Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Airborn Halo 5 Artdrop

veteran polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Neox veteran polycounter
Hey guys,

we got the permission to post some of these :dizzy: 

Starting in 2014 we had the chance to support 343 Industries and Microsoft on their Multiplayer Production of Halo 5. We did many of the armors and will post them all once they are public.It was a very collaborative projects, with one or 2 main artists on a suit and if needed others to support them, be it with extra conceptual work or just liftig workload.
Our artists on Halo 5:
Andrey ChuloshnikovBenjamin HaleBenjamin SauderBoris PatschullChristian FischerChristian RüsselerDavid FraassJoao Sapiro JosueMarco LealMunise SertelPatrick SchindlerSteffen Unger

okay enough talking, lets drop some art!

Goblin halfsuit by Christian Rüsseler and Patrick Schindler
Venture Halfsuit by Christian Fischer

Teishin by Joao Sapiro Josue

Security by Patrick Schindler

Maverick by Andrey Chuloshnikov

Freebooter by Christian Rüsseler

Shinobi by Joao Sapiro Josue
Void Dancer by Boris Patschull and David Fraass

Hellcat by Marco Leal

Replies

• gamerenrique
    Offline / Send Message
    gamerenrique polycounter lvl 6
    more pls! more!!! :) 
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    These are totally amazing! Where they done using standard subd workflows? Great work! Looking forward to seeing more
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    maxivz said:
    These are totally amazing! Where they done using standard subd workflows? Great work! Looking forward to seeing more
    Yes, no sculpting or whatever voodoo involved, all classic SDS modelling.
    Mostly to stay flexible with changes and be able to get the data from any 3d software into maya for baking.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Neox said:
    maxivz said:
    Mostly to stay flexible with changes and be able to get the data from any 3d software into maya for baking.
    That makes a lot of sense! You have some serious skills guys! Congrats on the release
  • kio
    Offline / Send Message
    kio polycounter lvl 15
    yay - was a really good school on how to do .. or not to do things haha!
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    maxivz said:
    Neox said:
    maxivz said:
    That makes a lot of sense! You have some serious skills guys! Congrats on the release
    The wires must be gold  :*  !
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    WaYWO said:
    The wires must be gold  :*  !
    Not sure about that, I can ask if we can show some. But on many suits we did a lot of trickery with floaters. not all of these indents and vents and shit here are ingerated but thanks to normalmaps they appear flawless.
  • aaronaton
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronaton polycounter lvl 6
    hhmm some of these are a long way off, some of the indents and details just seem to be there by proxy and have no purpose other than to look Sci-fi.
    Keep going though, I'm sre you will nail it eventually!
  • melli06
    Offline / Send Message
    melli06 polycounter lvl 2
    Awesome! Any extra insight into their creation is appreciated! I need to level up my sds modelling!
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Not sure about that, I can ask if we can show some. But on many suits we did a lot of trickery with floaters. not all of these indents and vents and shit here are integrated but thanks to normalmaps they appear flawless.

Are floaters bad practice ?
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    PyrZern said:
    Not sure about that, I can ask if we can show some. But on many suits we did a lot of trickery with floaters. not all of these indents and vents and shit here are integrated but thanks to normalmaps they appear flawless.

Are floaters bad practice ?
    No no totally not, as anything they have there good uses and downsides., you would be surprised how much we floated on some meshes. As they give you quick and easy results. but the highpolies do not look as impressive therefore, for instance for movie pipelines this will not work, unless it is going to be normalmapped. On the later armors we mostly got rid of these practices, as one of the downsides of them is, that if changes come in you can mostly rebuild the floaters, so if you do use them you better know that you will not have heavy changes coming in.

That said, i will ask if we can show any construction shots, but as I didn't see any so far, i guess it will not be allowed.

aaronaton said:
    hhmm some of these are a long way off, some of the indents and details just seem to be there by proxy and have no purpose other than to look Sci-fi.
    Keep going though, I'm sre you will nail it eventually!
    i guess thanks for your first post in 2015, the suits are concepted by 343 and while I agree on some parts we could definitely have interpreted the concepts differently, lets say design was not our task on these :)
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    And the 2 new ones from the latest update "Cartographer's Gift"

MARK IV [GEN1] a true cooperative work, most work done by Benjamin Sauder, Munise Sertel and me

Raijin by Boris Patschull

and there are yet quite a few more to come :D

• Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    aaaaaaaand 2 more!

Mark V Alpha, a very retro one by Marco Leal

Achilles by Christian Rüsseler, Marco Leal and patrick Schindler as the main artists
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    and a new one got released :) 

and there are still a few more to come :D