Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    just pre-ordered my PS4 copy to get into the beta im a horrible person :P
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    It's probably going to be one of those titles I put on my list of games to get when I eventually buy a next-gen console.

It does look cool though, but to be honest I wish Bungie was still making Halo. Halo 4 just felt too different for me to really enjoy.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGcfiocfaAc

NEw gameplay.

Ok. Could anyway explain reason why in the hell gun takes about 1/3 of screen space ?
    Guys I have hold few guns in real life, and they hardly take this much of my view...
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    A strong case of the "gun has to come from the bottom right corner of the screen, even if that doesn't make sense on widerscreen displays" disease, combined with the trademark Bungie vertically off-center reticle :)

snip_zps84d8a8f0.jpg~original

I agree, I don't see a good reason to do this, as it makes most guns feel like shoulder-mounted rocket launchers ...

Anyways - I think my biggest gripe would be the "ambient yet epic" music used during gameplay. It reminds of the kind of filler music used in some anime series in order to stretch out content lacking in terms of actual action or story beats. I think the gameplay would look better (or at least, truer to itself) without any music at all.

Not sure what to think of the mini cutscenes and the voiceover telling what's going on, instead of the *game* showing what's going on. Still very curious about it all tho, I am liking the rich yet readable visuals so far. I hope they'll manage to pull off the otherworldly future+medieval Star Wars feel hinted at by the early concept art. Might need more swords for that !

Also - someone please tell AAA video game writers that one doesn't immediately stop delivering a sentence when interrupted - especially if interrupted by a huge emergency. "Looks like the entire system is wired to a -". Nope ! More like : "Looks like the entire system is wired to A FREAKING BOMB !!!"

Loving the little polygonal Bit drone. Cool stuff :)
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    Or maybe because loot aka guns are the stars of the show ? :D
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The guns look really good, I kinda like the low vertical aim, it means you'll be looking more at the environment instead of the floor. Getting a Boarderland's vibe.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Yeah I think that's the theory behind it - it was used in the previous Halo games too, and it does make screenshots look more movie-like for sure. But in practice I don't think it's a necessity at all, as shown clearly by Titanfall which has much more vertical movement going on yet doesn't need any of that. If anything, ironically, I feel like the off-center horizon suggests more of a ground-level gameplay despite showing more sky space on screen.

But, no way to really know before playing it :)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    this is one of the only games Im really looking forward to on ps4. I just hope it doesnt feel like borderlands when you play it, I was really disappointed by borderlands 1 and 2 gunplay, very little power and punch to the weapons and enemy hit animations. I hope it feels like halo or rage and has really solid weapons.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    looks really nice and im hopefuly. A few of the hands on preivews seemed a little meh on it unfortunatley, basically saying its like halo and doesnt do much new. looks like its going to be fun to play with friends though!
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    looks really nice and im hopefuly. A few of the hands on preivews seemed a little meh on it unfortunatley, basically saying its like halo and doesnt do much new. looks like its going to be fun to play with friends though!

True, I’ve been reading the same but when you look at the larger picture those journalist only played part of one 'dungeon' or what have you over and over. I suspect there is ALOT they are holding back on and maybe they will share come E3.

But they go on about saying it plays like Halo.... what’s wrong with Halo's mechanics? To me they are pretty solid and a great foundation. They are just being picky for the sake of it.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Eh, I'm not sold on this at all. The gameplay just looks so boring.

I keep hearing that it plays like Halo, but I'm not really seeing it. In fact, I would love if it did play like Halo, since when it comes to moment-to-moment FPS gameplay, Halo:CE is still unbeatable. I'm not really excited about the loot stuff either, since that would prevent the kind of tight weapon balance that Bungie is known for. Overall, I'm just seeing Borderlands without all the internet memes. :poly142:
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Looks cool. I was way hyped for Borderlands 1 and 2, but the gameplay was just so bland and the games turned into big dissapointments for me. However I really like the mechanics of the Halo series, so this looks like a good blend between the two.

Should be a fun time.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The weapon feedback looks a lot like Halo which is a great thing, but I'm a bit concerned on balance. Halo multiplayer worked because of how simple it was, but this looks a lot more complex in many ways, which could be a good or bad thing.

The environmental art is incredible too!
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    This feels like a pillow fight rather than a war
    But the narrator at the start?
    Jason_Lock.jpg
    Good pick
  • Jeremy Mitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Mitchell polycounter lvl 6
    I love the concept design in this game. Really really good stuff.

watching folks play the game itself, looks kind of boring :\. I've been pretty hyped on it from the art but I'm less excited after seeing an hour or two of the alpha.
  • weee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weee polycounter lvl 3
    from what i see, the main gripe is the shooting mechanism, just dont feel it
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    shotgun wrote: »
    This feels like a pillow fight rather than a war
    But the narrator at the start?
    Jason_Lock.jpg
    Good pick

sounds more like Lance Reddick

LanceReddick_Fringe_560x330.jpg

Don't have a ps4, but look forward to playing this after it's out, and when i get one eventually. Was a little surprised watching that new video how much it was like Halo, from the melee hit, floaty jumping, zoom feel, knifethrow/grenade toss. Looked slightly unrewarding to play, but the super moves looked really cool. Kinda would prefer more aggressive hit effects on enemies.

love all the design in the game though, from character to gfx. looks great!!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    It's always interesting to see the difference between peoples' speculation and their actual experience when playing the game, myself included!

