Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Titan Concept (Needs some critics)

Here is one of them. Please let me know what direction you guys think I should go for. Which of all 3 options it's the most appealing one for a giant titan that used to be a guardian and now it's simply a slave.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

option_1.jpg

option_2.jpg

option_3.jpg

Replies

• System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Ok, I finally understood how this forum works and here I have uploaded the images for you guys to critic and give me some feedback.
  • Revocare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The crown shape on #1 definitely feels "guardian", regal, etc. Maybe to suggest a fall from glory, you can have that crown shape cracked/partially destroyed for a little asymmetry? gj so far!

Hooray for storytelling through character design :thumbup:
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Thank you very much for you feedback Revocare, even though I never intended the horns to suggest a crown, it's a good idea for my concept. I might try your suggestion. And also I might type the whole background story, so people can understand my design choices better.
  • TomGT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomGT polycounter
    I like the #2 from the side because the neck is bent like someone who's done a lot of labor work on his back, while bending his head down. I'd be tempted to try and bend it further though not as much as the other two, since those look more hunched back instead of a natural neck bend.

However I do like the horns from #1.haha

Hope that helps. All the best with the character!
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    I like number 2 the most mostly for its side view and overall head shape. Yup yup! Good job.
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    I prefer #2, I also think the holes on the side of the neck should be better worked into the mesh, they come a bit from nowhere, like if there is some kind of crevice leading into them from the head or something.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Thanks TomGT, nickcomeau and Maxilator. After reading your feedback I realized I didn't pay attention to the details you guys mentioned in your posts.

Well, here I have attached three new images. This time I want to show full body of all three head variations so you guys can have a better idea.

The body is the same for all three heads, besides for some reason I didn't like quite well the perspective camera from zbrush. I hope the character is still readable in its essence and the camera doesn't become and issue for your critics.

body_1.jpg

body_2.jpg

body_3.jpg
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    With the body in there, heads number one and number three are quite a bit too small in my opinion which is why I would say number two is still my favorite.
  • TomGT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomGT polycounter
    Yeah I agree with nickcomeau here too.

#2 is still the best out of the three. The flathead works better for him now that i've seen the whole character.
  • skodone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    #2 yes! best shape
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Thank you nickcomeau, TomGT ans skodone. I started this project some time ago and my first approached was option number one, however I didn't feel completely satisfied with this character's head and I started to sculpt more ideas which led to option #2 and option #3. I basically did option #3 because I felt the flat sort of crown was not suppose to be too big. Nevertheless, you guys have given me so good inputs that I think I will go with option #2 and polish the whole character once I re-do its new topology.