Replies

• metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Froyok wrote: »
    Hey ! I just tested Knald on my GTX 470 and it runs perfectly fine ! <3

knald.jpg

I would just suggest the possibility to output textures bigger than the texture you load. I work on a little 512² normal map and I wanted to output a 1024² AO map (from the low-poly). There is no way for me to do this ? Unless I load a bigger texture and then I will get the texture size I want ?

Another thing on the 3D Viewer, it would be cool to be able to Pan and Rotate as we want. Currently the vertically rotation is blocked (and maybe adding a "frame" button like in zBrush). While for characters it's maybe ok, but for props and other things I feel it's a bit limiting.
    Great! Thanks for the kind words. :)
    I will see what I can do about your suggestions.
    Panadol wrote: »
    Thanks guys, it is working great now.
    Awesome! :)
    Harbinger wrote: »
    Loving Knald so far! The very high quality concavity/convexity maps are the best part for my workflow.

One thing I'd love to see is a checkbox in the Export settings to auto-export to the same directory that you loaded your Normal map from.
    Thanks for the kind words! I will see what I can do.
    XilenceX wrote: »
    There you go nice excuse to try posting an image on polycount. lol
    bushbranchdiffusefinaln.png

I think this is because the .png that you are importing is 16bit. Unfortunately 16bit isnt supported by UDK so the image imports garbled. Save the .png as 8bit and it will work fine. :)
  • XilenceX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XilenceX polycounter lvl 10
    Right thanks for the info. Maybe you should make a tutorial for exporting to the specific engines like UDK at some point in the future.
    Please don't wait too long with the pricing announcement. I kinda hate it when I get used to a tool and then it turns out super expensive for commerical use for individuals. ^^
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    Soo! I've been using Knald at work, mostly for getting quick AO's out of existing normals and tried to get some fast normals from diffuses.

Funny thing, I happend to click Load normal instead of Load color. So I selected what I thought would be a good base but ended up with a great normalmap. To clearify. I choose load normal but selected a photo of a rock wall. It looked something like this.

The from Knald
    RockSharp0054_1_L_normal.jpg
    Tweaked one from knald and PS
    RockSharp0054_1_L_normal_tweaked.jpg
    One completely from CB
    RockSharp0054_1_L_normal_CB.jpg

I tweaked the normal but decided the normal from knald was better. First one is knald, second one is the tweaked one. Tried to remove some of the big gradients of the normalmap in photoshop. Then I pushed the blue a bit to enhance the power of the angels I wanted.

RockSharp0054_1_L_preview.jpg
    RockSharp0054_1_L_preview2.jpg

As you can see on the Crazy Bump version it does something extremely similar, but with less nice angular shapes and with more angular noise all over.

This was a happy mistake made by me and I guess you a explanation to why this happens. Or is this like a hidden feature or something? Would be great to implement this but with some control. Right now I can take away the biggest shapes by adding highpass filters on the texture, but I can't remove the smaller features. Maybe do a gaussian blur, invert it and put it to difference.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't make you remove this "feature"? ;) Any source file you want to have a look at I'll send over, if needed.

This is the texture I used, without any tweaks. Just straight into Knald.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Just a small quip:

It made the simple user in me happy after seeing how crazy easy it was to just extract maps from a fairly photo-sourced texture in Knald within the first 1 minute.

I'm looking forward to using this program. Was thinking about buying Crazybump for the longest time, and I suppose this is a comparable competitor.
  • StK Uriziel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    when I trying bake lp ao and lp mesh has multiple object I have error like in this image
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Sorry for the belated replies everyone!
    XilenceX wrote: »
    Right thanks for the info. Maybe you should make a tutorial for exporting to the specific engines like UDK at some point in the future.
    Please don't wait too long with the pricing announcement. I kinda hate it when I get used to a tool and then it turns out super expensive for commerical use for individuals. ^^
    Thanks for the comments!
    We will announce the price as soon as possible.

