Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weapon warhammer fan art

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Copletaf polycounter lvl 3
LAST UPDATE

WM_Screen01.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm working on a weapon warhammer fan art, I'm currently texturing it. I still have to add some matter (leather, metal), add more highlight/shadow and hide seams. Black part are not texturing yet.

VandermoutenCynthia_wip.jpg

Here is the sculpt :
VandermoutenCynthiaPolycount_Render.jpg

Replies

• LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    nice. really dig that highpoly.
  • DMacDraws
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DMacDraws polycounter lvl 7
    Looks brilliant! Can I ask how you went about modelling the woven grip?
  • StevenZer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenZer polycounter lvl 4
    This looks great! But how can someone hold it? :P Probably going to cut himself.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Great execution. A bit on the busy side with the details everywhere but seems to be true to the concept. You may want to flatten them out value wise in the diffuse to make things less noisy. I found the hipoly easier to look at because of that. The concept has a similar thing going on, the handle in particular.
    Wasn't going to comment on its obvious practical issues but for future projects, working from others concepts, if you want a design challenge, don't follow the initial design, improve on it instead.
  • Copletaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your comments guys

Bakedbeing : For the woven grip I made the patern with plan and after put it correctly with a FFD Box.

StevenZer : I'm agree with you to hold the gun, but I wanted to respect the concept. I want to do this project for my portfolio, to show I can respect a concept. But yes if someone hold it he will hurt himself :p except if this person has a protection to put on the sharp hand.

AimBiZ : Thanks ! I made the diffuse less noisy, I still have to retouch the normal map right now. About the design as I say to StevenZer I wanted to respect it, but I understand your point of view.

This is my progress, I have to retouch the normalmap and I think it will be done !
    VandermoutenCynthia_wip02.jpg

VandermoutenCynthia_wip03.jpg
  • dreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    good job man keep up the good work :)
  • Copletaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the breakdown of my pattern/woven grip.

- Create your base
    - Duplicate it how long you need
    - Put a FFD box with more number of point
    - Enjoy the placement :D

patternExplicatif.jpg

Hope I help you guys
  • Copletaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message