Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hunter

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
Hey everybody !

Here's the character i'm working on those days. It's based on a drawing by the very talented Mex :

sniper_by_sidxartxa-d4uuh6p.jpg

Right now I've got the High poly
:
BbS0EdG.png

JOxzkzT.png

Nuy0xAH.png

My final goal is to make a real-time character with NPR shaders to copy the look of the original sketch...still a long way to go :poly121:
C&C are wecome !

Replies

• slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    So, it's hard to tell but is this all modeled or is there some sculpting? Would definitely be good to go in and sculpt folds on all the cloth, perhaps some nice damage on the hard surface items, and anatomy of course.
  • ZippZopp
    Offline / Send Message
    ZippZopp polycounter lvl 12
    i think it is a great start. one thing i'd like to see is some slight changes to the face proportions. the face feels a bit smaller in the concept which is a cool look. I think your head is a little bit too big overall and is making him look more child like in proportion. I'd also shorten the distance between the mouth and the eyes, maybe just pull the entire eye socket area down a little bit.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    wow, thats really cool, love how you translated the style into 3D.
  • Yadoob
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
    is this all modeled or is there some sculpting?
    Well, I used Blender with poly modeling (for the hard surface), sculpting in multi res (for the clothes and folds) or sculpting with dyntopo+retopo (for the head).

Yes, folds on the jacket would be a nice addition but I would like to keep it simple and super clean. I'll try several versions with more or less details. What do you mean by anatomy ?

@Zippzopp thank you for the feedback ! I'll try your propositions

@lotet thanks ;)
  • Yadoob
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
    Hey, quick post with some news :

So I finished my low poly and my real-time shader (only for Blender right now but I'll move it to Unreal or Unity if I can) :

DbjL6zx.png?1
    GhKfksb.png?1
    DSuGJL2.png?2