Some games I've been hyped for and it sucked, some I wasn't expecting much and it was awesome.

I'm no Bungie spokesperson so don't take what I say as some revelation to Destiny.

You gotta wait to try it out :)!

I can say that it is a fun game, especially with friends.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can say that it is a fun game, especially with friends.

Even biggest pile of crap can be fun with friends.
    It's not argument, that will sell your game.

In anycase I'm not really interested unless it come to PC.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I'm really really hoping this will have decent, full splitscreen on PS4. I want to play this with my girlfriend and not have to buy another PS4 and game for just that...
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Looks really interesting, I can see the "Halo" in it. Unfortunately, I haven't played a Halo game for years since they didn't come to the PC. Similarly, I won't be picking this up unless it's for the PC. :(
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Xoliul wrote: »
    I'm really really hoping this will have decent, full splitscreen on PS4. I want to play this with my girlfriend and not have to buy another PS4 and game for just that...

I couldn't agree more. There are so many games I would have loved to be splitscreen last gen. Let's see if this gen we start to see more split screen.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'm really unimpressed, with the gameplay, at the moment. I'm still reserving final judgement until E3, where I suspect they'll really ramp it up. If I don't start getting impressed there, then it's going to take friends convincing me, to buy it.

A couple of the issues I had: first, I'm not a big fan of Halo, and I really thought they were adimit that this wasn't going to be another halo game, yet it does not look like they took the opportunity to really distinguish Destiny from Halo. But looking past that, watching this gameplay, it looked extremely slow and boring.
    To top things off, the AI looked like the dumbest AI I've seen in a while. There are moments where the player is just standing there, in the open, reloading the weapon, and the AI just stands there, waiting to die. I hope this is some 'super easy' mode.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    moose wrote: »
    sounds more like Lance Reddick

It is Lance. Watched too much fringe to forget his voice.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I think the problem with what they showed was it was nothing new, nothing different. It was none of the things they keep hyping up about Destiny that is suppose to make it great and different.

What they showed was typical gorgeous looking Bungie shooter game play with re-branded Halo armor abilities. I'm not saying this is bad in anyway, but all the things they keep talking about like the Tower Hub area, all the loot, raids, the customizable characters are not shown. These are the new things Destiny is suppose to bring and as it stands now, we still havent seen any of it.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Autocon wrote: »
    I think the problem with what they showed was it was nothing new, nothing different. It was none of the things they keep hyping up about Destiny that is suppose to make it great and different.

What they showed was typical gorgeous looking Bungie shooter game play with re-branded Halo armor abilities. I'm not saying this is bad in anyway, but all the things they keep talking about like the Tower Hub area, all the loot, raids, the customizable characters are not shown. These are the new things Destiny is suppose to bring and as it stands now, we still havent seen any of it.

This sums up my ho hum response also.

This was standard, but essential, gameplay of the game. I will need to see a bit more of the broad scope of the game before I can get hyped.
  • rogelio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rogelio greentooth
    I like the art direction I like the feel of the universe. The gameplay is just so boring to watch. Where is the intensity like in games like Quake, UT, or even Titan Fall. Everything feels floaty even walking feels sluggish.

I agree the AI is horrible walk walk stand in middle get killed wtf... Even quake user made bots were better. This is so not hardcore it is a boring kid game dressed up with AAA badass Art.

I am really underwhelmed with this game so far.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll admit the gameplay did seem boring, but it seems more like that is due to the player who is trying to make it seem more "cinematic" rather than playing like normal person would.

I'd imagine on a hard difficulty with some friends who are actively communicating with each other, it could be a ton of fun, sort of like Halo on Legendary mode which is pretty intense all the time in my opinion.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Here's some people playing the alpha! Looks alright but I hope the announcer voice is placeholder : P

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Druf-z_SU[/ame]
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know... I'm absolutely pumped for this and I generally dis-liked the Halo series... Destiny just looks so pretty, I needs it!
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    I have played it, and I played the shit out of it. I am so sold on a day 1 release buy, and haven't been this excited in a while. One gripe though, I feel the game isn't as grand and expansive as they say. The make it seem like its this HUGE world, with awesomely large cities, huge zones, etc, but everything kind of feels like they could have absolutely taken the whole thing to such a bigger scale. It feels almost cramped, everything bottle necked for mini zone/area reasons, my guess is for performance. Though the amount of content I have been able to touch was very limited and one of the starting zones, so, so far my hopes are high. The game play is fun, the game play is super smooth, and its just everything I want/need in a Sci Fi release. As much as it is like Halo, I feel the game play is very close to a mix between twitch shooters like CoD and the "heaviness" of Halo, in the best way possible.

