Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Bek wrote: »
    One thing I was curious about was the hallway with all the zombies in the sleeping bags. They obviously all died somehow — and it looked like each sleeping bag had a blood stain in the middle somewhere. Did someone murder them in their sleep? If so, why did they want them to turn? Or were they unaware that would happen? How long had they been there, or, is it suspicious that the guy Beth escaped with turned up at that exact spot? I assume he was just following Carol etc, and they zombies didn't look very fresh sooo...

Much of this was answered in the Talking Dead. The people in the air bridge, were killed in their sleep. My guess is, someone wanted to steal their supplies.
    As for Noah, the actor said, he saw Daryl and Carol, when they were walking through the parking garage. It was just an accidental crossing of paths, because Noah was there using the place for shelter. He was in the garage, looking for supplies.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    What the heck was that?

Talk about your filler episodes.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Anyone else feel like this season started off strong then got real boring
  • RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    I think they made this episode like this to create more contrast with the mid-season finale.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    That one cop fooled me completely.
    Maybe I'm just really gullible. I should have seen it, but I thought the way he carried himself and acted his lines was pretty darn good.
    It wasn't until the final scene where the cinematography changed, but by then .. it was too late.

Also thought, for just a split moment, that they were going to kill off Daryl during the kidnapping struggle.

It was a slower episode, I'll give you that, but I enjoyed it
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    I agree his acting was convincing; I was still thinking she could've handled the situation better though. Either by not caring about his stupid shit or asking him to stand further away while she took the shot. Or whatever.
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Ugh...When she's standing at the window with him behind her, total cringe moment.

This is what stops Walking Dead from joining the ranks of better shows; the characters constantly make dumb decisions. They tend to make really unbelievable choices.

Still a fun watch though. I really enjoyed the rotters on the pavement! Great VFX, some of the best in the series in my opinion.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I wasn't too surprised. Anyone outside of the main group that is overly nice is always a doucher.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    LRoy wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like this season started off strong then got real boring

fixed it for ya ;)

"Anyone else feel like this series started off strong then got real boring"
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Every show needs some Red shirts.........
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    half decent episode if it was a regular episode but nothing special considering it was a mid-season finale

legit question, did the sniper girl have past military experience or training? or did the skills and knowledge of the weapon like adjusting it to the wind speed come out of no where?
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Nice episode, good way to conclude the mid-season.

This season has been well-paced, there weren't any long stretches where I felt like they needed to get on with it, and there weren't any character voids where I felt like they weren't taking time to develop. Nice balance. Looking forward to the second half.

Also the end was pretty heartbreaking.
  • Stirls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    Agreed. Made me so sad. Definitely a very tense episode. Plus, all of those correctly used dutch angles... hnnng
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Did not see that coming, at all. Totally thought the other one was going to bite the dust.
  • Higuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Higuy polycounter lvl 9
    Definitely sad, was just starting to really like her, seems whenever a character is getting good they just kill them off :\

Overall this season has been good and definitely much better paced and well thought out then past seasons.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was pretty pissed, because I made the mistake of checking facebook, while watching the recording (I usually give a buffer, so I can fwd all the excessive commercials). The Walking Dead Facebook page posted this (with the caption "RIP Beth"): 10414458_1097679706924853_3617929860708021840_n.jpg?oh=c490e52a90ce15031e98b86d44363375&oe=551E38A7&__gda__=1426719312_15bbbd278dbb6f8e05ccf65208a0918f

Fucking thanks TWD FB page, for spoiling something before it's even aired in other timezones. I know it's generally a good idea to avoid social media, until I've watched the show, but my friends (and myself) know to keep things cryptic, for main posts.

I liked the episode, but didn't feel like there was much exceptional about it, other than the shock of Beth. Since none of this was in the comics, it would have been a pretty shocking moment for myself too.

The Rick car scene, at the start, made me LOL too. Only because I expected a love tap, not a full on blazing into the guy.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First 2 minutes....run, run, run, scratch, scratch, scratch,run, run, run, scratch, scratch, scratch,run, run, run, scratch, scratch, scratch...

And then "Shut Up"....Bang.

That's when I started watching.

Good episode. I thought the wind sock was going to lead into something else, but in typical TWD form, it was a wasted filler scene.

Dawn was either a good liar or a someone with dual personalities. I get the whole weakness in the face of others thing, but it really seemed like she was willing to push that one button too many.

I sort of wished that after that scene, both sides would have opened up on each other.

Also as someone else pointed out, why didn't Maggie show some sort of feeling of loss earlier? It's like "Oh yeah, I accept Beth is missing and probably dead" to "She's alive??Really?...and then What? She's dead???"

Breakdown.

Also, it's interesting how they gave Emily Kinney alot more screentime before killing off her character...that's pretty classy of the creators.