@sltrOlsson,
    Looks great! Don't worry, we have no intention of removing this happy mistake. ;)
    Just a small quip:

It made the simple user in me happy after seeing how crazy easy it was to just extract maps from a fairly photo-sourced texture in Knald within the first 1 minute.

I'm looking forward to using this program. Was thinking about buying Crazybump for the longest time, and I suppose this is a comparable competitor.
    Glad you are enjoying Knald! :D
    when I trying bake lp ao and lp mesh has multiple object I have error like in this image

That looks like it is due to the mesh being mirrored though one side of the mesh isn't 100% symmetrical and is casting a shadow. Try swapping the UVs for that part (offsetting the current UV island that is not offset with the one that is) and see how you get along.
    If that doesn't work I would be happy to take a look at the mesh.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    Hey guys, this looks really promising we'll test it in an upcoming production to save time on the AO baking side of the production. lets see if the loss in quality is worth the gain in time.
    However I have a question, but I didn't read the whole thread.
    Would it be possible to create coloured AO? not just black and white, but with bounces from an applied diffuse texture?
  • mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    @sltrOlsson,
    Looks great! Don't worry, we have no intention of removing this happy mistake. ;)

Best mistake ever:
    6K2tWgS.jpg

Damn knald is awesome, it took longer for me to upload that image than it did to make it. Seriously impressed guys :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Neox wrote: »
    Hey guys, this looks really promising we'll test it in an upcoming production to save time on the AO baking side of the production. lets see if the loss in quality is worth the gain in time.
    Would it be possible to create coloured AO? not just black and white, but with bounces from an applied diffuse texture?

this would be sick... even more so if you could add in some kind of cubemap bounce as well.
  • Y_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Y_M polycounter lvl 10
    Why does knald destroy my normal map when I import it?
    Left is what I import, right is what it looks like after importing.
    knald-normals.png
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like it's generating a normal map from that as if it were a height map.
  • mmikkelsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In your case check flip green. You have green down in your normal map.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    this would be sick... even more so if you could add in some kind of cubemap bounce as well.

totally!
  • aristides
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aristides polycounter lvl 6
    Just want to take a moment to express my love to you guys. This might be the coolest thing I've ever worked with
    attachment.php?attachmentid=10522&stc=1&d=1367324773
  • Bertmac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bertmac polycounter lvl 17
    all right, i feel stupid. I've been installing this software on 5 different machines Lenovo x230T win 7
    Macbook pro 2011 os x and win 7 ati 6850 (this machine has 2 cards)
    MacPro 2011 os x and win 7 Ati 8570
    and some other machines

They all show me the same .dll error

I updated all the drivers and installed the latest release of Knald

is it something that i do wrong i would really love to test this app out.
    so yeah any help would be appreciated

thanks beforehand
  • Stormfreek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thought I may as well give my feedback here ^^

Great program, I am having a blast with it! I use it almost every time to get quick detail maps (the more maps the merrier!) and it is working brilliantly. It was great to see the fix for the ao/concavity map being the same on amd 7000 cards implemented so quickly, it was the only thing stopping me from really using it! Great stuff guys!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    totally!

So, radiosity is what you want? Might be pretty awesome actually.
  • CowKing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found what I hope is a bug. Apparently, the FirePro M5950 doesn't have double floating point support. I'm running Knald on a Dell Precision M4600. I haven't tested any other drivers as these are the fastest in 3DS Max. The drivers are the most up to date on AMD's website.

knald_m5950_zps0e05caea.jpg
  • Octo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Octo polycounter lvl 17
    Minor crit, but when you choose your 'save' directory it always defaults to the knald install folder...I'd rather have it default to the last used location.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    EarthQuake wrote: »

yeah but not like a complete map, really just the radiosity

another thing that might be pretty hand, as we do this with zbrush right now and fake stuff a bit, it would be cool if we could bake down matcaps (just litspheres with normalinput) to get stuff like metal or other funky materials baked down.
  • fr0gg1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e polycounter lvl 17
    Any plan for a linux version? We are doing a lot of normals and no bump maps anymore at work but are under linux (centos) and are out of tools for making nice normals / base heightmaps for sculpting ;(
    /sad panda
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey everyone!

