Home News

Hop on the good foot to do the bad thing

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Oof - 2011! Let's get things started off with a bang with some goods found right here at Polycount.

Pixar knows what's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwoPtQevOTE

I saw this video over the holidays - (thank you Rick Stirling!) - and loved it enough to remember to show it to you here today. If you know me outside of what I write here, you know that I am a HUGE Pixar fan. I go see their movies a lone if that's what it takes to catch them in the theater. This video, created  by Leandro Braga, is a lovely Pixar fan service... created by a fan. Pretty cool!

Polycount pushing polys over the hollies

My lovely lady got me an iPad for Christmas this year, and the first thing I did was load up the green monster to see how she'd look on it. And by god, she's beautiful. The iPad + Polycount go so well together that I spent a considerable amount of time on Polycount over the holidays. Here's a few posts that I found to be especially note-worthy.

The Impromptu CIVIL WAR

Gav, Spark, Hazardous and Slipgate have taken it upon themselves to do an exclusive Civil War challenge amongst themselves set in the Shadowrun universe. Head on in and check out what these crazy fools are doing. This should be enough to whet your appetite for our very own Civil War challenge.

If you would like to pariticipate in a similar community-ran challenge, Swizzle's Unofficial Character Mini-Challenge and Community Skill-Building Activity. Like the Civil War, this one is being run by one of our members and it meant to challenge those inspired by the "Civil War" community-ran challenge mentioned above.

Character development, mon

55joe, a man with 225 posts after 4 years, ahem, has posted up this gem thread ripe with character development. Not of the story sense, but of the sense that matters to us - seeing an idea come to fruition. Head on in to see how his Jamaican Resistance character goes from idea, to concept, to production.

What you are working on...

I love the WAYWO thread we have at Polycount. And if I had to guess, you do too. It's our most viewed, most replied to thread each and every year. With 2010's thread being retired to the Archives, 2011's is already off to a huge start with 88 art-filled replies in 3 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diX_iY6wgPE

Conor's TRON low-poly animation video is a great way to kick that thread off.

Swizzle's style is all over this one.

Damn razorb can paint! Or: ANIMALS IN ARMOR!!

You see? I told you he can paint.

Duncan, when you're finished, I would like to... meet this girl.

If you'd like your artwork posted in our News posts, I suggest you make them sexy old oriental men like Scooby has done here.

Things to look forward to in 2011!

Here now, in the shortest form possible (I have to get to work dammit!) are a few things to look forward to coming in 2011 from Polycount!

• An exclusive interview with Kevin Johnstone
  • An exciting new contest AND a new challenge
  • More news!
  • Updates to the website: Submit News easier, bugs fixed, menu's updated, Forum features added

Replies