• Ashenwraith
    FUUUUUUDGGGGGGGEE!

Ran out of time!

Only had a few hours:

293hn37.jpg
  • Ashenwraith
    Hey did they close the finals early?
  • Sly.
    Yes, they did. Officially, "we ran out of time" (although the deadline is still not reached), inofficially, the contest was closed way too early for no apparent reason.

Nice concept by the way! Surely feels unreal!

Post your stuff here, maybe we do have a chance of being considered submissions at least after all.
  • Ashenwraith
    Sly. wrote: »
    Yes, they did. Officially, "we ran out of time" (although the deadline is still not reached), inofficially, the contest was closed way too early for no apparent reason.

Nice concept by the way! Surely feels unreal!

Post your stuff here, maybe we do have a chance of being considered submissions at least after all.

Thanks a lot man, took all your advice.

I'm new over on the UT forums so none of my posts/threads appear.
  • FirebornForm
    Ashen. You only had 4 hours on this one, but we have almost another day until the NEXT deadline. Because of the mistake Adam made we have until

"Sorry about that! It has been reopened until August 5th @ 23:59 EST (GMT -4) (Roughly 16 hours from now.)"

TONIGHT so now's the time to go back and put some more work into it so you're happier with your entry.

I'm going back to at least include something like chucklepunch's idea here to help the devs out on envisioning it as a playable area. It's a really great idea and I think everyone should do it. All it takes is a few minutes to scribble in the details on what's playable and what's not.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2113668&postcount=12
  • Ashenwraith
    Crap I took your advice Fireborn to detail a few things and make the most impact in the short amount out of time but now I missed the 2nd deadline--arghzzzz:
    5Rr4Y4.jpg
  • FirebornForm
    That's too bad but you still got your main entry in the submission so it'll still count for what you initially had. From what I can tell you made some extra rim lighting and textural adjustments, it looks better yes but your idea hasnt changed drastically from yesterday to today so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

You can always submit your nicer version on the official UT forums for everyone to see.
  • Ashenwraith
    That's too bad but you still got your main entry in the submission so it'll still count for what you initially had. From what I can tell you made some extra rim lighting and textural adjustments, it looks better yes but your idea hasnt changed drastically from yesterday to today so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

You can always submit your nicer version on the official UT forums for everyone to see.

Yeah I was really tempted to go nuts on this thing, but feel like the forms needed to adhere to 'visual clarity' and themes staying concepty.

Took me 3 hours to just beef up some details but they add to the separation of forms to make it easier to read vs just busying it up with stuff.

Oh well.

Thanks for helping everyone out.

I still can't post on the UT Forums btw, registered there like 2 days ago and none of my posts or threads appeared.