TL;DR The multiplayer is the Fcking tits. Hats off to them bringing back the MP that everyone loved from Halo 2 and 3.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Add3r wrote: »
    It feels almost cramped, everything bottle necked for mini zone/area reasons, my guess is for performance.

It's a previous gen console game. It was always going to be strongly limited by the capability of the 360 and the Ps3.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Played the Alpha, based on the trailers I don't think Bungie knows how to really market this game well at all. Its good fun and the more you play, the more addictive it becomes to keep wanting to get better and better. The trailers I could never really tell what the game is and it didnt seem that fun from the videos.

They should just call it what it is; an FPS MMO that you can play alone. All previews and videos have made what the game is so convoluted since they don't want to say the word MMO so they make up a bunch of shit to skate around saying MMO.

The game has a lot of potential and I think if they keep updating the game it will get better and better.

Things I didnt like, your like super ability takes SO long till you get to use it. I would rather get to be able to use that ability like every 30 to 60 seconds and have it less powerful. Right now it feels like ages before you can use it and which is a shame as there a ton of fun and honestly dont feel that powerful at all. They feel like Halo Reach ability's. Because without it, your stuck to just shooting a gun for a long time.

Edit: Also the AI seemed rather dumb, which is odd as I always thought Bungie did great AI. I also dont like the enemies that much, there all the same in terms of look and what they do. Where are the very unique looking/distinct classes of the Covenant from Halo? Halo had great classes, Brutes, Jackles, Grunts, Elites..All played SO differently. Even the powerful versions of one faction of enemies just feel like they are wearing a cape with more health :/
  • nathdevlin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathdevlin polycounter lvl 12
    I've just hit the Alpha's level cap and played the strike mission, it was a right slog.
    I felt like I've earned the win though after two 30 min boss fights amongst over an hour of gameplay during this mission. I'm curious to see the larger features missing from the Alpha.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    got my alpha code cant wait to go play it tonight :D

Edit:

After playing for a few hours i can honestly say i am super happy i pre-ordered this game, im shocked its lived up to the hype for me :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Woot! got an alpha key. Gonna be playin once i get home from work.
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Hermit wrote: »
    Destiny seems to perfectly demonstrate all the strenghts and weaknesses of Bungie.
    - Potentially amazing game universe
    - Brilliant art direction
    - Impressive technologies and online features
    - Great enemies
    - Average controls, gameplay and level design

Basically, the art direction and artists are top notch.

It's the game designer's fault if the game sucks...like alot of other games...

edit: Ok so the game stands up after all. sorry for the hasty judgement..
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    i am having a blast so far with this. just preordered it.

love teh game in general, its fun to explore and the enemies. Playing with other people really is fun,or running into people and helping them out. Lots of potential here. Looking forward to more loot, more xp, more skills and more areas to explore.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    This game is great, I drank the kool aid. I must have this yesterday. Will buy all of the things.
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Don't have a key but watched the Alpha review on Gameinformer and gotta say, that i feel interested...would be more interested if the game would offer Splitscreen on PC, which is a big deal for me since i prefer to play with my brother(s) than strangers. Probably could get it to work the same way i did Borderlands 2, still through, Splitscreen would be fantastic :(
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Anchang, you realise it's not on PC, right?
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah just did don't know why i didn't before :D there were so many alphas started kinda forgot which were on PC...i guess Battlefield is on PC...yeah fuck messed that one up^^.
  • weee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weee polycounter lvl 3
    one thing i dont get is why they bother to create another franchise which is so close to Halo?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    weee wrote: »
    one thing i dont get is why they bother to create another franchise which is so close to Halo?

Halo is completely owned by Microsoft, they no longer wanted to working for them. Marathon is just as similar to Halo as Destiny, it's just the type of game they like making.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Marathon .. man that brings me back.
    That game was the only reason I bought a Mac back in the day. Still remember geeking out over Craig Mullins concept art
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Same thing occurred at Sucker Punch.

The gameplay of Sly Cooper and Infamous are actually very similar.

Companies often make 1 type of game, and even if it's a new IP, it's very similar to all its other projects.

That's not a bad thing :)
  • Joshflighter
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14

Cool idea, but I wish they had higher res 360's... It's kind of blurry.
    Also more than half of the videos i tried to view on the moon were 'Coming Soon' :/ Why bother putting it online then ?
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    What is this all about ? Seems like damage control before game is even released. This does not exactly instill confidence to a potential buyer like myself

Bungie Warns Destiny Day-One Reviews Might Not Tell the Whole Story

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-warns-destiny-day-one-reviews-might-not-tel/1100-6422161/