We have just released a new build!

Build Number: 20130609001 – June 9th, 2013.

Knald Technologies is now on Facebook and Twitter! Like us on Facebook Here & Add us on Twitter Here.

New Features, Improvements and Optimizations
    • Improved the Integrator for use with hard surface normal maps.
    • Improved the Integrators accuracy.
    • Ambient Occlusion view is now temporarily switched to Lighting view in the 3d preview window during integration to ensure good performance.

Bug fixes
    • Fixed an issue where the tile amount display in the 3d preview window didn’t reset correctly with double middle mouse button.
    • Diffuse, Specular and obj can no longer be loaded before a input texture.
    • Fixed an issue where the integrator takes over once the Max iterations or Cont/Deriv sliders were moved.
    • The 3d Preview window will now remember its last active position when Knald is opened.
    • Knald no longer defaults to the Knald x86 install folder when loading maps.
    • Knald no longer defaults to the Knald x86 install folder when choosing an export path.
    • Knald no longer defaults to the Knald x86 install folder when choosing a Diffuse or Specular texture.
    • Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey guys,

Sorry about the super late replies.
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    yeah but not like a complete map, really just the radiosity

another thing that might be pretty hand, as we do this with zbrush right now and fake stuff a bit, it would be cool if we could bake down matcaps (just litspheres with normalinput) to get stuff like metal or other funky materials baked down.

Thanks for the idea, guys! We are looking into it :)
    mystichobo wrote: »
    Best mistake ever:
    6K2tWgS.jpg

Damn knald is awesome, it took longer for me to upload that image than it did to make it. Seriously impressed guys :)

:D Thanks!
    aristides wrote: »
    Just want to take a moment to express my love to you guys. This might be the coolest thing I've ever worked with
    attachment.php?attachmentid=10522&stc=1&d=1367324773

<3! The love is returned!
    Stormfreek wrote: »
    Thought I may as well give my feedback here ^^

Great program, I am having a blast with it! I use it almost every time to get quick detail maps (the more maps the merrier!) and it is working brilliantly. It was great to see the fix for the ao/concavity map being the same on amd 7000 cards implemented so quickly, it was the only thing stopping me from really using it! Great stuff guys!
    Awesome! Glad you are liking it :)
    CowKing wrote: »
    Found what I hope is a bug. Apparently, the FirePro M5950 doesn't have double floating point support. I'm running Knald on a Dell Precision M4600. I haven't tested any other drivers as these are the fastest in 3DS Max. The drivers are the most up to date on AMD's website.

knald_m5950_zps0e05caea.jpg

Are you still having problems?
    Octo wrote: »
    Minor crit, but when you choose your 'save' directory it always defaults to the knald install folder...I'd rather have it default to the last used location.
    This should be fixed in the newest build! Let us know if you are still having the issue. :)
    fr0gg1e wrote: »
    Any plan for a linux version? We are doing a lot of normals and no bump maps anymore at work but are under linux (centos) and are out of tools for making nice normals / base heightmaps for sculpting ;(
    /sad panda
    Linux is on the road map but we don't have a set date or anything. It would most likely be after a Mac build.
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teessider polycounter lvl 11
    Tried this out the other day...it is awesome :D!
  • CowKing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately, I'm still having problems. I fear that this is a hardware limitation. Some "workstation" card this is.
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treboras polycounter lvl 12
    "Little" problem: When I load a color image, everything works fine up until to the point where I hit "update integrator" ... normal map turns up solid grey and all other maps are solid black.

P.S.: Dual GPU system; GTX 560 ti; HD7850

cetpc0n6894g6hi98.png
  • cgilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CowKing wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'm still having problems. I fear that this is a hardware limitation. Some "workstation" card this is.

