Home Technical Talk

Nightshade UV Editor version 1.2 now available (Maya)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/texturing/c/nightshade-uv-editor
(It's for AUTODESK MAYA)

New features: Straighten UV shell, Orient to edge, Match UVs, Quick unfold, Quick unfold (U or V only), Quick relax, and more buttons to the advanced UV manipulator (store value in variable, add/subtract 10, add/subtract 0.25.

Also added buttons for cycling edge colors and activating the "Select shortest edge path" -tool

:: ABOUT ::

Nightshade UV Editor extends the default functionality of Maya's native UV Texture Editor with the following tools:

-Straighten UV shell: Straightens a shell along an edge loop or ring, and unfolds everything around it.
-Orient UV shells: Orients UV shells so that their bounding box is as small as possible. Almost always results in straight shells.
-Orient edge: Orient UV shell so that the selection runs horizontally or vertically. Great for custom orientation)
-Stack UV shells: Stack UV shells on top of each other.
-Match UV shells: Match UVs to their closest neighbors. Great to use in conjunction with "stack"

-Center UV shells: Places UV shells in the middle at 0.5u 0.5v
-Spread UV shells: Performs a UV shell layout that does not scale your shells or rotate them in a weird way.
-Rotate 90/180 degrees: Rotate shells CW or CCW 90/180 degrees.
-Tear off faces: Converts a face selection into a UV shell.
-Quick unfold: Buttons for quickly unfolding along U, V or in both directions with optimal unfold settings.
-Quick relax: Button for quickly relaxing a UV shell with optimal relax settings.

-Advanced UV manipulator: For quickly manipulating UV coords without having to type in new field values like a maniac all the time. In fact, you can do it entirely with just the mouse now - and even store manipulation values in variables for later use.
-Calculate UV utilization: Fast Python script by Guido Neumann that calculates how much space your UV shell scover (0->1 U and V).
-Measure pixel distance: Select two UVs and measure the distance in pixels between them. Excellent when you need to pack your shells tightly but want to avoid having to do a million snapshots.

-Powerful aligner: Aligns UV shells to the right, left, button, top or average U/V
-Push/Move UVs to average U or V: Maya has the tools for pushing UVs to the furthest right/left/bottom/top by default but it does not have the tool for pushing them to the average U or V. Now you have that option.
-Measure UV distance: Measure the U or V distance between two UVs.
-Retain component spacing checkbox: Now you no longer have to go into the Tool Settings window to toggle this.

-Integrated UV Set Editor: All the functionality of the default UV Set Editor is integrated. Also comes witha snapshot button.
-Texel density control: For quickly scaling UV shells so that they have the same texel resolution.
-Cycle edge colors: Change color on selected edges by switching back and forth between Maya's preset colors.

Screenshot:
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/1679/screenshotv12.jpg

Replies

• Scruples
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Aaaaand suddenly Maya sports the best in-program UV unwrapper, only thing missing would be a way to visualize stretching ala Headus, this looks amazing Nightshade.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BARDLER
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Ooooo that looks awesome. I love the quick vertical and horizontal unfold.
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I like it a lot, but no so much the fact that it overwrote the default UV editor. (Or I think so)

I don't know where to find the Relax and Unfold sliders, which are my most used UV tool.

Where would I find that tool in the menus? I tried, but no luck.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the comments guys.
    If you need a good unwrapper that also comes with an awesome stretch shader, check out Roadkill Pro - I use it all the time at work and can't imagine using something else :D
    Joopson wrote: »
    I like it a lot, but no so much the fact that it overwrote the default UV editor. (Or I think so)

I don't know where to find the Relax and Unfold sliders, which are my most used UV tool.

Where would I find that tool in the menus? I tried, but no luck.
    It doesn't physically overwrite the default editor but yea, it will replace it. The original will always be located in installDir\Autodesk\Maya2012\scripts\others\
    ...while my editor will always be in the c:\Users\ USER \Documents\maya\ VERSION \scripts\ -folder

This because it's the only way to add buttons on the top bar (the UI is located in the textureWindowCreateToolBar.mel -file) - the alternative would be to have all the "new" features on the side bar and that would simply be too crowded.

The relax and unfold tools can be found under the main menu in the window - under "Polygons". You can also find it on the marking menu (shift right click when you have a UV selection). There it is called "Smooth UV tool".

