Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi fighter (T5 Falcon-M) (WIP)

polycounter lvl 12
Online / Send Message
supaclueless polycounter lvl 12
Been busy due to college and its been ages since i last posted. Now that summer has finally rolled over, decided to do something that makes me practice both HP-modelling, silhouette, shape, texturing, etc.

My current progress of my WIP, crits and opinions on its current shape, size, and form will be fully appreciated as I wish to take this piece as seriously as possible (NO MORE half-arsed jobs :P). Hopefully by the end of this piece I will have something that looks decent.

Concept Art: (all rights reserved towards the artist Karanak: http://cghub.com/images/view/301936/ (thx Xaaran!) )
994_max.jpg

WIP shots: (took abit of liberty in certain spots due to concept not showing certain spots and have yet to fully flesh out the back as of yet, HIGHLY wip)
WIP_1.png
WIP_2.png

Replies

• Xaaran
    Looks like you are on the path to making a fantastic model out of that concept!

This is a concept for a released game Star Conflict and artists page is - http://karanak.deviantart.com/
  • theSixtyEight
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    very nice, second ship reminds me of Homeworld scout
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    Update on MY high-poly, will start on the back sector sooner or later and im thinking of adding some mech details on certain blank spots but wanna eventually see how it will all fit.

Crits on proportions and anything will be appreciated :D

WIP.png
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    Started working on the capacitor on the back of the fighter, Quick and Unfinished blockout atm, i need to learn how to read shapes better :S

using one of his other works as my main guide model for the overall looks of the capacitor as the main concept doesn't show much and the line art is hard for me to read

once again crits and comments are welcome :D

Tsmooth is only temp, just wanna get a quick feel on how it might look

916_max.jpg
    WIP_3.jpg
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    round two for the capacitor, think im getting a more accurate shape at this point, might still have a few proportion errors.

WIP_4_1.jpg

How it looks on the back of the fighter

WIP_4_2.jpg
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    Slowly but surely chipping away at this, finished to a certain extent for the capacitor, gonna start working on the back now and start properly blocking them out now, gonna add more detail in certain spots so the mainframe towards the front might be redone again.

Also gonna loosen up some more edges as I wanna be more consistent with the highlights and im planning for this model to be viewed further away inside UDK.

Might try a test bake to see how the eges fare in my desired view distance as well.

WIP_cap_1.jpg
  • CharlieD
    Offline / Send Message
    CharlieD polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome stuff.
  • Selaznog
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Very cool stuff! Tempted do do that second concept you posted. Really nice edging man. Keep it up!
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    Been ages since I last updated, progress is getting insanely slow due to me having troubles with shaping out the back. I've also bee redo-ing certain main parts due to their edges being too tight.

Heres the current progress on the back section of the fighter. ONE day I WILL FINISH the high-poly! :D

WIP_Aughghghsgh.png
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    UPDATE from the dead! Made VERRRRY slow progress throughout this project due to laziness, etc. Finally finished the majority of it and any other changes will be made via NDO at this point on.

Going to start the low-poly process soon and hopefully get a bake before college starts!

EDIT: forgot to unhide one piece in the front sector and I don't plan to re-render it for that one piece :poly127:

Critiques and comments are still appreciated and any changes that would help this piece will STILL be greatly accepted as I aim for this project to improve my skills.

Beauty_1.png
    Beauty_2.png
  • Generalvivi
    Offline / Send Message
    Generalvivi polycounter lvl 14
    looking sweet so far :)
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    An UPDATE from the grave!

Been busy for a couple of months due to start of college semester and me wanting to not fail classes.

Baked down my fighter and almost done with painting out the basic color maps for the entire piece, will now start my work on texturing it soon!

WIP shot currently taken from 3ds max with 3p-shader, will probably try to have the end product in UDK with a small scene to go along with this piece!
    WIP_1.png
    Progress_1.png
  • supaclueless
    Online / Send Message
    Update From the dead! Still sloooowly working on this, hopefully will be able to finish this early next year... at least I have some time now to work on this since finals are almost over!

The overall texture is still very WIP and I see some stuff that I like but some others I think i might change, took the tex in a completely different direction just to experiment some techniques and stuff... Overall a good learning experience!

Need to stop having different presentations also
    WIP_2.png