Home General Discussion

Fallout 4

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
So last week there were some rumors about it... but now we have proof!

want.jpg

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

original.png

Replies

• low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    When this hits............. My life ends.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    If those leaked scripts are true, the player character will be voiced, that's kind of exciting
  • Stirls
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    Oh boy! Here comes!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Fallout New Vegas is pretty old (regarding graphics/art), I'm excited for some next-gen lookin' shit for Fallout.
  • TheWildHunt
    With the help of some more recent graphics enhancing mods, new vegas is really turning into something pretty; granted, I can't vouch for that first hand, but there are some users who have managed to really up the quality. Google search Macintroll on flickr; He's got, in my opinion, probably the prettiest NV build out there.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I've seen people make the craziest graphics mods for FO3/NV/Skyrim, basically any Bethesda game. Let's just hope FO4 follows the same trend of allowing users to create custom content.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, mods are great if you play on PC. Useless if you play on 360 ;)
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm guilty of spending more time downloading and installing mods than actually playing the game. I haven't even finished NV or even Skyrim because of this. What am I doing with my life? :(
  • Blaisoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    With the help of some more recent graphics enhancing mods, new vegas is really turning into something pretty

Are there any mods that make static objects actually cast shadows?

I wanted to try out New Vegas but Fallout without burning sun and strong shadows just doesn't feel like Fallout to me (not to mention that lack of shadows simply looks out of place)

I guess FO4 engine will finally be able to pull off that shadow thing, I don't expect to see too much of desert feel there though.
  • dazzerfong
    A tad bit convenient something's leaked so soon after the hoax. Fishy x 100 IMO.

I'll wait for real proof before supposed leaks. Want to be proven wrong, but I doubt it.
  • Torch
  • TheoClarke
    Offline / Send Message
    TheoClarke polycounter lvl 7
    Doesn't seem that believeable to me.... The Survivor2299 thing seems more like Bethesda's style than this
  • praetus
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    except that the survivor2299 was shown to be an absolute hoax. I don't care where this leak came from. Not getting hyped until I see an official announcement from Bethesda.
  • TheWildHunt
    @blasoid: There's a wide selection of enb graphics modules for new vegas, which have been updated to cast dynamic shadows across the board. I recommend Blackout Enb for that sweltering feel.

As for the leak, not believing it, the guy in charge of thesurvivor hoax spent almost $1000 to keep it going. If he can purchase a landline, handle the traffic for that site, and forge zenimax/bethesda's identity into his site, than I don't believe sending kotaku a briefcase is beyond him. Plus, the site updated. December 27th
  • mystichobo
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Plus, the site updated. December 27th

I think that is when he is going to show the fake cg trailer that was originally going to be at the end of the countdown. Instead he got drunk and put Tunnel Snakes Rule, lol and Bethesda got to him before the countdown finished.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo wrote: »
    OtaCQ7A.png

That is cleverly worded.

Clever wording with anything is almost always an attempt to hide something.

That image only strengthens my beliefs they are working on Fallout 4 :P
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    ...wouldn't it be fucking awesome if Fallout 4 had co-op?
  • TheWildHunt
    spiderDude wrote: »
    I think that is when he is going to show the fake cg trailer that was originally going to be at the end of the countdown. Instead he got drunk and put Tunnel Snakes Rule, lol and Bethesda got to him before the countdown finished.

I am honestly pretty stoked for that to drop, despite the knowledge that it's fake. I just hope its not another one of those choppy, ghetto-rigged, plastic fakes that have popped up in the past.

If he's gotten a team of artists together to really make a cg trailer, than I am super excited to see that...

As far as co-op goes, I would like to see it in a sense, probably not if it takes place in big open world that single player will likely take place in. Co-op to me would really need to coerce the players to either work together in a multi-directional set of "micro wastelands" to keep the action up, or to play a game of cat an mouse across the open expanses of the wastes. Nothing more satisfying that putting a .308 through a super mutants forehead from atop Black Mountain, and I think the same could be said for a well prepared player in a VS mode.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    The problem would be counteracting the way the engine/game is set up, so much focus on dynamic content and non-static items, so much focus on the knowledge that the world revolves around the player,

All this is essentially where the "buggy gamebryo" came from, too many variables, too many possible scenarios, if they were to simplify the game it could make ways for coop/multiplayer, but that's definitely not the focus of bethesda.
  • ivanzu
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    Id be happy if it gets coop,wouldn't leave my house ever again!!!!
  • IchII3D
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Boston? Could be interesting... wondering how many factions will focus on the themes of presidents. Isn't it often called the city of presidents?
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    So what else does Boston have besides basketball and iced buns made from potato?
  • Skamberin
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    If this Boston thing is true well..:
    I really wish they'd tried something else. It'd be interesting to play in the remains of a dead New York with all those skyscrapers as the explorable backdrop. Might feel too much like Fallout 3 with the subway system though.

Then again they could also try another part of the world, maybe expand the lore a bit down paths that are not cringe worthy and atrocious (ThreeDog...).

In any case, I hope this is more like New Vegas than Fallout 3, as the former was just brilliant despite it's bugs and much more realized.

Also hoping for a heavily reworked approach to gun combat, if they can get the feel to be something close to Battlefield or CoD that would be sweet.

Also hope they allow modders to add custom gun animations this time, as the lack of support for that kind of thing kind of shot the modding community in the foot in regards to properly realizing some mods.
  • IchII3D
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Skamberin wrote: »
    If this Boston thing is true well..:
    I really wish they'd tried something else. It'd be interesting to play in the remains of a dead New York with all those skyscrapers as the explorable backdrop. Might feel too much like Fallout 3 with the subway system though.

Then again they could also try another part of the world, maybe expand the lore a bit down paths that are not cringe worthy and atrocious (ThreeDog...).

In any case, I hope this is more like New Vegas than Fallout 3, as the former was just brilliant despite it's bugs and much more realized.

Also hoping for a heavily reworked approach to gun combat, if they can get the feel to be something close to Battlefield or CoD that would be sweet.

Also hope they allow modders to add custom gun animations this time, as the lack of support for that kind of thing kind of shot the modding community in the foot in regards to properly realizing some mods.

I hope because they didn't announce it at E3 this year their is a higher chance they are investing in better tools and technology. I would agree with you on all points. But personally something always draws me back to Fallout 3 over New Vegas. I personally felt the environments of New Vegas was pretty shocking and really broke the level of immersion Fallout 3 had. Then again New Vegas clearly had better game design with better balancing, buffs and repair system. I think where New Vegas fell short was selling a believable world the player could become a part of. Everything felt very separate and stuck together with duck tape.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    NYC is done to death in games plus Boston has skyscrapers and a subway system, so you're covered there. NYC is just way too big to have the fallout experience, it would be all city.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    Personally I'd like to see a really unique setting, probably outside the U.S. as well. I thought the post apocalyptic Russia that was shown in the Metro franchise was incredible.

JAPAN ANYBODY?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    The thing about Fallout being outside the US is a lot of the humor is a satire of the overly patriotic.

There is this sense of this "great nation" that crumbled to dust like everyone else.

I honestly don't care where in the US they have it. It just needs to have a good balance of natural + manmade areas.