Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tree House

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
LaurentiuN interpolator
Hello,
This is my first thread on this amazing community, so i want to share with you my work in progress.

Concept Art -> http://logartis.deviantart.com/art/Treehouse-334977991

Things to do next:

- model the house ( i will be making also the interior )
- model some scaffolds ( pillars ) to support the structure
- model more props
- optimize the tree ( here i want some feedback, i dont know if 9k tris is to much because the player will be very close to the tree, so i want to know what you think )

I would appreciate your C&C, so here are some PRTscreens from 3ds max using xoliul shader ( only normal map ) on the model.

prt_01.jpg prt_02.jpg

prt_03.jpg prt_03_wire.jpg

Roc_K_House_01.jpg Tree_House_01.jpg

Replies

• pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Lookin good so far.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBNF4jYuKx-mVV2vgpIyBie2Q6c0NprkorlKAy02efnHCyYgsJ5w
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    I found some inspiring picture for the interior and also started some texturing for the rock and the tree. C&C apprecated !!!

interior_inspiration.jpg

ts1.png

ts2.png

ts3.png

ts4.png
  • nukes
    Offline / Send Message
    nukes polycounter lvl 4
    Good start mate,
    On the tree I think you could lose a lot of loops on extremities, especially if you make the leafs more fluffy and will hide the branches.

Keep it up!:thumbup:
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    nukes wrote: »
    Good start mate,
    On the tree I think you could lose a lot of loops on extremities, especially if you make the leafs more fluffy and will hide the branches.

Keep it up!:thumbup:

Thx mate, i will optimize as much as i can...

I have a question to you guy`s, it is ok to make lightmap in 3ds max and import in UDK into material ? I have try`d to make it in UDK but is a pain in the ass, it will be only for portfolio. Screens when i go home. Thx
  • tweekedgirl
    Offline / Send Message
    tweekedgirl polycounter lvl 4
    s1dK wrote: »
    Thx mate, i will optimize as much as i can...

I have a question to you guy`s, it is ok to make lightmap in 3ds max and import in UDK into material ? I have try`d to make it in UDK but is a pain in the ass, it will be only for portfolio. Screens when i go home. Thx

Yes, if anything UDK's lightmap creator is okay at best and seems to break a model up into an unnecessary amount of pieces. Making it in Max gives you 100% control and will create a nicer result.
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Yes, if anything UDK's lightmap creator is okay at best and seems to break a model up into an unnecessary amount of pieces. Making it in Max gives you 100% control and will create a nicer result.

- Lightmap made in 3ds max

- Some Screens from UDK, i know there is more work to do, but this is still WIP. C&C required !!!

image.png[/url]

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png
  • pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    I really think you should ditch your roof treatment on the inside of your tree house, all your concepts (of the interior) you showed, visually describe exposed support beams and you can see the underside of the roof, it's a lot more visually interesting (stronger silhouette), and gives the structure more Believability.

Why is there a rock coming up through the floorboards? And why is the floor damaged? If it was a growing branch coming up through the structure I could understand the treatment, but currently it looks like a boulder. Yet if this home was built up there, they'd build around the branches, concepts/images I googled show framed out sections that incorporate these elements into the structure and were taken into consideration upon it's construction. Still diggin this though, keep going!

I'd strongly consider you to frame out the tree house for this piece, meaning place the beams, and supports, if there is a branch coming up through the floor, incorporate it into the design, build around it like your concepts show....once the framing is done, then slap on the siding, it'll give you a stronger piece in the end.