EDIT: Also there was a bug with the stack UV shell tool in the initial release that causes it to not work properly (or at all). This has been now been corrected.
  • Shanthosa
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanthosa polycounter lvl 11
    This tool is great! It seems to run fine in 2013. Are there any known compatibility problems? Stack and match UV's is great. A definite quality of life improvement haha.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    The only compatibility problem that I'm aware of is the fact that I haven't fixed all features for the maya 2009-2010 version :P

Performance problems: The texel density control, orient shells, unfolds and other features that builds big arrays or runs many shells thru a for-loop might cause Maya to crash if you try and run them on something really big (like all assets in a level).

When this happens it's because Maya runs out of memory. Every PC at work only has 8 GB of really slow RAM and our level designer has got a few crashes when he has been silly enough to try and run the texel density -stuff on an entire level for example (lol). Nothing I can do about it really because the texel density control runs on Maya's "unfold" -command. So yea... all the crashes I've noticed haven't been because of bad code or anything but due to the limitations of the hardware, Maya or both.
  • Sean VanGorder
    This looks fantastic man, psyched to give it a try. I sent it around the studio and I'll let you know if we encounter any issues.
  • Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    EDIT:
    I wasn't running the command 'NightshadeUVEditor' I thought it just worked over top of the standard editor. Sorry for not reading install instructions. :)
  • Sean VanGorder
    Is there any way you could add a way to specify what units you are working in with the texel density tool? I'd like to be able to set it for pixels/meter similar to how UV Deluxe handles it.

Loving the other tools so far. Thanks again.
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    This looks absolutely phenomenal. I'll give it a whirl tonight!
  • Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Also, would there be a way to pick the texel density? like the average of all faces/uv shells selected?
    I've used the tools all day and I'm really grateful for the Unfold U and Unfold V. :)
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuck yeah Nightshade! This additions have carved a swath in my list of complaints about maya's uv editor. Every maya user should donate to this man!

2 quick things I noticed (that don't really matter that much):

1) I accidentally opened up mayas default uv editor, and when I did, the workspace for the Nightshade editor turned into my perspective camera.

2) When you calculate the uv space percentage, the workspace goes empty as if you didn't have any object selected.
  • bugo
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    this is really good NIghtShade, to complete it, would u add the not just the UV move, but can we have Scale proportionally too? If there is, i didnt see it.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there any way you could add a way to specify what units you are working in with the texel density tool? I'd like to be able to set it for pixels/meter similar to how UV Deluxe handles it.

Loving the other tools so far. Thanks again.

I'm afraid not but this is actually very easy to implement. I will definetly add it to my "todo"-list. Thanks!

Avanthera wrote: »
    Also, would there be a way to pick the texel density? like the average of all faces/uv shells selected?
    I've used the tools all day and I'm really grateful for the Unfold U and Unfold V. :)

More sophisticated texel density tools will definetly be available in the future.
    Picking the average TD from a couple faces - that's a really cool idea. That will go to my "todo"-list as well, thanks!
    darbeenbo wrote: »
    Fuck yeah Nightshade! This additions have carved a swath in my list of complaints about maya's uv editor. Every maya user should donate to this man!

2 quick things I noticed (that don't really matter that much):

1) I accidentally opened up mayas default uv editor, and when I did, the workspace for the Nightshade editor turned into my perspective camera.

2) When you calculate the uv space percentage, the workspace goes empty as if you didn't have any object selected.

1) Yes this is a bug that I'm aware of but has been too lazy to fix. What happens is that both the native UV set editor, and my UV editor, creates and deletes the same UI-object.
    So when one of them opens, they kinda reserve that object name so that the other one can't open and function properly. I'll fix this ASAP.

2) Yes this is one of many things I don't like about Neumann's python script. Since I don't know much Python I'm not really sure what to do in order to fix this.
    I will replace his script though as soon as I start learning Python myself and start working on my own MEL/Python hybrid of the UV calc script. One thing that really bugs me is that you can't really perform an UV calc if you have multiple meshes selected. This is a big flaw in the script imo.
    bugo wrote: »
    this is really good NIghtShade, to complete it, would u add the not just the UV move, but can we have Scale proportionally too? If there is, i didnt see it.

I'm not 100% sure what you are relating to so please ellaborate. Are you talking about the scale function for the advanced UV-manipulator or Maya's native scaling tool? (R button)
  • Bal
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    This looks pretty cool!
    After a quick try, three things that I think you should do pop to mind right away :

1. Make the "NightshadeUVEditor" command a toggle, so that when you re-execute it and the window is already open it closes it. I have my UV editor (and Hypershade etc.) set up like this and it's really nice (I feel all commands that open new windows should toggle their closure as well).

2. Please don't lock the windows size, it's really annoying not being able to make it smaller. Sometimes depending on what kind of work you're doing you just need a small preview of the UVs and want to resize the window so it doesn't take up too much space.

