Home General Discussion

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Replies

• Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah, I would like to see consistently white eys some day too. I think the Batman: Dead end fan film tackled this well, where the actor had white contacts. Gave it a creepy vibe.\

I'm fine with the textural detail on the suit. Ever since the first Spider-Man movie I was never happy with the textural details they added, but then it looks fine in motion. It just seems better for the screen when they add that sort of detail, when you're watching it the main shapes/colors are really all that register. Even the basketball looking texture on the suit in "Amazing Spider-Man" which really bothered me in the photos looked fine in the actual movie. It's something I've grown use to. I like the actual simplistic, classic look they are going for with this one by comparison, we've seen the tactical armored looking batman so many times already.
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    Oooo and some more concept art sharing, loving wonders cape(obviously she wont be wearing it while fighting etc, she never really does,it's like royalty:P).
    11192682_1049127765105392_1057093959_n.jpg

And 100% confirmed that the batwing will be there(even though we've seen the trailer, some people weren't sure i guess). concept art below also.
    11190990_1388167641511262_733239962_n.jpg
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    That doesn't vaguely look airworthy...
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    That's a pretty weird design. I wonder if it pops out of the Batmobile or something.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    It kinda look like, if you loose the wings, theres a bat-boat in the middle though.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I assumed it did have a speed-boat component. It's still a really weird design.

I genuinely don't like it.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Im going to be that guy. I like Wonder Woman, and she deserves her own movie versus just an appearance in this one not even worthy enough to show in trailer.

That and I wish we could get more respect for her. Yes, I know her fetish past with the original creator. Still, would pants at least if not a shirt (braziers alone wont keep breasts in)?

I mean at least this showed a little respect.

Wonder_Woman_0302.jpg
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    oXYnary wrote: »
    Im going to be that guy. I like Wonder Woman, and she deserves her own movie versus just an appearance in this one not even worthy enough to show in trailer.

her role is supposedly a glorified cameo, we didn't even see lex and he's the villain. besides, she's getting her own movie from patty jenkins

costume.. eh, snyder's going for a comic look to the trinity, pants have rarely been part of her costume and the movie costume looks like a gold version of fabok's version

tumblr_nf955jnMTm1s8ldmao1_500.jpg
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more promo art, lol poses are pretty much direct copies of some of the comic books, but im not complaining.
    11254131_1599851333590733_1065402873_n.jpg
    11326751_487641941385340_780281260_n.jpg
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Regarding the pieces of concept art : I think the quality is just fine. These are movie props and constumes that we are talking about here, with a whole team of practical builders and costume makers in charge of turning the ideation work of the production designers into a convincing reality.

For instance, sketches by Eiko Ishioka like these :

Museum+Of+Moving+Image+-+Costume+Design+Obsession1-Optimized.jpg

then go on to become this :

IMG_3578.JPG

tumblr_m8fjmlGAfQ1rck6sjo9_1280.jpg

From there I think that the Bats costume is be in good hands. I personally quite like the brutal look of it, it's pretty cool how they managed to capture the Miller vibe.

And I agree with Tiger - simple can be good ! Even the spandex version can look fantastic on sceen ... and this one *has* the white eyes too !

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes[/ame]
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WB just released the official synopsis:
    Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

First look inside the batmobile and some other shots.
    batmobile-and-costumes-06092015.jpg?w=800&quality=85&strip=info

WB_BatmanvSuperman103b.jpg?1433874270
    WB_BatmanvSuperman104b.jpg?1433874395
    WB_BatmanvSuperman101b.jpg?1433874156

batman-v-superman-batmobile-image-12.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    batman-v-superman-batmobile-image-16.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    batman-v-superman-batman-costume-image.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    batman-v-superman-wonder-woman-costume-image.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    batman-v-superman-superman-costume-image.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info

