Home Technical Talk

Marmoset Toolbag: User input for next major revision

Replies

• Sean VanGorder
    You can previev your mip, if you press "p" beside the texture input and use the the slider at the top of the frame :)

Well ya learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks man!
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    You can previev your mip, if you press "p" beside the texture input and use the the slider at the top of the frame :)

Never knew about that! Thanks!
  • ZacD
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    either create a feature like Sketchfab, or team up with them, or use your unity skybox tool to create a unity based plugin that does the same thing, or anything...

because i hate the sketchfab shaders, but want to let people view my models online.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
  • Grimm_Wrecking
    Offline / Send Message
    Grimm_Wrecking polycounter lvl 8
    Auto-Load Textures - Always:
    Tick box for auto-loading when marmoset isn't the active window.

For clarity.
    2 monitors, I work in Photoshop on Monitor #1. On Monitor #2 I have Toolbag sitting doing a very slow idle model spin.
    I save my textures out, Marmoset does not reload the textures until I move out of Photoshop and click into Marmosets viewport. If it did, my life would be so much happier.

Part A: Store Camera Positions:
    The ability to store camera positions, Ctrl + 1 - 0. It'd be nice to be able to save camera views. Scene file dependent of course so you can store camera positions for every file and not overwrite your guitar cams with your gun cams.

Part B: Batch Render stored cam positions:
    set and forget it.

Transparency without mesh bomb:
    The ability to use transparent+translucent materials as part of a larger object chunk and not have the rest of the model absorb transparency even when the maps say you're 100% opaque. To be fair, I might have just missed a setting on this one, but it happened with my MP5, the Aimpoint lenses totally juiced the rest of my model until I made them a separate mesh chunk.

Lighting Save States:
    The ability to save lighting set-ups both with and independent of scene files like materials and be able to load them up later so I could just build my own standard set-up. (To include point lights and spotlights that you make, basically a lighting scene file)
    Yeah, you can do it hacky now and just load into a scene file you have saved and then swap models, but I'd like an actual version so I don't have to check those damn warning boxes every time for model dropping.

Check Box: Turn off all warnings:
    Playing with fire I know, but sometimes it'd be nice.
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    You already can save camera positions with a scene using the right-hand side of the UI. Hit the plus to add a camera, position it and lock it. Having them bound to ctrl 1 to 0 though would be nice, although ctrl is already used for rotate model.

+1 to the rest of your suggestions, and also what ZacD/almighty_gir said could be cool. Very cool.
  • Grimm_Wrecking
    Offline / Send Message
    Grimm_Wrecking polycounter lvl 8
    One more.

Manipulator handle for Mesh/mesh group.

Just plain ol' x/y/z with a rot option would make me happy.

I'd never really messed around with moving a mesh in the viewer, until the sword. Lots of bad words ensued.

My suggestion, instead of only holding control, add the ability to doubletap ctrl or do ctrl + q to activate and lock manipulator mode on the mesh(s) and w for move e for rotate when in that mode. World Space based.
  • MrNinjutsu
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNinjutsu greentooth
    either create a feature like Sketchfab, or team up with them, or use your unity skybox tool to create a unity based plugin that does the same thing, or anything...

because i hate the sketchfab shaders, but want to let people view my models online.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

This!
  • JohnnyTheKid
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyTheKid polycounter lvl 9

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

THIS! :)
  • DInusty
    Offline / Send Message
    DInusty polycounter lvl 17
    Man it would be awesome to have some type of threshold blending that we input via vertex paint or something like that. painting in editor would be the best but don't want to shoot too high :) just a way to blend. maybe there is already as well since i didn't used TB1

Keep it up guys!
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    hope i am not too late, few wish list items:

1. some basic color correction sliders for the background skybox. sometimes it helps to be able to just adjust the background skybox without affecting the models. also a slider to adjust blur for the skybox would be great.

2. toggle show/hide all UI

3. shadow receive toggle per material or per mesh.

4. light to mesh linking (making certain light only affect selected mesh)

5. shadow intensity setting per mesh and per material (per mesh is higher priority)
  • seth.
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    hey MM....I think that point 2 is covered by the space bar...im not in app at the moment and I may not be understanding your request clearly.
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Yeah, the spacebar can already be used to hide the UI. :)
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    seth. wrote: »
    hey MM....I think that point 2 is covered by the space bar...im not in app at the moment and I may not be understanding your request clearly.

thanks, that is it. :poly121: i should have researched it more.

cross that off the list...