3. Similarly, it would be nice to be able to hide the left menu somehow, not sure if this is possible (like you can hide each segment of the top menu bar).

The tools look cool otherwise, will test it more.

You suggest Roadkill Pro as a good unwrapper, but it's not publically available, and I dread the day I need to switch to 2013, as I doubt he'll update it again. :(
    So yeah I'd love to find a free alternative, surprised there aren't even any free versions of his stretch shader.

EDIT : Oh and many of the tools aren't redoable (g key), like the unfold horizontal/vertical for example, if you want to be consistent with Maya they should be I think.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    1) I might add that in the future, but in the meantime you can use this command in your toggle:
    deleteUI uvTextureEditor;

(since my UV editor is embedded in the native one, they have the same name on their window: uvTextureEditor)

2) Okay, I'll hotfix that

3) This can also easily be implemented. I'll add this to my todo-list

4) This is sloppyness on my behalf and will be hotfixed coz it's like one extra line of code per custom tool lacking this
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    ya to make thigns work with the G key you can more or less define what gets repeated in your script, there is a undocumenated command called repeatLast, that lets you assinge a command to be repeated.

though the syntax is kinda fucked up, but it still works all the same.
  • talood
    is there a problem with the link?
    its not letting me go through
  • talood
    Nevermind, thanks for this heavenly tool
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby wrote: »
    ya to make thigns work with the G key you can more or less define what gets repeated in your script, there is a undocumenated command called repeatLast, that lets you assinge a command to be repeated.

though the syntax is kinda fucked up, but it still works all the same.

What I thought I had missed is to add the "commandRepeatable" -flag to my custom buttons. Turns out I haven't - so all buttons that are supposed to have repeatable commands, currently has them.

People should keep in mind though that commandRepeatable is just a flag that tells Maya that a certain UI element will run it's command again if this "repeatLast" -command that you talk about is executed (repeatLast is bound to G by default). So if you for example, does a new selection command (such as expanding your selection to cover an entire shell) then stack, orient or whatever command you used last, is no longer the last command... The last command was a selection expansion.

But if you for some reason do find a button that does not seem to have this flag when it should, please tell me which button it is so I can have a look at it.
  • Bal
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    It doesn't seem to work for any of the buttons I've tried (like unfold horizontal/vertical, or the align tools, or lots of other random ones).
    I'm just opening up the UV window, selecting some UVs, pressing a button, selecting some other UVs, pressing G, and it's not redoing it, while my usual UV shortcuts work fine.
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    If you switch your iconTextButton to shelfButton the users will automatically be able to call the function with the G key (and also be able to drag the function in their shelf). Otherwise in my scripts I use the repeatLast command.

Like this :
    iconTextButton 
        -style "iconOnly"
        -image1 "froyok/froTools_uvcut.png" 
        -annotation "Cut selected UV edges"
        -command "polyPerformAction polyMapCut e 0; repeatLast -ac \"polyPerformAction polyMapCut e 0;\"  -acl \"Cut UV\"";

• Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to work for any of the buttons I've tried (like unfold horizontal/vertical, or the align tools, or lots of other random ones).
    I'm just opening up the UV window, selecting some UVs, pressing a button, selecting some other UVs, pressing G, and it's not redoing it, while my usual UV shortcuts work fine.

I see. Well this is very weird because it does work for me.
    I unfold or align something, then select some other shells with the mouse and press G and the command is repeated.

Are you using Maya 2013? I'm on 2012 (I doubt it is this though)
    Froyok wrote: »
    If you switch your iconTextButton to shelfButton the users will automatically be able to call the function with the G key (and also be able to drag the function in their shelf). Otherwise in my scripts I use the repeatLast command.

Like this :
    iconTextButton 
        -style "iconOnly"
        -image1 "froyok/froTools_uvcut.png" 
        -annotation "Cut selected UV edges"
        -command "polyPerformAction polyMapCut e 0; repeatLast -ac \"polyPerformAction polyMapCut e 0;\"  -acl \"Cut UV\"";

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your code. I will definetly check this out!
  • Bal
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Weird, I'm on Maya 2011x64, will try at home later with 2012.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    get a error when trying to stack shells in maya 2012
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Chris/Documents/maya/2012-x64/scripts/textureWindowCreateToolBar.mel line 872: Cannot convert data of type string to type float[]. // 

this also uncovers something really bad when the program errors, when a operation starts you have the undo stack turned off so it dosnt get filled with small junk operations, but in the case of a error it remains off which can really fuck people over if they don't notice that.

