Home General Discussion

Which Wacom to buy!

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Jakub interpolator
Hello guys,

I'am currently loooking to buy a Wacom for myself, so far I used the cheapest one. I'll be using mostly Zbrush and Substance Painter, but I am not sure which one is going to be the best option.

The idea was born, because I wanted to get myself a new monitor and upgrade my Wacom tablet. After seeing that a good monitor costs around 800/900e and tablet adds another 400 to it(Intous pro) I started to lean towards the Cintiq.

I wonder if there is someone who could advise me, which one would be a better choice. Either 22HD or new 27QHD.

If someone can suggest a good 27/30 inch monitor that would go well with Intuos Pro M, I can also go for that :)

Greetings

Replies

• illo
    do you want to have longer brush strokes and have a lot of desk space available? 27QHD
    do you not? 22HD

personally the larger wacoms, to me at least, are worthless. I generally move the camera to the 'center' of where im working so I could feasibly work in a 6x6 area and be just as happy.

ive got the companion 2 , and its 13in screen is more than enough.

since this is generally a serious chunk of cash for anyone to spend, I would try and find both on display someplace and go sketch on them for a good while.
  • SnowInChina
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    illo wrote: »
    do you want to have longer brush strokes and have a lot of desk space available? 27QHD
    do you not? 22HD

personally the larger wacoms, to me at least, are worthless. I generally move the camera to the 'center' of where im working so I could feasibly work in a 6x6 area and be just as happy.

ive got the companion 2 , and its 13in screen is more than enough.

since this is generally a serious chunk of cash for anyone to spend, I would try and find both on display someplace and go sketch on them for a good while.

this is some good advice
    many people think "yeah, iam going to get the biggest tablet i can afford"

but in reality it comes down to how you draw
    i work like illo, so its actually more comfortable for me to have a smaller tablet
  • LeeCurt
    Offline / Send Message
    LeeCurt polycounter lvl 2
    I have a 22HD for a year now, and i'm pretty happy with it. At the time the 27QHD wasn't out yet, so i picked this one over the 24HD (the stand on this model was too big for my desk)

IMO, If you tend to customise your interface to maximise your active workspace and use shortcuts the 22HD is more than enough.

if you tend to keep all your tools/palettes within easy reach, your active workspace won't be that big (in painter especially). In that case, a 27QHD can't hurt for sure, but a 22HD is still pretty decent :)