Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Three environments, one group

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Nuclear Angel polycounter
Hi polycount, this is a WIP and preview thread for a group that I am leading in school for an environment task.

I am in a class in my last year of high-school i guess (Swedish system).Our class have gotten an assignment were the class is divided in to three groups. Each group is assigned an environment. After a certain time of weeks we hand over our environment to the next group and take over. This means that each group work on each environment, and that the environment you started is not the one you finish.
The time were we are working on a certain environment I call a timespan. The first timespan we model and plan. Second timespan we UV and texture. Third timespan we put it all together and put it in to UDK.

We also have to make a thread here and update it regularly.

The environments are the following:

Realistic

stationa.png

Fantasy

fantasyi.jpg

Sci-Fi

sciencefiction.jpg

My groups first timespan we will work on the realistic environment. We will model it and make all the props needed. The next group will texture and unwrap our work. So when I write goodbye, I will move on to one of the other groups threads (I will get to texture the fantasy part and put together the Sci-Fi).

Quick concept of the idea

asteroidconcept.png

More will come of what we will do and progress and WIPs.

So critiques and comments when we post something to critique. But until then, comments are free to drop :poly121:

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    So my group has now finished the blockouts of all the base objects for the realism scene. I will post pictures for the members as none of them has posted anything here. I am the art director for this little school project, so none of these assets were made by me. But the group has done realy well considering that e are only high-school students (last year).

Beauty shot

beautyshot.png

And here are the assets for the environment

assetlist.png

So to the group that comes after us, that will texture this, I say good luck. But what my group will do the next week will be to texture the fantasy environment (pictures above), which another group has blocked out. So crits are welcome, and thanks for your time. ^^
  • richwderby
    Offline / Send Message
    richwderby polycounter lvl 6
    Take a look at the website below, if you want inspiration for the gas station

http://www.adamkent3d.com/index.html
  • Benton
    This is high school for you? Here I have math and language arts and you do modeling!?! :P
  • Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Benton wrote: »
    This is high school for you? Here I have math and language arts and you do modeling!?! :P

Haha I guess so! =P In Sweden you go 9 years elementary school, then you can go 3 years of "gymnasie" (= highschool), just that you can choose what you want to focus on in the gymnasie. And I choose game development. :thumbup:

But well, any crits? :poly122: