Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fourty's WIPs and stuff

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
FourtyNights polycounter
Hi, I'm studying a game development at a vocational school I started this fall, and our first year consists all kinds of areas in the game industry such as modeling, texturing, animation, scripting in C# and the usage of the Unity engine.

Next year we can specialize in special categories, and I'm definitely choosing the modeling and animation. Especially becoming a character artist.

Here's my current work I started a couple of days ago:

The head was initially sculpted in Sculptris and then I imported the .obj to ZBrush for fine details. Since it was all triangulated, I Zremeshed it to have even quads for more accurate skin pore details. Then I added some noise to the base of the skin detail. Now I'll start using some alphas to get even more defined details.

After everything is done in ZBrush, I'll decimate the mesh and use it for retopologizing in either Max or Blender.

To be honest, I'm extremely noob at sculpting in ZBrush, since it's a huge struggle to handle different subdivision levels and it's very hard to have all necessary shapes in the lower resolution levels. Simply... Sculptris is millions of times easier to sculpt with. Still, I'm slowly moving to ZBrush, because it's obviously the standard of the game indusrty.

EDIT: Oh, and I have a tablet as well... but I haven't got used to it yet, haha. So, everything is sculpted by mouse in here.

36Eb6qe.jpg

Replies

• FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    Update #1

Added eyes to see how they fit to her head, and of course; skin details are pretty much done, but I'll fade out and blend some details together for even smoother look. I didn't use layers for those details, but next time I'll experience with those too because I found out that it's much easier to get better results with fine details. At that time I wasn't aware of the layers in ZBrush.

y6dCrlK.jpg
  • FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    -snip-

Double, for some reason. Sorry.
  • FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    Reviving my old thread by asking some feedback from my female anatomy sculpt. This is sculpted in Sculptris, and I'm going to retopologize it with as perfect semi-high poly topology as I can. Then I'll resculpt it in ZBrush for final details.

My knowledge of human anatomy is very poor, but I've used dozens and dozens of references of female bodies all around the internet. I'm aware of some problems in the head/face, but my biggest concern is the torso and lower body. Are the proportions right, for example? Can't say for sure myself so easily. Any kind of advice is welcome. (;

E7LjlST.jpg