Sadly, many "Mobile" variants of AMD/nVidia GPUs lack or have significantly reduced functionality compared to their desktop peers. (Even for the same model number, the M vs Desktop version of Radeon's can have completely different core designs, feature sets, etc)

I can't find a report for that card's OCL extensions, but it's close cousin the FirePro M5800 is confirmed to not have double support in OCL.

Treboras wrote: »
    "Little" problem: When I load a color image, everything works fine up until to the point where I hit "update integrator" ... normal map turns up solid grey and all other maps are solid black.

P.S.: Dual GPU system; GTX 560 ti; HD7850

Can you post a screen capture of your Info tab? (with the OpenCL information legible)

Does the integrator popup come up and start processing when you hit update integrator?

Also, you may want to try with SLI disabled - we have seen strange driver issues with OpenCL and SLI/CrossFire in the past. (Although we believe those issues to be fixed now)
  • mmikkelsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    According to wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units

FirePro M5950 is listed as single precision only.
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treboras polycounter lvl 12
    cgilbert wrote: »
    Does the integrator popup come up and start processing when you hit update integrator?

Also, you may want to try with SLI disabled - we have seen strange driver issues with OpenCL and SLI/CrossFire in the past. (Although we believe those issues to be fixed now)

SLI / Crossfire is not possible, because of AMD / Nvidia / 2 different GPUs. When I deactivated the second card, everything is working now! FInally using Knald again ! :D
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Treboras wrote: »
    SLI / Crossfire is not possible, because of AMD / Nvidia / 2 different GPUs. When I deactivated the second card, everything is working now! FInally using Knald again ! :D

Great to hear! :)
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Is there a possiblity to feed Knald with world space normal map ? It would make the Knald + Handplane combo really powerful.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    MrOneTwo wrote: »
    Is there a possiblity to feed Knald with world space normal map ? It would make the Knald + Handplane combo really powerful.

I will enquire about this, though I'm not sure when it could be added. I will try though!
  • fisj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Knald is awesome. Very slick and intuitive. I'm a bit of an outlier and ideally would use it for integrating normal maps into displacement maps that are usually 8k x 8k sometimes 16k x 8k. Obviously you're limited by on-card VRAM, but are there any plans to implement a cpu fallback option for larger images?

Until gpus with 8gb ram roll around, I'm probably out of luck, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    I wanted to ask if this app is open source or would require a license.I can't find a license fee on the site.

Btw,by opencl,can it work with Nvidia Geoforce 9500gt (old card,I know.Will be upgrading soon)?I have the lastest drivers installed.
  • VeeJayZee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just have to say this: THANK YOU!

I downloaded and tried it. The interface is very simple and self-explanatory. I watched the vid but didn't finished it only skipping into baking AO part. I nearly pissed myself in the pants on how quick it was on AO baking. For me AO baking (especially on character/organic modeling) is such pain. Normally I feed in my objs to XSI because XSI AO is smooth and great out-of-the box, but the baking time is hell. xNormal is worse with all their jargons and a bit scratchy/dirty quality of the shadowing and its also slow. Don't get me started on the hassles of figuring out the min-max settings of the tracing if you want to get good passable accurate output.

Now with Knald its really so fast. I have no problems generation a good Normal map in my models so its not a hassle. And what you get on quality is phenomenal even its accuracy! I recommended this to my friends who's working on games. Superb. Congratulations!
  • VeeJayZee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One question though, I tried importing the normals of my gun and importing the lowpoly mesh with smooth and hard edges on it and it seems like there's a visible seamlines on the hard edge parts of the AO bake. Can this be fixed on the setting inside knald?

So far I tested it only on organic models with all smoothed edges on lowpoly. And it works great. I winder if the same can be don on weapons.
  • mmikkelsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VeeJayZee wrote: »
    One question though, I tried importing the normals of my gun and importing the lowpoly mesh with smooth and hard edges on it and it seems like there's a visible seamlines on the hard edge parts of the AO bake. Can this be fixed on the setting inside knald?

