Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Guyver Project

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
xvampire polycounter lvl 14
*latest update

aka! tora! batta! tatoba tatoba! just kidding, its another gigantic progreess , marmoset render :
nqQXX8o.png

you can also visit progress gallery here http://imgur.com/a/GoBHL#1

well here I am starting my new fan art, lets call it guyver project, because it based on comic called Biobooster armor guyver :)

I will use this exercise to learn some new thing like hard surface modeling in zbrush. etc. so bear with me if i made inefficient steps :p

Ikq4OLT.jpg?1

and here the progress :

xl8lXLx.jpg
pec8bZ4.jpg
and slightly different angle
R4c2fsc.jpg
I havent extracted the torso , hand and leg part, thats why it still in soft mode

its not always practical but this will be the main focus of the exercise , mesh extracting and polishing into hard surface
LKEQ870.jpg

my overal proportion still mostly off , so i hestitant to post it here ...
oh whatever I ll post it anyway :p
4LrAIvW.jpg
as you can see the more i extracted mesh the bigger it became , and it kill some original proportion. but its ok, I ll work on it .

too bad I ll go to vacation in next 3-4 weeks , but i ll continue afterward for sure :)

Replies

• KKolar
    Offline / Send Message
    KKolar polycounter lvl 3
    Its looking pretty nice so far. My critique would be to make sure you really define where edges meet. Right now you are like 80% of the way to having some clean looking armor. I know the guyver has some very organic feeling armor but try and flatten out some of the really rounded parts, I can notice it the most around his shoulder area. Other than that nice work, keep it up.
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback, yeah, I did sharpen it, only to turn it unto even more organic again D:

hi guys, its been a while , I haven't posted any updates, still working on it

here my skipped updates

marmoset test, got optimized too much D:
    vglLMxH.jpg
    Uz7FuDU.jpg
    AtodtLk.jpg - bit messed up with the proportion.
  • RickStefani
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    *and here is my latest render
    fixed some minor proportion
    4NxXLXT.jpg

starting the detail progress ...
    7yiG0DM.jpg

testing out some extreme light condition
    kwmmSRi.jpg

its getting somewhere , however,
    im still trying to push it even more to look like live action prosthetic instead of action figure

i really want to aim this kind of look/feel. I know it doesnt look like just yet,
    my computer became slow with tons of subtools and subdivision. >.<
    LuY7XxU.jpg

probably I have to bake it to low res and bring it to 3dpackage instead of keeping all part in zbrush? how do you guys deal with project that has many subtools?
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    this is looking great, just work on your specular and colour variation some more and Im sure it will be closer to the posters style. Also the depth of field probably makes it feel a bit like an action figure.
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    my current guyver marmoset shot, currently baking the arm texture in lowpoly.

lkwk0V2.jpg
    5SeTER4.jpg

and the whole body update :

nqQXX8o.png
    I replaced the texture order with physical based texture.

I use skin shader to smooth out shadow without changing the light parameter
    Ngf4AUX.png

to do list :

- fix leg proportion relative to whole body ( especially shoulder )
    - rebake some of my zbrush sculp.
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    hi, I added new guy, for this neverending wip , zoalord Pugstall wip ...
    the design is still trying to be faithful to the original, probably I will tweak it what doesnt work later on

novOepP.png
    wuQYhF3.png
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    ah I forgot to post the render version on this thread ( click the grey bar to see the original size)

4cDJXiL.jpg

as for the main guy ( guyver ) I manage to upload it on sketch fab,
    sure it doesnt have real time shadow, but i think sketchfab did a good job implementing PBR on browser.

[sketchfab]281c9923c41649ff96b47dbf3f9c70bf[/sketchfab]