Home General Discussion

WildStar

Replies

• aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    The art style is phenomenal and the animations are amazing.

I have not played an MMO that had an animation quality even remotely near as strong as Wildstar's.

This. I haven't had this much fun in a long time playing a MMO. This game is well worth it and the PvP so far is damn fun.
  • evilblah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilblah polycounter lvl 18
    Agreed. I love the art style and the storytelling is hysterical. I love the new zone commentary. Like an 80s cartoon.

Can't wait to get higher level but already enjoying it. Well done Carbine!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Playing on Lightspire if anyone is on that server, feckin awesome so far :)
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    I went in with low expectations, and ended up being totally blown away. Great job those of you at Carbine.

Its a bit of a slow start, but once you get past level 12 or so it ramps up in the "fun factor". Challenges are a great mechanic, especially when you dont expect them. The capital cities could use a bit of love though, visual variety and interesting design. The tutorial ship did a fairly good job at that.
  • Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 18
    Torch wrote: »
    Playing on Lightspire if anyone is on that server, feckin awesome so far :)

I ended up on Lightspire, RP isn't my thing but normally the community tends to be more mature. Chua medic btw, prepare for examination ! *cough*

Cool game so far but two pet peeves are region locked so no playing with friends from america -_- and man those quests are so fucking 2005.

Upside is clearly the combat system which is a hellah lot fun and i absolutely love the graphics design i am so tired of all the brown in the other games.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Anyone else experiencing some drop in FPS when in combat? I think Carbine mentioned they'd be releasing an optimization update today...
  • Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 18
    Torch wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing some drop in FPS when in combat? I think Carbine mentioned they'd be releasing an optimization update today...

Runs absolutely fine on my R9 280X but yeah i hear a lot people complain about the FPS in WS.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Runs absolutely fine on my R9 280X but yeah i hear a lot people complain about the FPS in WS.

Ah ok, they mentioned improved performance in the latest patch notes, hopefully should make a difference :)

http://www.wildstarforums.com/news/28543-wildstar-news-build-6714-patch-notes
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Yay!

-Fixed a performance problem which would have affected users using Windows 7 running in non-Fullscreen Exclusive mode.

I was wondering why my PC was running about the same quality as my wife's laptop... I run in Windowed mode and have multiple monitors.
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    Time to get my ass searching for one of them guest keys because I have £0 to my name.
    oh boy, joys of being a student

WANT TO PLAY THIS SO BAD, ITS LIKE MY OLD FAVORITE GAME AND MY FAVORITE GAME HAD A BABY.
    my favorite game is ratchet and clank.

edit: got one thanks to some random danish forum.