Home Dota 2

Sekoran's DOTA2 Workshop

Sekoran
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Sekoran polycounter lvl 4
Welcome to the thread, will be posting various concepts, models and whatever I have finished up in the workshop here.

Please feel free to comment, criticism is always welcome!

Items Submitted

Curved Blade of the Assassin
-Phantom Assassin-

c6KrDHm.jpg

Gift of Nelum
-Ward-

QFSPZX9.jpg

Circlet of the Omniscient
-Omniknight-

LR80ZKw.jpg

Tresses of the Horned Prophet
-Death Prophet-

15aAkxO.jpg

Thanks for coming by!

Replies

• Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Concept for a ward that I've been messing around with. Thought about submitting it for the September contest as a Enchantress ward but decided to do the PA item instead. Spawn animation would be it burrowing up from the ground and the bud unfurling, bit unsure of what I should do with the rare animation though. Also debating on if I should make the bud a bit larger, the petals might feel a bit small otherwise :|

esdLVEQ.jpg
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, failed to post again. One month or so down the line and I've finished it, so here are some progress pictures at least!

Final highpoly sculpt.

5op2z9X.png

Per normal I should have spent more time in zbrush detailing the upper parts of the leafs in addition to some more general detailing, turned out that I spent a lot of my texturing time fixing it instead.

Lowpoly

fLk8kCM.png

Exactly 1500 tris, ended up with 41 joints in total. Four for each leaf, 1 for the eye and a few in the stem.

UV Layout

pintZCh.png

In the end I could probably have had most of the leafs on the same UV tile instead of splitting them up. There is a teeny bit of difference between them though so I'm a bit happy about that at least. Also more space for bigger leafs.

And a shiny 2k texture image!

7ulK06X.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    And a quick item made for the spring 2014!

Kinda proud of being able to make it in like ~4 days, sleep deprivation is bad though.

3Xj3d5r.jpg
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    So haven't posted in forever, bit of a half done concept I brewed up for legion

n51u0Av.png

Going for some harsher / Nordic theme for this set.

Also a half done zbrush sculpt for the axe, the grip and bottom piece didn't really work out like I wanted after making them so decided to try some different forms, liked how they tuned out now though.

lo0WRmr.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished my newest piece for the august competition, pretty happy with it :)

Circlet of the Omniscient

LR80ZKw.jpg
  • Todestomate
    looking at the comparison between the default legion weapon and your concept, I think it would be cool if you would elongate the left blade to the maximum height. will still look like an axe, but be a bit closer to the default. might be something to try out and see how it looks.
    other than that, cool concept :) I'm always a fan of nordic looking stuff
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Good thought, will try it out :)