Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Can I edit a colour ID map after I have created a project?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Artist_in_a_box polycounter lvl 7
Pretty much all in the title. I created a project with a colour map but now I need to change it. Sounds like it should be an easy thing but I edit the ID PSD and nothing happens. I even delete the TGA I originally set the project up with and yet it still seems to have it stored somewhere. ANy idea how I can change my ID map mid way through a project?

Thanks

Replies

• Artist_in_a_box
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm thinking this could be a bug as my 3DO is misbehaving also. It seems to stop updating occasionally and refuses to update unless I close it. 
  • Veezen
    Offline / Send Message
    Veezen polycounter lvl 9
    I asked about similar thing here:
    http://polycount.com/discussion/161977/answered-baking-curvature-through-3do#latest

I thought that replacing maps in "bakes" folder could do this job but nothing happened
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The reimporter function of DDO is currently disabled and should be making its triumphant return soon! Sorry about the wait, but we're working on it diligently. :smile: 
  • Artist_in_a_box
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the answers. At least I know I'm not going crazy. Veezen, I did get some luck with changing that ID file but it was buggy. I also had issues with colour ID layers going under eachother. If I had a red bar on one layer with a green bar crossing over it the properties of the red Id in DDO would bleed into the green ID. Got around it but itmade me scratch my head for a bit.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    The reimporter function of DDO is currently disabled and should be making its triumphant return soon! Sorry about the wait, but we're working on it diligently. :smile: 

Thanks for letting us know, I am looking forward to that feature too!
  • Artist_in_a_box
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys. Still having this issue even with the new 2.1 update. I am trying all which ways to change my ID map and it is not working at all. I even tried going through the reimporter and removing the ID map and though it goes through the whole re-rendering process it wouldn't even do that. 

Just to add some context to my issue. I am working on a trim texture for an environment but I didn't know what I would be needing when I started it so I intended to add to the trim texture as needs arose. 

Edit: Reimporter seems to work fine with other map types however. I tested it with AO and Normal and no issue there.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You don't necessarily need a new color ID texture for that - you can use the Paint Mask in Photoshop feature. It's located above Accept Mask in DynaMask, and will allow you to add a custom mask in Photoshop. If you already know the area that needs defined, simply make that white and put it in. :smile: 

As for the color ID problem itself, I'd like to take a look at your input maps and see if I can replicate this problem myself. Would that be okay? Filedropper.com is a useful resource for quickly posting up projects.
  • Artist_in_a_box
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah sure, I have packaged my project and am uploading it now. I will pm you with the link when its finished. 
    I am manually masking it now. I don't have much free time to do 3D work so I hadn't gotten used to dynamask yet. Thanks.