Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio website, Critique and suggestions please!

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
DeepSpaceBanana polycounter
Hi guys,

Link( http://www.tkoramdev.com/)

I am slowly trying to refine a polish my portfolio to look more professional. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or critiques you guys have. If you have any suggestions on any work I should not include etc, or any extra info i should add. I appreciate you guys taking time out to do this.

Thanks!

TK

Replies

• alexk
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    I took a quick look and here are some notes from a first impression:

1) Your website is too wide for a 1280 x 1024 resolution monitor

2) In your resume, personally, I'd get rid of the "Dragon Slayer" part, it's not professional IMO, but maybe you're resume will land in the hands of someone who wlll get a laugh from it

3) I generally understand Technical Artist as someone who makes tools for artist that help with the pipeline. Like max to engine exporters, light baking scripts, ect. I'm not sure I saw any examples of those on your portfolio

4) Make it easy for someone to save images off of your site. When I right click and try to save an image, it tries to save out the .html file instead of a jpg
  • DeepSpaceBanana
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk wrote: »
    I took a quick look and here are some notes from a first impression:

1) Your website is too wide for a 1280 x 1024 resolution monitor

2) In your resume, personally, I'd get rid of the "Dragon Slayer" part, it's not professional IMO, but maybe you're resume will land in the hands of someone who wlll get a laugh from it

3) I generally understand Technical Artist as someone who makes tools for artist that help with the pipeline. Like max to engine exporters, light baking scripts, ect. I'm not sure I saw any examples of those on your portfolio

4) Make it easy for someone to save images off of your site. When I right click and try to save an image, it tries to save out the .html file instead of a jpg

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize my slideshows images couldn't be downloaded, I'm gonna fix that ASAP.
  • supersnakelx
    Offline / Send Message
    supersnakelx polycounter lvl 7
    Resolutions are too big initially. I find it's best to keep them at around 950x500 and they can be clicked on to enlarge.
    I like that all the art is on one page, though the last 2 pages are redundant since Resume has all the relevant info. At least I suggest removing the last page and just add the contact field at the bottom of About.
    As for the art, the Abandoned Tori should be first as it looks the nicest; but that's just my opinion.
  • tahakitan
    Offline / Send Message
    tahakitan polycounter lvl 9
    I like your art. I think the biggest issue is the slideshow and also the size of the images. we should be able to click on each image and have it open so that we can zoom into it and such. having all of them blown up on the same screen is not a good idea because they can't be zoomed in and out and it makes the site look cluttered. put your stuff on a site like imgur or artstation and save the url and add it as a link on your wix site so that when you click on the image it opens it up. That's what I do anyway.
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Not sure if Wix allows images to be saved. Not sure if it works with ppl hotlinking or pinterest it either.
  • tahakitan
    Offline / Send Message
    tahakitan polycounter lvl 9
    it does, I have it and I can do it as long as you have dropbox, or imgur, or even artstation.
  • DeepSpaceBanana
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input guys! So i guess the initial resolution of the images is something i definitely need to fix, since everybody keeps mentioning it.

Wix definitley has some limitations, like you cant have videos and images in a gallery, so i have to keep linking my videos in an external page.