DDO v5.3 is now free

Replies

• Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Prophecies wrote: »
    "..."
    Even the presets look completely weird. I loaded the Forest Moss preset, and it ended up looking like a green chrome in the viewer. Is this a problem on my end, or are there others having these same issues?

Clean install the new version first. May have just been a bad install, i had a few similar things back on a older version so.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I do have a clean install, I've never installed dDo on this computer before.
    Pretty sure the Forest Rock preset shouldn't look like this. The spec and gloss values of each detailing preset are completely through the roof.
    FNTY6Qh.jpg?1
  • EricHall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricHall polycounter lvl 6
    nvm, question answered on other post...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Not sure if already asked, but I saw a brief showing of a stylized character in the preview of the suite. I hope you show more on this part of the workflow soon.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Come on, you never seen a forest wall made out of golden chocolate before?
  • Jacky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacky polycounter lvl 6
    This is awesome, thank you!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I'd have to agree with Prophecies, I really dislike the changes done to the UI. Everything looks cleaner but I have no idea where anything is anymore. I don't even bother using the skyshop previewer that is built in because it seems to crash any time I load a custom mesh.

Still, once you figure out where everything is, it still ends up becoming the same old dDo you're used to so I guess it's not too big of a deal.
  • MeshMagnet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshMagnet polycounter lvl 9
    NegevPro wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with Prophecies, I really dislike the changes done to the UI. Everything looks cleaner but I have no idea where anything is anymore. I don't even bother using the skyshop previewer that is built in because it seems to crash any time I load a custom mesh.

Still, once you figure out where everything is, it still ends up becoming the same old dDo you're used to so I guess it's not too big of a deal.

Does it still take a long time to generate details on large textures?
  • gilesruscoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    I was at the Quixel stand at GDC today and I have to say... wow!... Everything has been overhauled and rewritten, it seems much faster and much more impressive than ever before. For those of you that may have downloaded it previously and not found it to your liking, I recommend giving it another shot!
  • Dubzski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubzski polycounter lvl 11
    Good to see some activity from Quixel again :D Hope they have some cool stuff to show at GDC.

You have to click on the 'Get legacy DDO' =).
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Looking forward to seeing 6.0 released, at any rate!
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    How come this isn't on the frontpage of Polycount? :)
  • JoshVanZuylen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshVanZuylen polycounter lvl 5

Hey guys,

Here is some information regarding Licences and packages:
    http://www.quixel.se/forum/showthread.php?4635-Licensing-Information

• Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    That answered the questions I had, thank you Josh
  • MDiamond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
    Megascans kreygasm.png

Pre-ordering the hell out the suit, can't wait!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Who do I have to stab...errr hug to get a Mac OsX version of dDo/nDo/3Do/etc?
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Does any body else experiencing unexpected behavior on 5.3?

I was interested to try dDo since Quixel now release this version for free, but I'm getting few kind of errors.

I noticed Prophecies had some difficulty as well and other then that are;
    1| The material definition selector (when using quick reflectance based on color) on the main dDo interface act weird when I plugged in 1:2 ratio texture map (in my case 512x1024) as the highlighted area appear stretched (haven't tried the 1:1 texture ratio though). This seems like a new feature since I didnt saw it on older dDo tutorials
    2| Previewer didn't properly load the obj that I specified on the main UI. Some times leave blank, sometimes need to re-import mesh few times in order to get the obj to appear, sometimes texture didnt load it, and sometimes when I press the update button (the one that looks like a circle arrow on the top of the UI) all my textures get hidden.
    3| Unzipping stuck on 0%
    4| Wacom un-usable on dDo UI
    5| Documentation? at least keyboard shortcut for dDo main and preview UI

Well that's all that I can think of it right now, so guys if anything can fix this issue, I'll be really glad to hear it~
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    The previewer doesn't work at all for me, a lot of the time just opening it will crash dDo so I just use Toolbag 2. It's not as fast as being able to look directly at the previewer but it's still pretty fast so I don't really worry too much about it.

The unzipping for me also gets stuck at 0%. Sometimes it seems like waiting then pressing Esc will fix it, other times I just close dDo and try again.

Of course, I've had these issues in the original release as well, and they occur less frequently now (previewer has never worked though).

I'm not too sure how to go about fixing either problem but for the most part dDo works great for me. Everything in general seems to be much faster when compared to the original release.
  • Monophobe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monophobe polycounter lvl 11
    With the new version are you guys getting details making any difference to your base normal map? The other maps are updating just fine but nothing is added to my normals :/

EDIT: Re-installing seems to have fixed it.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Does the original version (the latest one before 5.3, not sure is it 5.2?) got mat ID select highlighted problem as well? if you have 1x2 map then the color seems fine but the highlighted is stretch to fill the 1x1 square..but strange I never got crashed though, well maybe few that I not remember.

@Monophobe - if I'm not mistaken I saw on the tutorial that we need to enable heightmap in order to update the normal map? cus the texture that I'm working on right now I disabled the height map input at first and somehow dDo never update my normal as well.
  • Monophobe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monophobe polycounter lvl 11
    Revel wrote: »
    @Monophobe - if I'm not mistaken I saw on the tutorial that we need to enable heightmap in order to update the normal map? cus the texture that I'm working on right now I disabled the height map input at first and somehow dDo never update my normal as well.

Probably a different issue. I did have the height map enabled. Reinstalled and opened the same project and everything worked as I would have expected. The viewer shows the updated normals but displaying the normal map just shows my base. It's only when I export the normal map that it adds the information from the height map (presume this is intended).