Also shared a fact sheet about Ben Affleck’s new Batmobile:
    Single-handedly designed and fabricated in near complete seclusion by The Batman, this infamous pursuit and capture vehicle has earned its reputation as the apex predator on the mean streets of Gotham City. Over powered with an unmatched hybrid of prototype military and civilian performance technologies, this top machine has been estimated to reach speeds of up to 205 MPH. The Batmobile’s imposing defense capabilities, supported by stolen Wayne Industries technologies, have been integrated with the latest in covert military grade armaments, stealth and active protection systems.
    Facts:
    – Twin .50 caliber retractable machine gun turret
    – Fully armored
    – Stealth-capable
    – Active Protection Systems/Anti-ballistics
    – 20 ft. long/12 ft. wide
    – 7000 lbs.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the suit and car, but I can't help thinking that Rocksteady designed better ones for Arkham Knight
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At that size it's going to be kind of an unwieldy vehicle to try to drive around the streets.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Actually, I think that's the same car that was in the 'leaked' videos from the Suicide Squad set. It appears to be cruising down the streets rather easily... with the exception of the high horsepower, making it difficult to maintain traction.

like this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PI8EfYhtc[/ame]
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackablade wrote: »
    At that size it's going to be kind of an unwieldy vehicle to try to drive around the streets.
    It doesn't seem much bigger than the tumblr. Seems the same general proportion as the batmobiles in the older Batman movies. It probably doesn't make much sense to have that driving around city streets, but it looks rad.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Tumbler is 15 foot long, 9 foot wide and 5000lbs, it's smaller, but it looks bigger because it's not as flat as the new Batmobile.

They should race all the Batmobiles some day
  • Yasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yasser polycounter lvl 2
    is th new version drivable and can it make turns? those wheels look weird
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Watch the video, it clearly turns a corner.

Traction definitely sucks though, really sucks.
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The excitement just keeps growing every time they release more info.
    BatmanvSupermanEWCover.jpg?w=800&quality=85&strip=info
    The Trinity has united on the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s Comic-Con issue!
    Entertainment Weekly has also released the first still photos from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. We get a great look at Batman, Superman, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince, Lex Luthor (before he loses his hair I'm thinking), and a behind-the-scenes photo of Ben Affleck and director Zack Snyder.
    batman-vs-superman-01.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    batman.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    superman.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    ben-affleck-bruce-wayne.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    lex-luthor.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
    zack-snyder.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info

Also,
    Zack Snyder revealed that he pitched the first idea of a Batman/Superman movie to Christoper Nolan and writer David Goyer while they were making Man of Steel. “I said, ‘What about at the end of the movie we do a scene where there’s a crate full of kryptonite delivered to Wayne Manor,’” says Snyder. “Everyone was like…‘Okaay.’ Once you say it out loud it’s a problem because you can’t unsay it.”
    Ben Affleck described his Batman as being “on the verge of being swallowed up by the anger and the rage that we see haunt this character in the other manifestations of it. But this guy is further down the line and has become more embittered and cynical.”
    So why are Batman and Superman fighting? Entertainment Weekly says that Batman is worried that Superman’s unequaled power makes him more of a potential fascistic overlord than the hero we need, he makes it his duty to take him out of the sky for good.

They also debuted brand new details about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Here are the big ones:
    • For his climactic rooftop brawl with Superman, Batman outfits himself with a reinforced mech-suit equipped with strength-augmenting armor and, yes, kryptonite.
    • Batman and Wonder Woman have a meeting of alter-egos as Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince parry and flirt at a high-society function. “I love the fact that there was this Thomas Crowne Affair, Bond-y sexy scene that they wrote about two people who are pretending to be two different people who each know the secrets of the other person,” says Ben Affleck.
    Affleck went on to compare Batman to Hamlet, saying “Batman is basically the American version of Hamlet. We accept that he’s played by actors with different interpretations.”
    Affleck also commented on the fact that his Batman is much older than the ones we’ve seen on screen before. “He’s at the end of his run and maybe the end of his life. There’s this sort of world-weariness to it.”
    Director Zack Snyder echoed the comments of producer Charles Roven, and said that they wanted Superman to have to look up to Batman. “I liked the fact that Ben was 
 6’ 4” and taller 
than Henry,” says Snyder. “I wanted Superman to 
have to feel like 
he was looking up to Batman despite being so much stronger.”
    Expect even more Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice news next at San Diego Comic-Con. Batman News will have you covered!

A tease of the big Batman vs. Superman fight

In his editing suite in Pasadena last month, Snyder showed off early passes of the money sequence, a rainy rooftop battle between the two capes. There’s an undeniable thrill to watching these pop culture icons go at it — throwing each other through walls and skylights — that can likely be traced back to a memory of lying stomach-down in the living room, an action figure in each hand.

