Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Battlefield Hardline Housing Fan Art WIP

Sullum97
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sullum97 polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys here's my next project. Working on the low income housing feat. in battlefield hardline. For now focusing on one house and an alleyway behind it. Cheers!

x2YU68f.jpg
QBIMKP3.jpg
hkDFxsb.jpg
ftGeVVP.jpg
xOXUbK3.jpg
4rvkFGV.jpg

Replies

• TheKlu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheKlu polycounter lvl 8
    It's very nice, you get very good the Battlefield Hardline style!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey TheKlu! Thank you for your very kind words, I appreciate it mate! Cheers!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there guys! Update the modeling is pretty much finished I think. Critiques and comments always welcomed and appreciated! Would love some feedback! Anyways onto the pictures! I hope you all have a lovely weekend and 4th of July!
    LbXrmfQ.jpg
    WLO3Tuw.jpg
    BWTeTu2.jpg
    5x5huNo.jpg
    aMvZOFK.jpg
  • amirabd2130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amirabd2130 polycounter lvl 7
    looks good so far
    looking forward to see this with textures
  • OlaHaldor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OlaHaldor polycounter lvl 4
    It looks great! Looking forward to see you texture it in your stream! :)
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys really appreciate the kind words! Cheers!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Shinigami Cheers buddy! You can view the videos on http://www.twitch.tv/gildarts97/profile/past_broadcasts Has start to current update so far! Hope you have a wonderful weekend thanks for the inquiry!
  • siddb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, this is amazing!
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Always cool to see fan art for a project you've worked on :)

This is looking pretty good so far! If anything I'd say watch the scale and proportions of everything, the front window seems to be sitting a bit low. If you have any specific questions I can try to answer or get someone from the team to check it out.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    I'd say that bike looks pretty small scale wise to the chairs especially, unless it's supposed to be a kids bike.

On second thought, I think the chairs compared to everything else looks like it might be slightly too large. IE its about the same size as one of those plastic green trash bins yet I think it would probably be smaller. The trash cans are probably a bit more taller than a mailbox, etc.

The fence probably can stay the same if it's supposed to be a halfwall, always a bit harder to tell with objects that can exist as a bunch of different sizes in RL.

After tweaking with the scale a bit, I'd perhaps suggest that you add in one round of smaller objects to the scene, preferably objects that are basically standardized in size to give the whole place a better sense of scale and perspective. IE misc stuff like soda cans, glass bottles, pizza boxes, shoes, pieces of paper, tin cans, cigarette packs, ash trays, small/medium cardboard boxes, broken cathode ray tube television, boombox, tires, baseball bats, etc. could all add in that missing small level of detail and enhance the visual story a bit. A few standard-sized items helps with the scaling on all levels of detail, and it's always nice to have a couple for each general size.

I'm not saying for you to model all of that o'course, just some examples of what might help with that sense of scale ;)
  • St4lis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    St4lis polycounter lvl 7
    The light bulbs on the shed are smaller than the ones on the main house. This breaks the sense of scale a bit, since it makes it look like the shed is just a scaled down house.
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys wow wow wow! So many great and lovely responses!

Shinigami thanks again for your kind words!

Sid Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

Sean Vangorder I am totally jealous haha trying to honor what you guys did! I definitely need to keep my proportions in check and seeing as everyone else is seeing it and I'm not I need to go back and check everything! Thanks again!

Deathstick awesome critique! Tons of ideas for me to throw into the scene how exciting! Thank you thank you thank you!

St4lis Yeah I agree, I need to go back and check the proportions I'll get it fixed thanks!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey shinigami! It's definitely probably not the best practice but I wanted a little depth on my scene and since it's not really for an actual game I can get away with it. Would I do this for an actual game and hand it to my art director? If it was a feature piece yeah but not of it just was a background prop. In regards to sub d I actually don't usually have them sub d I'm not sure why I would bit the way I was taught was how it was modeled but If you have any insights on if I should Change up my workflow for professional industry level work than by all means I'm all ears! Cheers buddy hope you have a lovely week!
  • EpicBeardMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EpicBeardMan polycounter lvl 8
    Solid work so far.
    What will you be using for texturing? Will you use Quixel or Substance (or any other program)?
    I don't have anything else to critique since everything has been said previously.

Cheers! :D
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey epic beard nice to see you on here too. I'll be using quixel photoshop and substance painter. And rendering in unreal likely since marmoset is being a bit picky for my tastes. Cheers
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys! Well after corrupting my files the previous night and thankfully having my objs saved I was able to catch up and get this rendered out in Unreal 4.8. Relatively happy with the result, still getting some lightmapping issues, but totally a new experience for me. C & C Welcome! Have a great night cheers!
    VEt8c0Y.jpg
    gJyn8IP.jpg
    bgG89yC.jpg
    EQOxiB2.jpg
    fDKmguf.jpg
    H7mkymM.jpg
    0SXwAz0.jpg
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wanted to post my final result after some changes! Have a lovely weekend all!

mxi3Oth.jpg
    MmS7bQe.jpg
    5cEUD0g.jpg
    g8vzgiY.jpg
    yhlmOMv.jpg
    dpKZ46y.jpg
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Outer wall or house should be painted for contrast, everything is a shades of gray? Your christmas lights are too perfect, some should be missing (to go with run down feel) and they are poltergeist unnatural bright; also a bit on the large side I'd scale em back a bit. The house siding/walls/exterior tile way to much and you can see the repeats in the texture. The lighting is a bit too dark as I'm losing a lot of the models and details you've put into the scene.

Keep going....
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tyvm pixelpatron, ill be sure to fix them and make it better! CHeers!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's some of the changes people suggested and some of which I came up with. Significantly better than before imo. Cheers guys!
    Km3rTG3.jpg
    bMsclwa.jpg
    4LbxuxQ.jpg
    8LA6adI.jpg
    Bcb5V81.jpg
  • CreativeHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeHD polycounter lvl 6
    I definitely like the newer one better! Good job!
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tyvm creative, i like the newer one significantly better too, im glad I made some touch ups.
  • ross185
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ross185 polycounter lvl 6
    you should do a daytime one too ;)
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    =D I could, the concept was a night lit scene so that's why I went with one. I like the results haha!
  • james01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If your using a tileable textures for the walls, it would be best to incorporate vertex painting (the combination of two textures) to break up the repetition. Grunge decal placement can also assist with this.
  • Sullum97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks james! Vertex painting is definitely something that can be done!