Home General Discussion

Gnomon : Substance Designer Texture Creation Rogelio Olguin

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
rogelio greentooth
11925997_10153178823993037_5422770546023296596_n.jpg?oh=97e78686a23e7873b1931aebe82b0297&oe=5668BFED

Hi everyone,

Here is my Gnomon Tutorial on procedural texture creation. Been working on this on and off. Hope you all like it. I hope I do not put anyone to sleep :D

Link here

Description

In this lecture, Rogelio Olguin will introduce the basics of texture creation with Substance Designer. Rogelio begins by showing the steps to create height information, the initial foundation of the texture. The design of a cobble stone texture is then demonstrated from start to finish. During the process, Rogelio goes over his techniques and workflow for creating simple tools that combine into one final texture that can have endless procedural possibilities. You will get an insight into Rogelio's texturing philosophies when it comes to the visual interest of texture creation. Ultimately the goal of the lecture is to share powerful Substance techniques that can be used to create virtually any texture.

Chapters
  1. Introduction
  2. Substance Designer Basics
  3. Cobble Creation
  4. Cobble Dirt
  5. Pebbles Dead Twigs
  6. Cobble Colorize Part 1
  7. Cobble Colorize Part 2
  8. Cobble Roughness
Thanks to Gnomon and Specifically Daniele Volpe at Gnomon on helping me with last min fixes.

If anyone has questions let me know I am open to answer ill do my best to answer them in concise and as quickly as possible.

Replies