Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dodgewars Characters

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
dwunkypengy polycounter lvl 2
Hey!
I'm an artist for 8RedPixels and I wanted to share what I was working on for our game Dodgewars.

Both of these characters are Wips :P
First one is Aphrodite, second one is Pallas.
I'm very open to criticism so feel free to fire away :)
j5R4gtp.jpg

HQxSZmO.jpg

Replies

• imperator_dk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imperator_dk polycounter lvl 10
    Would suggest sculpting them with palms facing downwards, once you hit skinning that rotation of the arm will not do you any favors deformation wise.
  • dwunkypengy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh absolutely, what I do before retopologizing is rotate the forearm. I just find sculpting the forearm muscle easier this way ;P
  • silver_hoodlum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    silver_hoodlum polycounter lvl 4
    nice shapes, only zbrush?
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    It's coming along but I find your proportions and posture to be a bit odd overall. I'd recommend looking into anatomy a bit more. A few main point would be that the torso may be a bit long and the arms are short. The elbows should line up with the waist when at rest. Also your creases such as the ones on the chest and stomach are a bit intense. Here is a bit of a paintover which I hope may be better than my lack of ability to explain through words :)

A20FWYg.jpg
  • dwunkypengy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice shapes, only zbrush?
    Indeed it was created only in Zbrush, started from Zspheres.
    It's coming along but I find your proportions and posture to be a bit odd overall. I'd recommend looking into anatomy a bit more. A few main point would be that the torso may be a bit long and the arms are short. The elbows should line up with the waist when at rest. Also your creases such as the ones on the chest and stomach are a bit intense. Here is a bit of a paintover which I hope may be better than my lack of ability to explain through words :)

A20FWYg.jpg
    Hey thanks for the advice! I made some adjustments to her arms, I do think I'll leave the torso length in there for style purposes :). Here's an update, completely redid hair and made some adjustments to feet, still working on her though :)

g55wubA.jpg