Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Iron Forge Clan - Xit Woundz

Replies

• Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy,

WarrenM, Neat idea you have. due to how late it is in the project I will see what I can do to make it more appealing. Right now I have to keep to my schedule to finish in time but I have a week or so to do touch up work and that might be something I tackle during that time. Neat idea about the torches though, I will mess around with an that if I get a chance. I may try eye tricks and try to work with what I got but I may just scrap it and do something new! Thanks for the feedback!

in the meantime I will finish up this dude hopefully before next monday, so I am going to spend some sweat time on this high res and get it looking nice then get the low res looking pretty dandy as well.

mL4Bytq.jpg

Going to keep on keeping on until my eyes fall out of my head. looking forward to finishing this project, but I feel as though I am going to need to spend a very large amount of time on this before it gets to the level of quality that I want but I am having a ton of fun participating in this contest.
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy,

Small update today.
    Working on zbrush stuff, in addition to trying to complete this guy I am trying new workflow and seeing what works for me in zbrush. I only recently gotten over my fear of zbrush from when I worked with it as a student and I am starting to learn more and more with it, so its fun!

dnd31C7.jpg

Important but not really

Starting to work overtime right now so I won't be able to put in as much work in this project as i'd like. I am also changing my diet to eat less food so I am kinda grumpy... but I am still in this contest. I don't know where i'll take this project after the contest but I hope to revisit a lot of content here and really take the time it deserves to be able to make it look fabulous.
    But, damn this thing is eating up all of my spare time I have so I think I might take a day off but no more than two. I have been doing this so long that its now habit that gets me to work more than anything else.

keep on being awesome.
  • Cheeky_Pickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheeky_Pickle polycounter lvl 9
    This is awesome, great explanation!

One thing that caught my eye like @WarrenM was the stone backing behind the chair. I would cut the top right and top left corners off. As well as making it less beaten up, right now the shape is very natural where as I think it would benefit from a more man-made feel!
  • EpicBeardMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EpicBeardMan polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, your statue sculpt for now looks pretty solid, I like the detail you put into some parts of the object, of course I expect more detail to be done on it, as you were probably also intended to do.
    As @WarrenM said about adding torches, I think too that they would be an interesting addition. Now what kind of torches? That's up to you. :D

Cheers!
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy,

I want the torches to be every color and pulse violently and in beat to a daft punk song. But that probably won't happen.

Anyway this sculpting thing is killing me. So I got a first pass done on the body and I am going to begin doing the low res and uv's tomorrow or I might do an actual detail pass on this guy to make him more interesting, but other stuff needs to get done to >.<

3wqF00L.jpg

Not to blown away by it but I feel as though I should focus more on lighting right now, but doing this is really taking its toll but its not like im going to quit, just won't do as much as I can because of laziness and being tired. But I am thinking of continuing to work everyday on stuff and make a sketch book thread on pimping and previews here on polycount, so I just may do that. But I need to finish this thing first. Gotta say thou, its really fun to be part of the community participating like this.
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy.

I am all the lighting. its fun.

gBwi11V.jpg

So.... statue dude did not get done.......
    because of sales on the humble bundle store but I am going to keep on keeping on.

Plan right now.

Work on Lighting and getting that looking as good as possible.

Then finishing up details, such as rock falloff.
    Add banners
    Finish statue
    Update throne sculpt.
    Sculpt on steps and stuff.

Keep on tweaking until the turn in.
    Then rejoice for this contest will be over and I will have a life again.
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy.

Quick update today.
    More work on lighting and getting it going in the direction I want it to go. I might do some production bakes this weekend but yeah just keeping on keeping on.

PVCkDgt.jpg
    4ZNpNse.jpg
    sUbXoLC.jpg
    x70YJAa.jpg
    DeSGVw6.jpg
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy.

All lights are in place and now its tweaking to perfect the mood that I want to go for.
    May add in a few more rim lights to help breakup the mid ground and background but i'll get to that when I do.

kBIIhBl.jpg

Its a starting to come together.
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy,

More stuffs.

FdBRsJ4.jpg
    Messing around more and testing stuff.
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy.

Got some stuff done, finished the low res for the statue dude so now I get to texture him and get him ready

did some tweaking but now unreal is deciding to break all my lights and ruin my post effects. so I have to waste time fixing shit I already did.

Anyway progress.

KxRCQX4.jpg
    Important but actually important.

anyway, does anybody know why the dominate directional light would just stop casting shadows on shit, or it won't cast shadows from one object onto another. this thing is killing me right now.
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy.

Trying to work with the bug thats not allowing me to cast shadows. messed around with fog and more post stuff today. I baked all the textures I need form the high res and have them on the statue parts, so all I need to do now is texture it... fun.
    doing a ton of overtime at work so I won't be able to put all the love and care into this project. but maybe =P who needs sleep.

Lr7ExFw.jpg
  • EpicBeardMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The lighting is quiet alright. I like the redish color those crystals emit. The throne itself looks pretty solid. But maybe, you would want to make the transition between the throne and the floor more subtle, that's what I would do, at least. It may be just my pesronal preference.
    Anyhow, good luck on finishing the project, I am waiting to see your project in the end.

Cheers!
  • DeepSpaceBanana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeepSpaceBanana polycounter
    This is starting to look all kinds of awesome. I'm not sure if your done with it yet or not but the crystals seem a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the scene. I think you should dig into the material and get it looking more glowy glass/crystally.

Perhaps something more along these lines?

http://misuuu.free.fr/3D/img/cristal.jpg
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    The lighting is quiet alright. I like the redish color those crystals emit. The throne itself looks pretty solid. But maybe, you would want to make the transition between the throne and the floor more subtle, that's what I would do, at least. It may be just my pesronal preference.
    Anyhow, good luck on finishing the project, I am waiting to see your project in the end.

Cheers!

Thats a problem I need to fix, thanks for the heads up I'll try to remedy it with tiny rocks.
    tzydpro wrote: »
    This is starting to look all kinds of awesome. I'm not sure if your done with it yet or not but the crystals seem a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the scene. I think you should dig into the material and get it looking more glowy glass/crystally.

Perhaps something more along these lines?

http://misuuu.free.fr/3D/img/cristal.jpg

Thanks for your feedback dude, i'll keep that in mind when I am working on the cyrstals, I got a lot of tweaking to do in the next few days.

Anyway got stuff.
    Started texturing the statue and refined sculpt on throne stuff. fixing now and working on more immersion stuff. Need to do tiny rocks and scatter them on the floor. also fix up floor texture.

9XwAiW3.jpg

Never was able to get my lighting to work again, but oh well =P
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    more stuff, working on more rocks. going to add decals and stuffs soon. pebbles might be something else I do tomorrow.

Gvtmd0d.jpg
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy,

Well, its done!

its been an amazing learning experience participating in my first contest for this. Its amazing to participate with some industry professionals that have all produced some amazing pieces of artwork.

overall I am disappointed that I could not produce artwork on the same level as my last project, but I learned some stuff and it was fun participation while working full time and crazy overtime, in addition to my partner leaving, and my lighting breaking.
    But I am glad I did this. Looking forward to seeing the winners in the coming week or so.

fs00ZhK.jpg

y4HHDZs.jpg

qhpPTNt.jpg

7O0JCnK.jpg
  • EpicBeardMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice angles you got there. Lighting is not bad, it could be better ofc, but due to it breaking, it is good.
    Looking overall, it's pretty solid.

Cheers!