Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Western Environment

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jose.fuentes interpolator
Hey Guys

These are some models that I made for a western style shooter we made for android devices.

24feP9I.jpg

dvsjKya.jpg

2bkgVJ6.png

4ykfCRC.png

Ro3rYJ4.png

Sw5sVFP.jpg

Replies

• AngryMindtricks
    I'm really not feeling the cliff textures you have there... I mean like they're drawn fine but I feel like they just don't really go with the rest of your scene... I can't interpret whether your scene is trying to go stylized cartoon or hand-painted realistic... Because it's like a style mash of both at the moment to me...and considering how large of an input that cliff texture provides your scene it can be a little overpowering with the dark thick shadow outlines which are ultimately also the reason it's looking so cartoon-like. Keep going though :)
  • Chimi Jimi
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimi Jimi polygon
    i think you really need to work on the cliff textures and also work out some sort of level colour for the scene/game because atm its just reading as really really flat with no real variation in hue, saturation or light level but keep at it :)
  • Cheeky_Pickle
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheeky_Pickle polycounter lvl 9
    I agree, I think the problem is the darker shades you have used are too dark. It creates the illusion of lineart almost. Lighten them up a little, and add some more details on the main rock as the only detail right now is where the dark lines are :) Gl!
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    Cliff textures are a no go it seems, cool guys ill see what i can do with them. We were def trying to do a more cartoony feel to the game