Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Guy 3D (concept by Hethe Srodawa)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
TomDelboo polycounter lvl 6
Hey All,

Started back at working on this concept from Hethe Srodawa.
This personal project was inactive for some months.
But not getting selected, for the mentorship from Seth (five year topic), was a good incentive to get back at this project.

So here is the concept:
Hethe_Srodawa_03a.jpg

And here are som shots on what I have atm.
Feedback and Crits are very welcome!

render9.jpg

render7.jpg

render8.jpg

Replies

• TomDelboo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    started on the weapon kinda thinghy. :)

untitled26and27.jpg
  • Itholon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Itholon polycounter lvl 7
    Looks pretty awesome! Except for me it looks like the leg is mechanical in the concept.
  • TomDelboo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you mean that his legs are mechanical? Or do you mean the weapon on the orange renders.
    If you are talking about the orange. That's just a standard material in keyshot. So isn't textured yet
  • Valkarai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking really great so far. Only thing that bothers me is his calves and feet. I know in the concept these are extremely skinny but it also looks like his thighs might be less "beefy" in the concept than you have interpreted. I don't think it really matters for this but i thought I should try to give some constructive criticism.

Anyway, keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing this all finished.
  • Bao92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bao92 polycounter lvl 9
    looking good so far! cant wait to see more :D
  • skodone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    i think its incredible how nice you nailed his face!
  • apllana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apllana polycounter lvl 8
    I think the legs should be a little thinner and the kneecaps a bit bigger. Other than that it looks pretty nice!
  • Ahoburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty cool so far :) But, I think his nose should be smaller and more beak-like, like on the concept art.
  • TomDelboo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Valkarai, your point on the thighs is really helpful, because all the gear around it will only add to the beefy-ness. So I will make sure to make his thighs somewhat smaller.
    About the calves and feet, they are indeed the weakest and most rushed bits of the sculpt. I will see what I can improve there together with the feedback from the others.
    And Thanks, I do hope so to get this finished. Because the pile of unfinished projects is only growing.

@ Bao92, thanks, comments like this can make my day any day :)

@ skodone: Yeah I kept on going back to the face while I was working on the body etc... So I`m glad you like it! But like Ahoburg says about the nose, they are different. But I explain why down here.
    Btw atm the face is still symmetrical, I tend to put some asymmetrical features in there later on. And thanks for your comment ;)

@apllana: Thanx for the feedback. Getting those legs thin and still feel realistic has proven to be not the easiest part. But I will see if I can push it a bit more. Also when adding the protective gear for the knees will probably help for the contour and thin/thick ratio (atm it`s just a masked area)

@Ahoburg: Thank you for taking the time to spot this. However I`ve tried the more beak-like nose. But it didn`t work in profile. So I`ve opted for a somewhat different nose.
    Hethe has some other sketches made before this paint. (see down :) )
    I chose to make the nose more like the second guy on there.
    I hope that I made the right decision here. Or do you still think I should try further on the more beak-like nose?
    Thanks again for your feedback :)
    character_sketches.jpg
  • Itholon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Itholon polycounter lvl 7
    TomDelboo wrote: »
    Do you mean that his legs are mechanical? Or do you mean the weapon on the orange renders.
    If you are talking about the orange. That's just a standard material in keyshot. So isn't textured yet

I thought his legs in the concepts are mechanical, like augmentations or such. But now I see it is in fact the heavy stylization of the character.
  • TomDelboo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Itholon. Ah I see. that's solved than :)

here is a little update. Still WIP of course
    untitled32.jpg