Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - Popol - Circus knife thrower

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Popol interpolator
Hi ! I know I'm a little bit late to enter the contest but I've been super busy finishing my end of year project. Now that it's finally over, I'm free to do fun stuffs again! =D

So here's my idea : a circus knife thrower from the Victorian era. She's used to travel with the circus but now she's going solo to live great adventures!

Here's my concept

concept04%20copie.jpg

I will maybe cover her body with tattoos to make her some sort of circus freak, "The tattooed Lady" but I'll see about that while texturing as it may turn out too busy.

Replies

• Alara
    Offline / Send Message
    Alara polycounter lvl 8
    Hello and good luck!)
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Alara : thanks! =)

So I sculpted the body and face. I played a little with the proportions to get something that looks interesting. Not really satisfied with the face as it seems a little too childish, I'll have to get back at it later.

adventurer_body.jpg

adventurer_face.jpg

Any suggestions are more than welcomed!
  • Niclol
    Offline / Send Message
    Niclol polycounter lvl 5
    Hey, looking good! I think you need to make the shoulders a bit wider though, they're way too narrow compared to the rest of her. Also the neck is looking very straight as if it was just extruded upwards, try giving it a bit of a curve :) and it also seems a little long...but that could just be the narrow shoulders giving me that impression.

Rest of her is looking pretty good :) digging that concept!
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Niclol : Thanks for the tips! =) Made the changes as you suggested and it looks way better now.

I can't spend more than 3 or 4 hours a day on this character because of my student job so it's taking quite some time but here's what I've made so far.

clothes03.jpg

knife.jpg
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    wow, totaly missed this one. looks really good :)
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    lotet : Thanks! It means a lot coming from you as I love how your adventurer is turning out =)

So here is what it looks like so far. Not that much of an update but I'm slowly getting there ^^

Have made some changes compared to the concept : slim pants look better in my opinion and a more complex holster for the knives. I'm currently thinking of some items to add on the legs to make them a little more busy as they seem quite bland compared to the top.

Hope you like it!

turnaround.jpg
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Hi guys!

Well it looks like I ran out of time. This is what the character looks like right now. I'm currently working on the retopo.

adventure_character.jpg

I plan to finish this character but I want to really polish it and make it portfolio material. I'll post my progress in a new thread in "Pimping & Previews".
  • Anais
    Heya, you haven't run out of time... yet! And looks like you're almost there!

Just a quick reminder that the deadline for your submission has been extended: you have until tonight (Monday July 8, 11:59:59 pm PST) to email us your entry.

If you have any issue with the Auto-Rigging or Animating, our awesome support team is here to help out so feel free to email support@mixamo.com and use the word "contest" in the subject of your email so that we get back to you before the end of the day.

Good luck!
  • KatArt
    Offline / Send Message
    KatArt polycounter lvl 5
    Popol very very interesting proportions!!! Like it)