Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Short Tutorial] About Apples

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Fozwroth polycounter lvl 9
This is not going to be much news to anyone But I thought I would share it anyway.

This can be applied to more than just apples of course but this is my general workflow for making such smaller props and piles to be placed in marketstands or boxes. This is a pretty quick way to get in some color and life in environments that these kind of objects fits in.

If you feel that something is unclear or I totally missed something feel free to drop a line about it =)

applestutp1.jpg

applestutp2.jpg

Replies

• yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    sweet tutorial, nicely done. you can multiply your normal by a vector3 node, B=3, G around 1.5 and R around 1.3, this will pop your normals even more. fiddle a bit with those values, keeping the blue always between .3 and .5, as this multiply can affect your spec. so play a bit with it ^^
  • Fozwroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks! I never thought about using a vector3, I will definitely try it out tonight!
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wicked nice. I could see taking this process a bit further by adding more depth to the apple plane and getting some lumpies in there, but a really fantastic way to get small items for when you need to populate a marketplace right this second.
  • Fozwroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I should probably add a few more tris to the plane and get more depth in to push it a bit further :) going to work on it some more.
  • Fozwroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a small update. Got the Green version done now too and threw in some fishes I made earlier using the same basic workflow. the fish specular works alot nicer in my night time environment though ^^

Texture size for the planes are 256 each and the single apples share a 512 texture along with some other foods, tomatoes for example

cratesp.jpg