Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ARTOFKEE's Sketchbook

Hey guys!

So this is my personal sketchbook in which I will be posting my work. Please feel free to give me some feedback. Would really appreciate it.

Will probably update this introduction later. Maybe...

Replies

• artofkee
    Currently, I am working on a project with another person. I am in charge of the characters. If you'd like to know about it, and also follow the environment updates, please head to the thread here: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142827

Here's an ex-con psycho I'm working on:
    (C&C are very welcome!)

lpwfvYi.jpg

EOFZxI1.jpg
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    Those cloth folds are looking pretty nice. Do you have a concept or mood board that you can provide us to compare your 3d WIP to? What is the background of this character? What kind of game is it?
  • artofkee
    Those cloth folds are looking pretty nice. Do you have a concept or mood board that you can provide us to compare your 3d WIP to? What is the background of this character? What kind of game is it?

Oh hello, (:

I will edit my first post in a bit and add some background to the characters. Hehe. And yeah I will post some moodboards too. Thanks!

~~~~~~

Also, just a quick WIP of the other character. I got a bit bored of the retopology of the old man. I only have his hands and shoes to do but I wanted a break and did the main character. Please feel free to give me some crit.

Yfryt8K.jpg
  • artofkee
    Edited the body mostly. Also the arms as they were horrendous. Maybe they still are lol. Not sure. The hands are still not there yet and many, many other things lol.

Feedback very welcome!

kh1GDnR.jpg
  • artofkee
    Hi guys,

It’s been such a long time since the last update. Deadlines and broken computer happened. So I spent a month trying to catch up. Still a bit behind but hopefully getting there.

Anyway, here is another WIP of my antagonist. He is pretty much done in terms of topology (time is ticking DX). But I would still appreciate feedback! I still have two more characters to go after all. So it would be great to know what I can improve on for the next one!

He has basic skin texture atm and his clothes are basic solid colours. Will texture him at a later date.

9jElf8l.jpg

tT7HcBI.jpg

4gV27pv.jpg
  • artofkee
    Worked on my main character some more. Still got lots to do. >_<

TfwlBmj.jpg
  • artofkee
    Some slow progress on the hero. I have completed the high poly and have also completed the low poly! yay! Now, just arranging the UV layouts. :3 She is currently sitting at 33k. After this, I will bake and give it to the rigger and move on to the third character. I will be using Marvellous Designer for it, for practice and speed purposes!

dMIwoz8.jpg
    bWuoBJQ.jpg
    VfK68m2.jpg
  • artofkee
    Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while. This is what I've been up to recently. Feedback welcome.

Pz0kYlf.jpg
  • Grubber
    Offline / Send Message
    Grubber polycounter lvl 14
    Nice! Can you actually close it?
  • artofkee
    Grubber wrote: »
    Nice! Can you actually close it?

Thanks! & um. I don't think so. When I gathered references, I came across several websites with how to make this chair. I guess it's to put an old suitcase to use.
  • artofkee
    Hey guys,
    This is the low poly of my vintage suitcase sofa.
    It's almost complete. I just have a few bits and bobs to do with the texturing then I will post the final renders soon! For now, here's how the bake turned out.

7up4NwO.jpg

Kezj8Eu.jpg
  • artofkee
    Hey guys, so I've received feedback that the polys on the cushion is a bit too high. I initially did it on purpose so that the silhouette looks good in my portfolio but it seems I went a bit overboard lol.

I'll try and avoid such mistake next time!

But for now, here is the finished piece!

6SiBkRX.jpg

JRblda8.jpg