So far I tested it only on organic models with all smoothed edges on lowpoly. And it works great. I winder if the same can be don on weapons.

I'm just curious what kind of seam are you referring to?
    If you have a hard edge then there will (with any tool) be
    a discontinuity in the baked ao. Is this the seam you are referring to?
    When you bake ao off of your actual hi-res in XSI then I imagine the
    hi-res doesn't have any hard edges on it?

There are two experiments you could try just to get a better idea of the problem and maybe a possible solution.

1. How does the ao look if you just export the LP with smooth normals all over? Does this give you a usable ao for your gun?

2. The other experiment you might try is to subdivide the LP a few times in your modeler using the hard edges as variable creases and thus spit out an obj for knald that is all soft normals. So it becomes closer to something like this though possibly not as dense http://www.k-3d.org/wiki/File:Sds-cube.png
    When you try this make sure NOT to smooth the UVs. That part is very important.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey guys!

Sorry about the late reply. I haven't been getting notifications of the new posts. :(
    fisj wrote: »
    Knald is awesome. Very slick and intuitive. I'm a bit of an outlier and ideally would use it for integrating normal maps into displacement maps that are usually 8k x 8k sometimes 16k x 8k. Obviously you're limited by on-card VRAM, but are there any plans to implement a cpu fallback option for larger images?

Until gpus with 8gb ram roll around, I'm probably out of luck, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

Thanks! In theory we could do a CPU version but it would be slower than GPU.
    I will have a chat with the other guys and see what we can come up with.

melviso wrote: »
    I wanted to ask if this app is open source or would require a license.I can't find a license fee on the site.

Btw,by opencl,can it work with Nvidia Geoforce 9500gt (old card,I know.Will be upgrading soon)?I have the lastest drivers installed.

Knald is currently in a free open beta so you don't have to pay at the moment, but in the future it will become commercial software so a license fee will be charged.
    VeeJayZee wrote: »

mmikkelsen is correct. You should try exporting the mesh with all smooth normals which should give you a seamless result. :)
  • ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    This thing is great and so fu*king fast!
    And can we know roughly what is the price going to be or at least is it going to be near the cost of crazybump?
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    ivanzu wrote: »
    This thing is great and so fu*king fast!
    And can we know roughly what is the price going to be or at least is it going to be near the cost of crazybump?
    Thanks for the kind words, ivanzu! :)

Sorry I can't give any concrete information on the price yet!
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    this tool is awesome! Great stuff!

I have one problem though, I'm trying to generate AO from a normal map, but for some reason, knald keeps turning my normal map into a blobby mess. Is there any way to make it keep the normal map unchanged?

thanks!
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Peris wrote: »
    this tool is awesome! Great stuff!

I have one problem though, I'm trying to generate AO from a normal map, but for some reason, knald keeps turning my normal map into a blobby mess. Is there any way to make it keep the normal map unchanged?

thanks!
    Thanks, man!

Hmm, Are you using an alpha channel in the normal map during ingratiation? Can you post a picture of the result you are getting or send me the normal map to test?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    possible feature suggestion here, based on a current limitation:

would it be possible for Knald to load up an OBJ or an FBX file, and recognise the material ID's on the model? would it then be possible to bake maps (like geometry AO and the super secret one that's coming) based on the material ID's uv's?

so for example:
    i have a character model whos head is on one uv sheet and whos body is on another. in max they are a single object with two material id's.

i want to load that one object into knald, and be able to load one normalmap for one material id, and another normal map for the second id. and then be able to bake out maps based on the total geometry.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    awesome software.
    however, i am having problem exporting 4k map. 2k maps work perfectly and pretty fast. 4k maps process pretty fast too but crashes on export everytime.

my vram is 4gb so it should not be a vram issue.
    here is screenshot of the knald openCL info panel

IP9Vu8j.jpg
  • Bubba91873
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bubba91873 polygon
    Can this program load a high poly and a low poly "hard-surface" obj's and spit out awesome that fast with the gpu renderer ?
    I heard in the video that it can handle up to 2 mill polys so I am assuming that could include both high and low objs exploded for fast clean maps ? No need for cages in this prog ?

