Home Technical Talk

refBoard! Nifty little reference viewer.

Replies

• Perlinfalcon
    Offline / Send Message
    Perlinfalcon polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for this app, I've been using it a lot. The only thing I would request is a button for minimizing the window. It's great it will stay on top of other applications, but I wish it were easier to access the applications running underneath it when I want to. Also a click and drag zoom would be super for when I am using a stylus.
  • vmrnv
    That's awesome! Thanks, you're my hero! That's exactly what I was looking for sooo long.
  • Kbrom12
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for this app, I've been using it a lot. The only thing I would request is a button for minimizing the window.

You can actually double click the top bar and it'll minimize to the bar :poly142:

Few of us at work here recently grabbed this and love it so far. Biggest features we'd like to see is the ability to make the window transparent and to have more than 1 board open at once. Great work :thumbup:
  • nufftalon
    Offline / Send Message
    nufftalon polycounter lvl 11
    such a great app nice and simple just what I was looking for:)
  • photonarbiter
    Offline / Send Message
    photonarbiter polycounter lvl 4
    This looks really cool! Thanks for making it! :)
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Feedback on the most recent version :

- I think I would prefer it if the top bar of each image (used to move individual images around the board) was located inside the image frame instead of outside. I keep messing up the alignment of my images because of this, and I don't remember running into this problem with earlier versions.

- I wish there was on option to toggle the always on top behavior on and off ; this option would be located within the popup right-click menu.

- It would be great to be able to export the board to jpg and/or png at a given total pixel width. That too could be located within the right-click menu.

- I think the app should automatically save the current board on exit, and reload it on startup. Similarly, the screen position of the app should be remembered from one session to the next.
  • POFFINGTON
    Offline / Send Message
    POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
    This is fantastic! Thanks so much!
  • marielosp
    Howdy,

I love the idea of Refboard but the drag and drop doesn't seem to work from Safari 6.2, I usually find images I want to use as reference on the web (google images), load the original image on the browser and it would be great to drag it to Refboard directly, as saving the image then dragging it onto Refboard or importing it is not as convenient and time saving…
    Maybe I'm using the wrong browser?

I know it is just a little program you developed for yourself so I'm really grateful it exists thanks for sharing it… :)
  • ablaine
    Offline / Send Message
    ablaine polycounter lvl 14
    Really great app! I do wish moving the individual images around on the board was done by holding shift-click or something. That little bar at the top is so tiny. Also, any chance we might see the ability to rotate or flip images horizontally? Could be useful.

Thanks! :)
  • Dean
    Offline / Send Message
    Dean polycounter lvl 9
    ablaine wrote: »
    Really great app! I do wish moving the individual images around on the board was done by holding shift-click or something. That little bar at the top is so tiny. Also, any chance we might see the ability to rotate or flip images horizontally? Could be useful.

Thanks! :)

This. Both of these would be a welcome improvement. Lovely app though, many kudos to you Equanim.
  • dreamparacite
    Offline / Send Message
    dreamparacite polycounter lvl 7
    Been using this for a while now and it's very handy for getting lots of reference on one screen (the saving feature is a nice touch). However my biggest request would be as others said to have a toggle for the "always on top" nature of the window, though having it be collapsible helps. Thanks for the helpful application and for continued support!
  • Klaudio2U
    Offline / Send Message
    Klaudio2U polycounter lvl 8
    If possible i would love the feature where you can drag the image directly from browser into refBoard.
  • iadagraca
    Offline / Send Message
    iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
    Klaudio2U wrote: »
    If possible i would love the feature where you can drag the image directly from browser into refBoard.

Or right click "copy paste" if that can't work

pureref has the drag and drop feature but it doesn't work with https urls so you a have to copy/paste
  • CapitanLkl
    Killer little app: a global hotkey to show/hide entire window would be really great.
  • < ASH >
    Offline / Send Message
    < ASH > polycounter lvl 13
    I just discovered this little great tool while reading Kimmo Kaunela’s “The Last Stop” Making of article .
    I quickly give it a shot organizing some of the reference I am using on my actual project and it feels really intuitive to use.
    So I just wanted to drop by and say THANKS for sharing this little great tool with all of us ! :)
  • oxygencube
    Offline / Send Message
    oxygencube polycounter lvl 8
    I'm still using this as my main ref viewer.. Just came by to say thx again!