Home Quixel Megascans

DDO crashes a lot

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
Whenever I have 3DO up, working in DDO and doing things like using the Color Picker, quixel suite will crash and generate these errors:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	SUITE.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:	546c3e35
  Problem Signature 04:	System.Dynamic
  Problem Signature 05:	4.0.30319.33440
  Problem Signature 06:	5200436e
  Problem Signature 07:	a5
  Problem Signature 08:	8c
  Problem Signature 09:	PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
  OS Version:	6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	1d8e
  Additional Information 2:	1d8e0b67dc4ac511cd2ec092e71707d2
  Additional Information 3:	bb8b
  Additional Information 4:	bb8b3de54f8ececd5361294054089e57

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	SUITE.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	546c3e35
  Fault Module Name:	KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:	6.3.9600.17278
  Fault Module Timestamp:	53eebf2e
  Exception Code:	c000041d
  Exception Offset:	000000000000606c
  OS Version:	6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	35bd
  Additional Information 2:	35bd8142c38f081335a7e63054f847f4
  Additional Information 3:	c422
  Additional Information 4:	c4226ad4993dadfbc31fc810c52bb9ad

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Replies

• Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Now, after restarting the computer I always get this error when creating a project (Crashes during the "Exploding colors" -phase):

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042260): General Photoshop error occured. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.

It´s the same as this old error:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139635
  • Eric Ramberg
    Hi Mr nightshade.

The color picker crash is very unfortunate and something that we´re going to sort in coming releases, basically the suite can crash if you have the color picker up and click somewhere on the UI. Very sorry about this! Anything else that is causing you crashes during normal usage?

The creation error, does this happen every time you try to create a project?
    I think I saw in another thread that you tried the Sample projects from the WIKI, have you also tried to load all the maps manually from that sample project, and not just opened the project file?
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello.

I´m not sure it is the color-picker. I mean it could be, but I never suspected it to be the cause of this.

I´ve tried dDo in both PS CC 14.2.1 x64 and PS CC 2014.1.0 summer edition, and out of these two I experience no frequent crashes in the summer edition. But in 14.2.1 dDo crashes every single time when creating a new project. This applies to both my own assets as well as the sample AK74S (I´ve tried creating a new project using the AK74S mesh and input maps).

In the summer edition, I´ve gotten a single crash here and there (such as with the dynamask editor) - but it´s nothing that I can classify as "consistent". Overall the latest dDo +summer edition CC 2014 is the most stable combo I´ve tried so far.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    And now this issue is back.
    I´ve worked on my project for little over 24 hours now only having a single crash here and there, but now this problem has come back. Every single time I create a smart material, the suite will crash and generate the 0x80042260 error.

Win 8.1 x64
    Photoshop CC 2014.1.0 Summer edition
    Latest dDo
    Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042260): General Photoshop error has occured.
    When: Every single time I create a smart material.

It´s very interesting that it appeared out of the blue. I was creating rusted galvanized metal, then deleting the metal, and creating another one when this appeared. BUT, it only applies to this project - new projects does not generate this error. So dDo has somehow corrupted my project and I will have to start over from scratch again.

And this is where my patience ends. I cannot use software that acts like it´s still in the alpha -stage. My project is now on hold till you release a new version.
  • Eric Ramberg
    The project that crashes, does it have a lot of materials? could you zip it and post it somewhere so I could download it and have a look?
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I´ll send you a PM with a download link!
  • Eric Ramberg
    So I looked at your model, first of all everything looked very good! All them maps where properly created and the mesh was tidy, and very cool as well!

I created a project and there is nothing wrong with your input files. I tried to throw a lot of materials in there, nothing crashed, I tried creating the rusty galvanized metal as well and retrace your steps but noting happened. So that leads me to believe that DDO somehow corrupted your project specifically :/ Very sorry about this, good thing is that you can save all your materials you created so far, so at least all your work is not wasted.

For us to find this bug and remove it in future releases is there any more information about this you could give? Did you do anything different on this project compared to others, does it happen with both base materials and smart materials? Are you sure that the scratchdisks or diskspace isn´t low, anything you can think of is much appreciated!