Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

H1Z1 Zombie Survival Game Mini Art Dump

hero character
Offline / Send Message
slosh hero character
I decided to start a little mini thread of the art I'm making for H1Z1, a zombie survival game by Daybreak Game Company. I've been working on the human male and female player characters along with various customization for each such as clothes, hair, etc. I am slated to do some zombie work very soon so hopefully will have some cool stuff to show in the near future. I have done low poly textured versions of the humans but haven't gotten the chance to do nice renders. I hope to update this thread as I produce new art for the game. The game is in early access on steam so check it out! For now, here are the sculpts for the male and female.

satoshi-arakawa-male-underwear.jpg?1430239614
satoshi-arakawa-male-clothed.jpg?1430238255
satoshi-arakawa-male-head.jpg?1430163426
satoshi-arakawa-male-torso.jpg?1430238227
satoshi-arakawa-male-arms-legs.jpg?1430238225
satoshi-arakawa-female-nude.jpg?1430239577
satoshi-arakawa-female-torso.jpg?1430239577
satoshi-arakawa-female-underwear.jpg?1430239479
satoshi-arakawa-female-clothed.jpg?1430239479
satoshi-arakawa-female-head.jpg?1430239481
satoshi-arakawa-female-teeth.jpg?1430239485

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    very cool. The art looks quite a bit higher then ive seen in videos. Since you guys got got involved are you replacing all of the assets ?
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Yes we are redoing a lot of the character art. Most of the original assets created along with the original male and zombie is all going to be redone. The male has been replaced and a female is coming soon. The zombies should be next but not sure when they will update in game. I create them fairly highrez but of course they get downrezed quite a bit for in game...just the nature of the industry.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Indeed, cant wait to see more. Your characters are always fantastic keep it up
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Thought I would add in the latest images of stuff from H1Z1 that I got to work on.  These are Marmoset 2 renders of the human male head I got to work on.  I added more cards and whatnot to the hair and gave him facial hair geo but it's essentially the same model that is in game.  Marmoset 2 is of course an ideal renderer for me to push the realism.  

• FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I've always liked your work, and you're also one of the most actively helpful artist around here. (; Right now I'm working on a stylized character, and it'll be my graduation work. After it's done, I'm definitely going to create something realistic, to really push my limits. And this gives me inspiration and enthusiasm.