Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Feedback Wanted, please!

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Rogue One polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys,

Im looking for some feedback on this guy I am working on. Anything that stands out as "wrong" or aint doing it for you . He is meant to be some sort of jungle boy like tarzan so that is why he has bigger arms and defined chest.

So would love to hear any thoughts!

Cheers

hSE0q6A.png

Replies

• LaurentiuN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Is this supposed to be a human or some kind of extraterrestrial? i think the eyes are to far away from eachother.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He is humanoid. I was hoping the horns growing from his head might indicate that he is not a human tho....
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have came back to this with the intention of warping up the modeling sometime soon and would love to hear what you guy's have to say and what could be improved apon? cheers

IMy84Uw.png
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    Eyebrows being the same color as the skin is a bit weird. Why aren't they the color of his hair?
  • osed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osed polycounter lvl 4
    cool character!
    the horns dont read as horns that well. I thought it was hair at first. maybe sharpen them up a bit would help?
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 - I might darken them down a little but didn't want them to distract your eye to much from the rest of his face.

osed - Thanks! Glad you pointed that out. I was thinking the same but have looked at it for too long and wasnt too sure. Want people to know they are horns!

Anyone have have any crits on the overall forms and proportions?
  • Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I think what would help with the horns is how they attach to the head. people are seeing them as hair because they seem to taper at the base, when horns usually get wider and have an edge where the skin meets the horns. you might want to reconsider the design of them. either have 3 horns with a bit of space between them, or maybe go for a single antler type horn in the middle that splits into 3 tines.
    Max_the_Reindeer_Dog_by_bechedor79.jpg
    other than that I think your design is really nice, the eyes stand out well. I think I'd like to see the hands be a bit larger in proportion, give him a nice cartoony child look.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Tectonic. I see what you are saying. I was trying to go with simple shapes but I don't want people think it is hair so might sharpen them up a little and hopefully once the are textured they will look more like horns.

I am doing a pass over the whole charterer once more before getting final crits on the sculpt. Will post back soon enough.
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Is this character supposed to not have a nose?
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Correct, he has no nose a such!

Updated the anatomy here and there. The arms and torso area had the biggest re work. Happy to hear any thoughts or suggestion before I move on to retopo!

lxCth8L.jpg?1
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 14
    I might look at the pectoral/bicep/deltoid junction a bit closer. I would also move the eyes around some more, I wasn't sold on them immediately. The face is going to make or break the design.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Noth,

I hear you on the face. It has also lost some of the deffnation since I dynameshed. Will tweak it once I retop. WEhat isnt working for you in that area (pectoral/bicep/deltoid junction) ?
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I just wanna point out as it was mentioned before, I am not reading the Horns as horns. I think it still looks like hair. But good job, he is a likeable character =)