not sure about mel, but in python you got ways of dealing with exepctions, and actions to do in case one happens such as turning the undo stack back on, and printing a better error message.

also do you plan on making any changes to the marking menus for UV's in the future, would be interesting to see that happen and i prolly will just add some of the more commonly used tools to the shift+rmb uv one too eventually.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    get a error when trying to stack shells in maya 2012
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Chris/Documents/maya/2012-x64/scripts/textureWindowCreateToolBar.mel line 872: Cannot convert data of type string to type float[]. // 

this also uncovers something really bad when the program errors, when a operation starts you have the undo stack turned off so it dosnt get filled with small junk operations, but in the case of a error it remains off which can really fuck people over if they don't notice that.

not sure about mel, but in python you got ways of dealing with exepctions, and actions to do in case one happens such as turning the undo stack back on, and printing a better error message.

also do you plan on making any changes to the marking menus for UV's in the future, would be interesting to see that happen and i prolly will just add some of the more commonly used tools to the shift+rmb uv one too eventually.

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes that issue with the stack UV shells -function was hotfixed a couple hours after I released v1.2. Download the zip again and things should be working as expected. Turns out one line of code had been deleted by mistake.

Regarding exceptions: MEL has a command called "catch" that can be used on individual snippets of code and/or on whole procedures (I think?)
    catch (`myProceduren`); should afaik continue the execution even if something fail at runtime.

Marking menues: This isn't something I've really thought about before but it's entirely possible: I'm open to suggestions, so if you have any ideas on how that menu should look like then let me know.
  • Bertmac
    Offline / Send Message
    Bertmac polycounter lvl 17
    thanks its always intresting to test out some new UV toolos for maya. was just about to unwrap a model so i will test heavily on it with your uvmap tool
    thanks again
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    ya defiantly move uv's should be in the menu most of the more commenly used tools are already there, also you should look into having persistent settings for things such as retain Comp. spaceing.

you can accomplish this with the optionsVar Command.
    http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2010help/Commands/optionVar.html

edit:

some tools for making uv's for tileing textures would be cool too, such as a key to uniformly scale a island so it fits into the U or the V space, and tools to auto alig a uv elemeant to one of hte borders of the 0 to 1 space.

can kinda already do the aling bit, just need to get one island in place first than use the current tools.
  • Nagibator
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    ya defiantly move uv's should be in the menu most of the more commenly used tools are already there, also you should look into having persistent settings for things such as retain Comp. spaceing.

you can accomplish this with the optionsVar Command.
    http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2010help/Commands/optionVar.html

edit:

some tools for making uv's for tileing textures would be cool too, such as a key to uniformly scale a island so it fits into the U or the V space, and tools to auto alig a uv elemeant to one of hte borders of the 0 to 1 space.

can kinda already do the aling bit, just need to get one island in place first than use the current tools.
    All good suggestions - I'll add that to my todo -list.
    I appreciate all your ideas/feedback - it's all very valuable.

Regarding your edit:
    What you are talking about is what Maya calls "Normalize". Normalize auto-stretches your selection to cover the 0->1 perfectly. There's also "Unitize" which is exactly like "Normalize" but applies to each individual faces of your selection. These features are on my todo -list already and will be implemented in the next version.
    Nagibator wrote: »
    Looks like Maya's "Transfer Maps" just a little bit better.

I won't do anything like that for my UV editor but I might end up making such a tool in the future.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    ya not exactly what i was thinking but i found a other solution, and might script my own way to do that later on.

havent had a chance to peek at your code yet but i find the match UV's quite slow compared to the same operation in UVdeulux, not sure if that is just due to the faster execution speed of python compared to mel or if there is somethign else going on.
  • Sugus
    Offline / Send Message
    Sugus polycounter lvl 7
    I´m going to give this a try, thanks for sharing and spending time on this! :)
  • badmouse
    Offline / Send Message
    badmouse polycounter lvl 8
    Looks helpful. Will be great a video showing all you can do with your tool.
  • [HP]
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Gave this a proper try today, Im on Maya2013, works really well! Thank you, will be using this from here on in for sure.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    ya not exactly what i was thinking but i found a other solution, and might script my own way to do that later on.

havent had a chance to peek at your code yet but i find the match UV's quite slow compared to the same operation in UVdeulux, not sure if that is just due to the faster execution speed of python compared to mel or if there is somethign else going on.
    Yea there are a couple of procedures I would like to change into Python or PyMEL in the future - match UVs is one of them. I still need to learn Python though so don't hold your breath (I have no ETA) :P
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    ya when i have some time i cold rewrite your match procedure in python.

