Replies

• Orgoth02
    Offline / Send Message
    Orgoth02 polycounter lvl 9
    Does this guy always skip leg day?
  • Mimiws
    Offline / Send Message
    Mimiws polycounter lvl 6
    love the art direction! reminds me of borderlands :) goodjob!
  • ICESPADE
    Offline / Send Message
    ICESPADE polycounter lvl 15
    It's looking good man. Clean.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I fuggin' love the design of this car.

It looks like a modern take on an F-Zero car.

That being said, the character doesn't fit the car in my eyes.... I was actually expecting something more along the lines of what I described: modern day F-Zero.

09F-Zero_zps2390a0ad.png

His hat really kills it for me.

You know what... I really want to do a concept of the character for this car. Is that okay with you? I could do it over the weekend.

These are just my opinions! Keep up the good work :)
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuck it I already started drawing him. I'll just post it regardless, if you don't want to use it, that's fine, if you want to, that's cool too.

I just love this car and think you could push the driver design to match!
  • BrendonIsaiahBengtson
    Awesome stuff man. GJ
    The car totally reminds me of Crackdown video game.
  • Bbox85
    Offline / Send Message
    Bbox85 polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for all the support everyone!!

Orgoth02 - Always helpful aren't we? :P

Mimiws - Thanks! I guess after working on borderlands I've adapted some of that style into my line work. The way I draw is pretty similar to the way I ink a texture actually. Glad you like it!

Isaiah - Man, you're too cool for doing that. I'm glad you dig the design of the car. Been trying to focus on design in general for this comp. The character is probably the weaker of the two elements, I'll agree with that. But the intention is for him to fit into a very hip hop/ 80's universe. It's actually a pretty fleshed out universe that a friend of mine has created. So I was trying to follow a few rules to stay true to that because I intend to take this further after the competition. I love f zero and similar things but I think it would have fit better had the overall direction been different. At this point though I think i'm too far in to make any drastic changes. But man, I'm totally for seeing what you come up with. I'm not done with the character yet, so it could inspire some things as I continue to work on him. Just running low on time because I have to be done with the car and character within the next two weeks since I'll be going out of town for a bit... which will drastically cut into the competition time. Thanks again man! You're awesome!

Well here's the latest update. I'm crawling on this... I don't think I've done a full character since Domincance War 3, so struggling a bit. Most elements are in at this point, just gotta spend some time detailing things out. I'm not going to go too crazy with the detail, just the occasional strap, zipper, button, etc.

...tight pants are tight...

iBwxjkR.jpg
  • looprix
    Offline / Send Message
    looprix polycounter lvl 8
    Wow awesome love the proportions and colors, so much style! Its the nice the pants are a solid green with less detail then other areas. All around $olid Character concept!!!

...ha im blastin lazerhawk too
  • Abrvpt
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Sweet project man =) To crit a bit, I think the arms and fingers are too short. On a skinny guy like that, I'll expect the middle finger to be as long as the palm... Also on a human, the ankle should reach the bottom of the pelvic bone, and even if he's stylized his ankles are quite to high in my opinion.
    Did you though about something in terms of weapons ?
  • toby.rutter
    Offline / Send Message
    toby.rutter polycounter lvl 7
    Something about the style reminds me of the dark animated videos made for the Queens of the Stone Age's latest album, needless to say awesome work. I love the sharp clothing folds. What do you think of a few wholes/tears in his jeans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9OfBcjyxKY
  • dirtyhairy
    Offline / Send Message
    dirtyhairy polycounter lvl 12
    tssss lookin good man!
  • Dimfist
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    Love it. Sweet style.
  • EarthQuake
    Lots of fun stuff happening here dude, keep it up!
  • Geno527
    Offline / Send Message
    Geno527 polycounter lvl 8
    Wooow! I really love the style !
  • Bbox85
    Offline / Send Message
    Bbox85 polycounter lvl 9
    My presentation sucks!! So i won't bother with posting all the technical stuff :P Between crunching at work and being out of town I lost a ton of time on this. But considering all that I still feel pretty good about the two beauty shots. I literally submitted with 1 minute left on the deadline, lol. Thanks everyone for helping me along the way!! This was a fun comp!

2hjhEGJ.jpg

xlozVIr.jpg
  • Mrandk
    grats on finishing dude! the shots look killer!
  • Geno527
    Offline / Send Message
    Geno527 polycounter lvl 8
    The composition is very simple but very powerfull, Well done :D !
  • BeardyDan
    Offline / Send Message
    BeardyDan polycounter lvl 2
    Damnnnnn, this came out amazing, nice stuff!
  • Mike8917
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike8917 polycounter lvl 10
    This looks soooo cool - great work man :)
  • JeanValjean
    Very strong artistic vision here, and you did the job behind : it's look so great !
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my favorite final entry. I like the switch to a white car. It fits the character better, the green made it feel like the driver should have been an old army sarge.

Congrats on finishing! I love it.
  • Gannon
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Love the finals man, great job!
  • audi100
    Offline / Send Message
    audi100 polycounter lvl 11
    Surely one of my favs, glad you still made the deadline. Cool and clear presentation :)
  • Suba
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Fuck man, I'm gonna use this as my wallpaper ! So kick ass !
  • jfitch
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    awesome entry man, you've got my vote!
  • XRevan23
    Offline / Send Message
    XRevan23 polycounter lvl 15
    great stuff love the car and the character .
  • oxblood
    Offline / Send Message
    oxblood polycounter lvl 9
    Bbox85 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the support everyone!!

Orgoth02 - Always helpful aren't we? :P

Mimiws - Thanks! I guess after working on borderlands I've adapted some of that style into my line work. The way I draw is pretty similar to the way I ink a texture actually. Glad you like it!

Isaiah - Man, you're too cool for doing that. I'm glad you dig the design of the car. Been trying to focus on design in general for this comp. The character is probably the weaker of the two elements, I'll agree with that. But the intention is for him to fit into a very hip hop/ 80's universe. It's actually a pretty fleshed out universe that a friend of mine has created. So I was trying to follow a few rules to stay true to that because I intend to take this further after the competition. I love f zero and similar things but I think it would have fit better had the overall direction been different. At this point though I think i'm too far in to make any drastic changes. But man, I'm totally for seeing what you come up with. I'm not done with the character yet, so it could inspire some things as I continue to work on him. Just running low on time because I have to be done with the car and character within the next two weeks since I'll be going out of town for a bit... which will drastically cut into the competition time. Thanks again man! You're awesome!

Well here's the latest update. I'm crawling on this... I don't think I've done a full character since Domincance War 3, so struggling a bit. Most elements are in at this point, just gotta spend some time detailing things out. I'm not going to go too crazy with the detail, just the occasional strap, zipper, button, etc.

...tight pants are tight...

iBwxjkR.jpg

LOVE this ! reminds me of Gorillaz :D
  • theStoff
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Really nice Comps actually. I can't tell they were rushed. If you don't like it though you can always make more comps even though the deadline is past. I'm thinking, if anything, there could be some more contrast and shadows. I wouldn't mind seeing what you consider not rushed. Either way though keep it up I like your work.