Forgive the noob questions.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    possible feature suggestion here, based on a current limitation:

would it be possible for Knald to load up an OBJ or an FBX file, and recognise the material ID's on the model? would it then be possible to bake maps (like geometry AO and the super secret one that's coming) based on the material ID's uv's?

so for example:
    i have a character model whos head is on one uv sheet and whos body is on another. in max they are a single object with two material id's.

i want to load that one object into knald, and be able to load one normalmap for one material id, and another normal map for the second id. and then be able to bake out maps based on the total geometry.
    I will have to think a little about that, mate. I can see why you would want this but I'm not sure if it is possible but I will have a word. :)
    MM wrote: »
    awesome software.
    however, i am having problem exporting 4k map. 2k maps work perfectly and pretty fast. 4k maps process pretty fast too but crashes on export everytime.

my vram is 4gb so it should not be a vram issue.
    here is screenshot of the knald openCL info panel

IP9Vu8j.jpg

Thanks for the kind words!
    Can you tell me what your system specs are please? GPU, OS version etc. would be great.
    Also are you running the latest drivers?
    Bubba91873 wrote: »
    Can this program load a high poly and a low poly "hard-surface" obj's and spit out awesome that fast with the gpu renderer ?
    I heard in the video that it can handle up to 2 mill polys so I am assuming that could include both high and low objs exploded for fast clean maps ? No need for cages in this prog ?

Forgive the noob questions.
    Knald isn't a baker per se but you can load 2m poly meshes to bake AO as long as they have UVs. I normally use a subd version of my LP mesh or the HP model if it has the same UVs as the LP that I am texturing.
    Hope the helps!
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Can you tell me what your system specs are please? GPU, OS version etc. would be great.
    Also are you running the latest drivers?

yea the software is amazing and the normal map to cavity is quite the time saver.

as for specs, here they are:

CPU: i7 3930k
    GPU: AMD Firepro W7000 4gb vram
    RAM: 32GB

i am running certified drivers for Firepro which is version 9.3.3.0 and works great for all Autodesk apps and things like UDK, Cryengine and even all latest PC games so I doubt it is isolated to the GPU.

did you guys test exporting 4k maps ?

for now, i have broken the 4k into 4 x 2k maps and combine them later in PS.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    MM wrote: »
    yea the software is amazing and the normal map to cavity is quite the time saver.

as for specs, here they are:

CPU: i7 3930k
    GPU: AMD Firepro W7000 4gb vram
    RAM: 32GB

i am running certified drivers for Firepro which is version 9.3.3.0 and works great for all Autodesk apps and things like UDK, Cryengine and even all latest PC games so I doubt it is isolated to the GPU.

did you guys test exporting 4k maps ?

for now, i have broken the 4k into 4 x 2k maps and combine them later in PS.

Thanks for the info :)
    4k maps should export perfectly and we have tested on AMD and Nvidia cards quite robustly here with everything working ok on multiple (consumer) cards.
    Regarding the driver updates...OpenCL is relatively immature so often updating them can make a huge difference to fixing an issue like this so it would definitely be worth a shot I think if you can get a more recent certified driver.

Is this the correct driver for your card?
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_win7-64.aspx

One thing you also could try is exporting the maps on another machine to see if that works.

Cheers!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I will have to think a little about that, mate. I can see why you would want this but I'm not sure if it is possible but I will have a word. :)

cheers man.

it might even be possible to do it the way Mari does it? where instead of going on material ID you can offset UV's by +1 or +2 depending on the set.

so like, the head would be in 0 - 1 space, the body would be 1 - 2 space.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any chance of BMP support as an image format?