also if you want to go aobut jump from mel to maya, you should prolly just use the maya.cmds and stick away from pymel, since useing maya.cmds is more similar to mel, since it allows a purely procedural scripting style like mel.

pymel will force you into learning some object oriented programming which is very powerfull but is much differnt.

also maya.cmds runs a bit faster than pymel being more direct.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, thanks for the headsup.
    I don't necessarly consider learning OO-thinking a bad thing though. One day I would like to learn C++ after all (when I'm getting time for that I have no damn idea about) since I have this crazy idea of maybe becomming a Technical Artist sometime in the future (that comes with a lot of work experience though...)
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    ya wasn't saying it is bad, just saying OO programming is quite different from procedural, and pymel forces you into it, while with maya.cmds it isn't object oriented, unless you build your own classes and objects.

like i personally much prefer working with OOP concepts than not, which is why i have never went back to mel after moving to python for anything that isn't needed.

oh and good luck trying to get into c++, i always found it a harder language to fully understand all the concepts of, even when compared to c#.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 9
    Any plans on adding loop or ring tools as well as being able to straighten multiple uv edges rather then collapsing them all

p7C2w.jpg?1
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Any plans on adding loop or ring tools as well as being able to straighten multiple uv edges rather then collapsing them all
    Yes I'm working on such a feature right now. I can't promise it will be in the next version but it will be implemented in the future.
  • OrganizedChaos
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    This is a pretty n00b question, but is there any way to toggle between selecting just shells and selecting just uv verts?
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
    Really good job ! i'm really waiting the straighten working on a full shell at once !

I also noticed that the "orient uv shell with selected edge function" is not working with a border edge of a uv shell ... Wich is really needed for video games !

I noticed a problem with the "Move uv shell button icon" we don't know when it's on or off (i think you need to change the icon to give a feedback to the users when it's pressed or not.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    still would be nice for it to know via the UI of the uv tools.
    but the maya interface does notify you of the active tool, and if no tool is active gives you qucik access to the last used tool.

tool_active_maya.jpg

@nightshade, your app should be able to check what the current active context is with the checkCtx command which is available in both mel and python, pretty simple too takes no arguments, and returns the context name as a string.

EDIT: though still would need to find a way to use that, since olny thing i can think of off the top of my head, is to just keep checking the current context against the texMoveUVShellSuperContext context on refresh, which would be ultra inefficient. unless you can find a away to get a signal from maya when a context is dropped.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes I'm working on such a feature right now. I can't promise it will be in the next version but it will be implemented in the future.
    Move UV Shell tool - although it's a tool and not a toggle.
    I'm looking into improving this though.
    @nightshade, your app should be able to check what the current active context is with the checkCtx command which is available in both mel and python, pretty simple too takes no arguments, and returns the context name as a string.

EDIT: though still would need to find a way to use that, since olny thing i can think of off the top of my head, is to just keep checking the current context against the texMoveUVShellSuperContext context on refresh, which would be ultra inefficient. unless you can find a away to get a signal from maya when a context is dropped.
    Are you talking about a toggle for switching between moving entire UV shells and only moving UVs or did I completely lost you? *shrug*

I'm thinking that that could be made possible with a scriptJob that activates on event "SelectionChanged"

...but then you would also need something to make sure that scriptJob is ONLY active inside the UV texture editor.
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd also love for there to be a delete current uv set button :D
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    darbeenbo wrote: »
    I'd also love for there to be a delete current uv set button :D

Good idea, I'll add that to my todo -list ;)
    Currently I'm working on a new tool for Maya so there will be some time before I release v1.3 of the UV Editor. I'll probably release that new tool sometime this month though, and after that I'll work some more on the UV Editor.
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome! I'm excited to see what this new tool is.
  • acreativebox
    Offline / Send Message
    acreativebox polycounter lvl 7
    Brilliant little tool, many thanks to you! I've been using it all day :D Worked like a charm...

up until just now when I minimized the NightShade UV Editor window and it's completely gone, nothing happens when I run "NightshadeUVEditor" in the MEL-script line or when I press the shelf-shortcut I created. Going to "Panels-Saved Layouts-Persp UV Texture Editor" shows me nothing but a blank gray page so that's no help either.

halp? :(

Brilliant otherwise :D

edit: re-installed, didn't help, still nothing :[
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Well my UV Editor resides in the default window so if it's gone after minimizing then the most probable cause is that it's off-screen (common problem when you for example copy your preferences to a computer that has only one display.)

You can try deleting the UV Editor window with the following line of MEL-code:
    deleteUI uvTextureEditor;

If that doesn't work then you need to delete the userPrefs.mel in the prefs folder in your maya user directory