Bruce Wayne and Alfred in a rundown, abandoned Wayne Manor

And right now, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and his loyal butler, Alred (Jeremy Irons), are gravely intoning their lines into a burned-out fireplace, as Bruce prepares for his Valley of Elah moment with Superman. The billionaire vigilante appears weary but determined, not unlike the actor portraying him.

Bruce Wayne and Alfred in the Batcave

Snyder also reveals a scene in the Batcave where Bruce Wayne outlines his motivations to a skeptical Alfred, a bit of realpolitik reasoning that weighs the morality of a preemptive strike on Superman against even the minimal chance of humanity’s destruction.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Batsuit looks very much like Frank Millers, even tho I am not a fan of it they did nail it
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Marine
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Kryptonite confirmed - hooray for a shitty deus ex machina, i thought they were going to go a more interesting route for finding a weakness for Superman this time around.

Shitty CG in that trailer, and lots of it.

And Lex with hair is just... wut? I hope it's just a bad wig, OR that he loses his hair to kryptonite cancer.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    It looks pretty damn good except for a few things:

1) Kryptonite. It's a lame oldschool gimmick, and entirely unnecessary as it's been shown in the MoS movie that Superman is susceptible to red radiation and an altered atmospheric composition.
    2) Beck playing Lex Luthor. Might work, but from the trailers it looks stupid. Then again with Lex's track record it makes sense.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE[/ame]
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have now completely lost interest. Looks like vacuous twoddle.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I, for one, am hella excited! looks fantastic.

Ill hold off judgement of Lex for now. When you watch a trailer, you generally see the actor playing the character, rather than the character they build in the movie. So we shall see.

And yes, Lex has hair. Big whoop. He wasnt born bald, people.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    He wasnt born bald, people.

...he probably was...
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    So..... what's Wonder Woman doing there ?
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Shoehorned in prematurely to kickstart the Justice League movies.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, it is called 'Dawn of Justice'.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    SOOO much cg makes it look very bad. Jessie does not portray Lex well at all. I laughed twice during trailer. Not feeling Gal Gadot either, swift wind looks like it would blow her over
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    ambershee wrote: »
    ...he probably was...

luthorkent13.jpg
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you've missed the obvious.

The majority of babies are born bald, so he probably was born bald.
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fogbrain polycounter lvl 5
    Looks like a gigantic mess, it had me until it showed Lex Luger, who hasn't been introduced yet, and Wonder Woman, who hasn't even been mentioned, and Batman who while we've had previous movies with, is in no way part of the Nolanverse Batman, it's a brand new Batman.

If there's anyway this script can introduce all these things coherently into this one film, following up Man of Steel, which already got a decent amount of controversy, and turn it into an enjoyable film that ties it all together well, then color me surprised.
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't freaking wait!!!! gal is doing so much justice to wonder woman ,everything looks great, this and suicide squad...My heads gonna explode lol too much awesomeness.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    I just want them to go away so we can get some fresh ideas on screen.

I'm sure that fresh ideas are being put on screen all the time. just not in hollywood :p

I don't think there's any hope of having less marvel/dc in cinemas, in fact think it's gonna get even worse from now on.
    Problem with american comic books is that they don't fucking end, even if some author creates a definite ending in his story, there's 2457 alternative universes where same characters still keep on fighting their fight.
    I bet there's enough of this stuff to keep making marvel/dc movies for next 40 years.

One can hope that people will get tired of it eventually.
    Thing is, if people still didn't get tired of reading the same shit over and over again in comic books then why would they get tired of watching it?
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it'd be more tolerable if they weren't churning them out quite so quickly; a new superhero movie every two months is a bit much, especially given that the plots are more or less identical in every other movie too.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the thing, it's not like if they stop making superhero movies there would be a sudden influx of smart, thought provoking cinematic masterpieces. The people always like their schlock, and frankly I prefer this to buddy cop movies.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Or a movie about Emoji.

Really. That's a thing that's happening now. I'm not sure I'd like to see what Hollywood would come up with if the superhero cash cow bolted.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if DC/Warner burned out after a couple of movies though.
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    Everything looks good in an ok sort of way. It looks like a movie that is mean and dark and serious and the heroes are like, well the hero actors are trying to read off their serious lines while holding in farts or something fierce.