Sure doesn't have a great deal of continuity, but I'll keep watching the show anyway.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Finally caught up. Was out of town on vacay and fell behind.

Why did Beth stab Dawn? What did she understand? Perhaps I missed something, but Beth just seemed smarter than to stab a chick she knows wouldn't hesitate to put damage to her. Two stitched-up gashes told the tale. She could have easily said what she said then walked away, and lived. What was it about Dawn that caused her to risk it all?

This is my favorite season since #1. Some things that are stupid but embracing the comic book story is gold. Just this one missing puzzle piece...
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    This is my favorite season since #1.

yup. more blood, more twists (at least if you don't know the comic), and Rick being more bad-ass rather than psycho wreck... nice!

And while I can't wait for the next episodes, I'm happy there's not too much of annoying cliff hanger.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Finally caught up. Was out of town on vacay and fell behind.

Why did Beth stab Dawn? What did she understand? Perhaps I missed something, but Beth just seemed smarter than to stab a chick she knows wouldn't hesitate to put damage to her. Two stitched-up gashes told the tale. She could have easily said what she said then walked away, and lived. What was it about Dawn that caused her to risk it all?

This is my favorite season since #1. Some things that are stupid but embracing the comic book story is gold. Just this one missing puzzle piece...

Reddit consensuses say she did it remove the main problem of the abused residents of the hospital. Instead Dawn had a knee-jerk reaction and shot beth.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Ah, I see. Watched it again today and paid closer attention to the conversations. Looks as if Beth saw the final transformation into "another Hansen" and understood Dawn as a tyrant at that instant. Changing the deal to look tough and all. She couldn't let her have Noah back. Still is weak sauce imo. Whatever.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More Zombies?
    :icon60: no complaints here

I'm not familiar with the Director, but I heard community and hell on wheels were good shows
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes...you beat me to it...

I'm going to go ahead and say it.....I think it will fail.

By the time TWD is finished, people will have a been there-done that attitude. I really hope I am wrong, but there is something about seeing Rick wake up in a hospital with a WTF start on life and moving through seeing what has happened.

Since we already know what has happened, how can they do any sort of interesting build-up?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I'd be interested in seeing a story that takes place during the initial few weeks that Rick was out of it. Sort of like the opening chapters of WWZ.
  • JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    I think the spinoff/companion series could be good, but it certainly feels like they're going to oversaturate what good vibes they already have going.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    yeah I'm thinking they're spreading the series too thin. They already did that when they fired Frank Darabont, who apparently wanted quality over quantity (higher budget fewer episodes). At this rate people might just get tired of the whole barely surviving zombie apocalypse routine.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep.
    I'd even like to see them take it one step further by creating an intense cliffhanger

The conflict reaches a boiling point. Beth stabs Dawn.. dawn fires off a shot. *EVERYBODY Scatters*
    I think it'd be important to keep them both alive but seriously injured, and have a parellel cinematography showing the decline of both of them as they reach for freedom.

It'd be at this point that they realize they're trapped & surrounded. Resulting in the other half of their crew coming in to save the day at the last posible momment.

.. anyways, that's just how I'd like to have seen things go down.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a petition to bring Beth back. She's not in the ground, so anything could happen...

https://www.change.org/p/the-walking-dead-bring-beth-back/share
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    36 thousand signatures... glad we're petitioning important shit.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    katana wrote: »
    Here's a petition to bring Beth back. She's not in the ground, so anything could happen...

https://www.change.org/p/the-walking-dead-bring-beth-back/share

She's not in the ground but her brains got blown out (sorry that was terrible). Characters have to die at some point and I don't know why people have to start petitions just because they don't like it. Must move on.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blazed wrote: »
    I know it will never happen because that's how predictable it is, but I say kill Daryl next, nothing will make me happier than his fan base be all like this:

xUej5KU.jpg

hahahaha that would be amazing
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just thought it was interesting that someone would go to the trouble of putting something like that up, but yea, when there was the news that someone important was going to die, my first thought was Daryl.

Reedus went from being a support actor when the show first started to being the torch bearer. I'm pretty sure he's fielding some other offers by now....

Rick would be a good one to knock off at this point, he's getting more and more bloodthirsty by the minute...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To be honest more important characters need to die! like GoT style. Beth was to be honest a sideline character for the most part, Walking dead either kill sideline characters, fan hated characters, or villains it's so predictable. They need to grow some balls.

