Home Counter-Strike: GO

Fearian's Weapon Workshop Wonderhaus

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
fearian greentooth
I'm playing alot of GO lately and I've found the Workbench editor to be really fun to play around with, especially with repeating patterns. I'll post my experiments and anything I learn here!

First up I was experimenting with Patina skins. It took a while to wrap my head around these but you can get some really cool looking finishes. I wanted a rough green finish for my favourite looking gun, the SG 553. Here's a crop of my texture:

61aPrio.png

and here's the weapon finish, mid-wear:

i8b2yk0.png

and the full wear cycle:

0B2KiIF.png

Here are my takeaways from Patina experiments:
  • Strong saturation values in either the texture or the patina colours will overpower the other
  • That said, you want colour variation in the texture to make full use of your patina colours.
  • Similarly, a grey value in the patina colour stack will reveal the texture colour, while a saturated colour will tint the texture.
  • Patina colour values always darken the texture, light values won't lighten it.
  • The patina colour stack is like a gradient map that maps over the wear pattern

Co colour is very important, and I sort of wish I had a slightly less saturated base texture - but I flattened my document at one point by mistake!

I have a bunch more finishes to upload, but it's late! brb.

Replies