Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environmental Render

Wanted to know what some of you thought. This is a render using 3ds Max, and edited in photoshop
shIT1.jpg

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    How much of it was actually done in 3D? Looks like a ton of paint over and photosourcing going on to get it where it is. Also lacks any contrast so everything kind of blends together especially the rocks/mud ground and wall you have going on.
  • valdimer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Bardler thanx for posting! Only the turbine and the foreground was rendered out in 3d. The mountains behind and the sky are just photosourced
  • valdimer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see what you were saying about the lack of contrast. I've beefed up the contrast a bit and altered it...I was having resolution issues with the photo that i sourced so I did a complete Vray render out of max and then re-imported into photoshop. There's something still off with it though.LostTurbine.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    The sourced mountain look very flat. You should try just making them in 3D. The texture on the rocks feels stretched and there's a high density of detail all over the place which makes it kinda hard to look at, so clean things up a bit and put emphasis on the focal point.
    Also, the chipped paint effect looks very random. I suppose the damage should be strongest at the parts facing the direction of movement.
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    Honestly the previous version was way better... getting rid of the sky made it less interesting and the lighting across the turbine was much more beautiful. Id go back to the other one but still add contrast. one thing you can do is darken the rocks to make the turbine more of a focal point.
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
  • valdimer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay i've taken all of your input. To be perfectly honest it was put together pretty ad hoc. I was just dinkying around in Max and decided to see what I could do with it. I'm going to do a massive re-work of the scene but unfortunately I am going to be on vacation for the weekend. Cheers for all the great critiques and I'll be back on on Monday with a new rework.