My only beef is that there are too many characters in the movie to try and develop their characters. Plus I feel that either Batman was cast twice or Lex Luthor, because they are both pretty much the same type of person; super rich, super smart with messed up childhoods. I guess the good and evil part is the difference. idk
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And some more news:
    EMPIRE_SEPT15Cover.jpg?w=800&quality=85&strip=info

Empire magazine has just revealed their latest cover, and it features Ben Affleck’s Batman and Henry Cavill’s Superman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice! If you notice in the bottom right corner, it looks like a special Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent cover will be on the back of the magazine. The issue will go on sale this Thursday, so stay tuned to Batman News for whatever goodies await for us inside.

“There is just this gravitas to Batman,” director/producer/franchise oversees Zack Snyder stresses in Empire’s cover feature. “He is operatic.” And Superman? ” In this movie, everyone has split into different directions as to how they feel about this alien,” explains Henry Cavill. “Some people love him, some hate him. Other people fear him. Is he a tyrant?”
    Snyder also commented on the DC Extended Universe, saying “I want all the other directors of the other films to be able to stretch their legs and do what they want, but at the same time there is a big interconnected universe.”
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    I love batman but I still don't know how this fight would be fair at all. Superman flew through building after building after building in the last movie during his fights, I highly doubt Batman could survive that.

Unless they nerfed Superman's OP powers and gave Batman a substantial buff in the lastest update.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like they avoided the "how does he turn his neck" problem by just removing his neck.
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like they avoided the "how does he turn his neck" problem by just removing his neck.
    He has a neck and can turn perfectly lol(that was like the first thing they worked on plus being able to take a piss without tearing the suit off) i think it's just something up with the magazine.
    batman-v-superman-batman-costume-image.jpg?fit=665%2C550&quality=85&strip=info
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick wrote: »
    I love batman but I still don't know how this fight would be fair at all. Superman flew through building after building after building in the last movie during his fights, I highly doubt Batman could survive that.

Unless they nerfed Superman's OP powers and gave Batman a substantial buff in the lastest update.

ikr lol I'm just gonna quote batman from some comic i forgot""If superman really wanted to kill me he would""
    Heck i feel most of the heroes/villains could destroy him pretty easily, since they're as smart plus a lot are smarter including superman.(wonder woman pushed bats out of a window and had her boot on his head when he tried to take a prisoner from her lol). Most writers just go by popularity, money etc like thor vs iron man.
    But yeah i don't think they're really going to fight to kill in the film.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    So, I guess at the end of the movie, they gonna go like 'whoops, sry buddy, seems we were misled to fight each other. Let's gank up on this dude who's behind it. And then to prevent this from happening again, let's form our very own group where we will share information. Let's call it ..... Justice League. Oh, let's invite WW too.'
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    PyrZern wrote: »
    And then to prevent this from happening again, let's form our very own group where we will share information. Let's call it ..... Justice League. Oh, let's invite WW too.'

All aboard the sequel train! :poly124:
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern wrote: »
    So, I guess at the end of the movie, they gonna go like 'whoops, sry buddy, seems we were misled to fight each other. Let's gank up on this dude who's behind it. And then to prevent this from happening again, let's form our very own group where we will share information. Let's call it ..... Justice League. Oh, let's invite WW too.'
    LOL
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    He has a neck and can turn perfectly lol(that was like the first thing they worked on plus being able to take a piss without tearing the suit off) i think it's just something up with the magazine.

Yeah, I was just making fun of that promo image.
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Batman and Superman are on the cover of this week’s issue of Empire magazine, but you won’t have to wait until it goes on sale on Thursday to get a new look at Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Today, Empire has released 3 awesome new images from the movie that give us a look at Batman, Superman, and Lex Luthor!
    Fun fact… Superman is inside the abandoned ruins of Wayne Manor in the image below. Does that mean Superman figures out Batman’s identity in the movie? We’ll have to wait and see! We also get an iconic look at Batman in his armored Batsuit, as well as Lex Luthor standing in the middle of the basketball court that’s inside LexCorp.
    batsignal.jpg?resize=1200%2C799&quality=85&strip=info
    super-wayne-manor.jpg?resize=1200%2C799&quality=85&strip=info
    Lex.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&quality=85&strip=info
    Every time they share, my excitement just grows.