Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

USSR Otshel'nik

Hey all.

I designed a fictional underwater mobile science station on paper for school, and decided to fill my free time with modeling the thing in 3d.

Here are the results!

[sketchfab]d600bffc54df4e69b8f6de45d24b4aa1[/sketchfab]

z0gBpzp.jpg
bNog711.jpg
zzDiHjn.jpg
NCmHqia.jpg

What do you think?

Replies

• james swanson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    james swanson polycounter lvl 5
    This is pretty interesting, though I think you should brighten then scene a bit as it's hard to see the details in most of the shots. However, if you want to leave it dark since it'd probably sitting next to the kraken 10000 ft below the surface, you could instead add some light coming from the inside. This would light your scene while also selling that it's deep underwater. I'd do like a yellow incandescent light. Adding lights to the outside would also help, I think.

disp_6715.jpg

Making the outside lights blueish would give the outside a very cold feel while making the inside seem warm.

Looking good though, keep it up!
  • Stabberthomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Modelsheet:

MpVzsc7.jpg

Wireframe:

PAvtRPu.jpg
  • Stabberthomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll give that a go mr. Swanson, see what I can make of it.
  • Stabberthomas
  • james swanson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    james swanson polycounter lvl 5
    Nice! I think that's a big improvement. One thing I didn't see earlier is that the scale seems very small. Is this supposed to be a large submarine, for multiple people? If so, I'd make the surrounding environment much smaller so that the ship appears much larger relative to the environment. If it's supposed to be really small, then I'd maybe only have one window. Right now it's hard to tell actually how big the ship is.

Also, I never asked what sort of platform you're developing this for. Right now it appears to be designed for a low poly, stylized game like WoW. If that's your art direction then you're doing a good job.
  • Stabberthomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks. The scale is not too big actually, it'll fit about 2-3 people. I think I might have scaled the environment a bit too small then, you're right. Something I'll keep in mind for my next project. The style is not supposed to be too stylized, but definitely not realistic. Not WoW level, maybe more source-engine type stuff? Not too sure, didn't assign a specific styleguide. I'll try that for my next project too.