Shane, Lori, and Hershel? Do you consider all these 'sideline' characters? I think you just want to see Daryl go down. They've already killed more than anyone would have, in any other show. I must have missed where you predicted Beth was about to die :P
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Negan Negan Negan!
  • JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    notman wrote: »
    Shane, Lori, and Hershel? Do you consider all these 'sideline' characters? I think you just want to see Daryl go down. They've already killed more than anyone would have, in any other show. I must have missed where you predicted Beth was about to die :P

+ Dale, Andrea, Merle, whatever others. I don't think AMC would let them kill Daryl tbh, or would push pretty hard against it, given how much money he's making for them. That being said, the cast is pretty damn big nowadays. They should take out Carl before he starts looking like a college student playing a 13 year old boy.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should spoiler tag your comic spoiler there, about
    Glen
    Honestly, if you've read the comics, then nothing is going to shock you. They'd never kill Rick or Carl.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    I liked Hershel's development. His personal story arc was very interesting to me.

It's the baby. The baby must die. It has to happen, right?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only read parts of the comic books, also the comics are way off from the TV series so it's not really a spoiler. It's also old news for the comic fans.

Yes, it's old news for comic fans, but not everyone in here has read the comics. The TV series has been very close to the comics, this season, and has been getting closer every season. I wouldn't be surprised if that event still happens. But if you want to ruin it for people, by all means, keep it there.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think that mentioning a character's name is a 'spoiler', but I've updated my post. Unfortunately, you've quoted it, which does not get updated.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wouldn't be surprised if the baby doesn't last much longer, she barely makes an appearance as is and when she does is done really poorly like the selective crying at the worse times.

And the obvious fake baby they had strapped to Michonne's back while she was battle to get out of the church, you think the first thing she would do is hand her off to someone else and then swing away but naaaa lets keep this infant bouncing around on her back

...come to think of it, I don't know if I ever really took notice to her name :/
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the baby can die, with Carl dying trying to protect her...

Rick needs another push over the edge.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carl's scenes do kind of seem forced and boring, and I was just starting to like Rick now that he is more business and less crying
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They are already throwing up info and possibly spoilers on the rest of the season.

Read at your own risk!!

I didn't....fyi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/12/huge-change-walking-dead_n_6314948.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    I just don't see how they can believably get past infancy, then toddler, and so on. Hard to believe she will ever be able to grow up. Seems like a matter of time. If it happens, I believe it will have to happen soon. Even harder to believe the writers will have us watch this baby grow for a really long time only to die later.

On top of that, the longer Judith is around, the longer she eats at the reality of the show. CandyStripes mentioned the silly fight scene and selective crying. I imagine these people just keep drugging that poor child over and over to keep her calm and quiet. They don't have breast milk, formula, or even a way to puree baby food. These things eat all the friggin time, I've learned. For christ sake, no one has ever washed a bottle it seems. disease, malnutrition, diapers, etc... it just keeps getting more ridiculous. Realize Walking Dead isn't exactly grounded in realism (lol) but the baby has to die to keep from sacrificing more believability.

Man, I'm a terrible person...

Katana, that article supports our theory that one (or a few) main characters are going to bite the dust. Who is it going to beeee?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They've actually shown, several times, them finding formula. I think for that very reason; to help make thing believable. But yeah, overall, I don't think they would have found enough, and still carry around as little as they are.

I said it pages ago, they should have killed her off. She didn't survive the prison, in the comics, and when they had the one shot, with the empty baby carrier, I thought it was a perfect way to show it (as opposed to the comics, where a bullet goes through her).
    She is just used as a plot device, which was my concern, from the start. She never cries, unless it's convenient for the scene. I really hate that they didn't have the balls to end her at the prison.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Ah I do remember them getting formula now, but only once right? I think a quick scene of someone gumming food into a paste and feeding her or something would go a long way.

I remember when you said that after the groups came together post Gov raid. And I agree they could have gotten Judith's death handled in a tolerable way with the bloody carrier. Then some people could hold out hope but it wouldn't necessarily be a plot device ya know? They could have even brought her back later in the show w some BS story about someone picking her up and making off or something.

With what happened between Carol and the psycho girl, the show has gotten ballsier since the prison siege... I believe something could happen now.

I also believe Tyrese is approaching his end.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I also believe Tyrese is approaching his end.

I agree, though I've been pretty disappointed with his character, so far. He's too much of a pacifist, especially compared to his comic book version. He was a true badass, in the comics. On TV, I just keep wanting him to nut up.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is nothing spoiler about my statement. Stop trying to turn this into something else. This discussing has already taken place, in the past. Things, from the comics, that have already taken place, in the show, are not spoilers.
    Your emphasis, on my statement, is what makes my statement a spoiler. It was not to imply his death, and is not likely to be taken that way, if you haven't read the comics.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As I stated, this discussion has already been done, many pages ago. I'm not a 'guru', I'm just stated what others have already discussed/requested. I courteously tried to make you aware of it, and you acted like a spoiled little asshole. Go fuck yourself, and state whatever you want. I've read the comics, so you aren't spoiling anything for me. I was just trying to help protect others from spoilers. You clearly think that it's safe to assume everyone will have read the comics, or that there is no longer a correlation (when there very much is). I'm done with this conversation