Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sporeggar Mushroom Mailbox

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
fuzioninfinity polycounter lvl 7
Hi everyone! I have created some World of Warcraft: Warlords of Dreanor fan art. Looking for feedback on how I can improve it! Thanks!

Marmoset Viewer Link

Also on ArtStation.

421847340.jpg?3255

513770411.jpg?3272

381860366.jpg?3265

Replies

• linkov
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov polycounter lvl 10
    I think this is really cool. I recognized WoW and sporeggar when I first saw it in WAYWO thread before images finished loading, so good job on nailing the style.

But I think amount and density of details painted into that texture, make it look like its a large object rather than small mailbox. Also, mailbox parts are not really evident. If you place it in game, same size as other mailboxes, its going to read as just another mushroom instead of mailbox.
  • fuzioninfinity
    Offline / Send Message
    @Linkov - Thank you for the feedback! I am glad that the style came across.

I agree, I should have exaggerated the mailbox components of the mailbox a bit more. I envisioned the mailbox being a bit larger than your typical mailbox, around the height of a forsaken male. Perhaps I should have indicated the scale in the presentation.
  • VanLogan
    Offline / Send Message
    VanLogan polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good! I really like how you painted those textures.

Here is a quick paintover of how I think you could improve it. Right now the highest contrast is on the underside of the mushroom. I think you could darken that and use the dangly thing as a spot light for the mailbox bringing the focus there.

untitled_1_by_vanlogan-d97cjun.jpg
  • fuzioninfinity
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the paintover Vanlogan! I am planning to revisit/animate this piece soon, and your feedback is helpful!