Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - Starfall - TeamKill

Update - TeamKill:
Impala88
Wombatinahat

Ok. This scene is going to be an idea that i've had in my head for about 2 weeks now, and i'm glad i finally have an excuse to start it!

Basically here it is.

A bit of Backstory
A planet, home to a near human race of intelligent beings, using an as of now unknown energy source as their main power and utilising technology that resembles ancient architectural structures rather than electricity and modern computers we know and use today. Edit: adding - This race is basically what we'd class as gods. Their typical world and lifestyle is similar to that of heaven in Diablo 3.

But, they've run out of time. Meteors rain down, everything is in ruins and they've been forced to leave their home and take to the stars.

I intend to make use of any and all ancient mythilogical and fantasy designs of architecture to come up with a mixture of themes as my structural designs.

The main scene will comprise of a corridor area flanked by large pillars and possibly statues, all of which are damaged and/or collapsed in places. rubble litters the ground, and the area is filled with spots of fire, dust, ash and other things. I doubt i'll be putting in any foliage, i'm going for a more asgard feel of a central temple chamber.

however one key area i plan to have is a large hole in either the roof or the back/far wall, where you can see out and look at meteors in the distance and space craft taking off/entering the clouds to escape.

I want it to have an epic feel, but at the same time, not be a massive room/area. I may possible make a city mesh that you might be able to see in the distance looking down upon, but that depends on the final camera angle and/or the mesh if it's blocking your view anyway.

Current Progress: high poly asset creation

ESCAPE_Starfall_floor_02.jpg

ESCAPE-Starfall_16.jpg

Preliminary Research
research01.jpg
research02i.jpg
research03.jpg

Replies