Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Velvet : Odin Sphere Fan Art

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
MercurialForge polycounter lvl 11
I started this model many months ago and got discouraged by a number of things going on around me. I've since regained my motivation and am back at it. Here is the final turn out. Cheers and thanks for looking :)

Velvet06.jpg

Velvet05.jpg

Velvet04.jpg

Velvet03.jpg

Some Construction Shots:
Dynamesh Dollform
Velvet01.jpg

The near final sculpt
Velvet02.jpg

Replies

• fatihG_
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Hey man, the model looks pretty sweet!

Are you planning on texturing it?
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Her hat is less floppy in the original design, which gave her character a bit more of an interesting silhouette. The way you've got your version doesn't look bad as such (though the folds are could use some asymmetry), but I think the crescent shape of the hat adds a lot to the design.
  • MercurialForge
    Offline / Send Message
    MercurialForge polycounter lvl 11
    @bb0x: I thought I did texture it lol, but no I don't plan to do anymore to it.

@Jackablade: Good point about the curvature of the hood shape seemed to have escaped me. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Dimfist
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    The biceps seem a little long to me. Could be the clothing playing tricks on me. I like the style a lot though!
  • Fnitrox
    Offline / Send Message
    Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
    after reading jackblack's post i searched for some pics of the OC and got to say you pretty much nailed it

The only thing coming a bit off to me are the stockings, yours are pretty much just orange while they are supposed to be a little more brownish and less saturated. You can probably look at this miniature for reference on what i'm talking about :D

You could also desaturate the hair just a tiny bit and keep it more saturated where it curves or is thinner.

Also i know you said you're not going to push texturing anymore but some of the spec could use some refining, like shoes and black clothing.

Anyway it might all be just personal taste and you've done a really good job, so congrats! :D