Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Clown/The Violatorf from Spawn

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
SveinY polycounter lvl 6
Update

fU3eX.jpg
Started on making the clown from Spawn for my portfolio. started on the HP :)
Still need to fix a lot more folds and fix up some folds on the pants.

eDnIk.jpg

Z2oOG.jpg

Replies

• Julmust
    You don't find the line by nudging gently towards it -- you find the line by crossing it. To me, Clown is a nasty, obese, disgusting little man. Even though he's standing up straight he looks too thin to me. Come on, PUSH IT! :) Make him wider,shorter, fatter! He's almost three heads in height in every image.

Anatomically, the face lacks a lot of underlying muscle structure. It feels like you've just 'pushed' things without understanding how the muscles in the face behave. The eye brows usually detracts toward the ridge of the nose instead of just 'up'. The laughing line is not a straight line running around the mouth, it's two muscles overlapping. The nose doesn't just sit on top of the laughing line -- the wings of the nose actually sits 'under' the laughing line.
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks Julmust great feedback I will try to fix those faults :poly142:
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    New update... still need to fix more but soon done with HP.
    rAKNt.jpg
    gjNlz.jpg
  • matsman
    Oeh... I just figured that I would really like to see some of spawn/Mcfarelane 's work in a kind of borderlands style... that would fit very good me thinks...

Anyway... looks good... try to get all that freakish detail in there, even if it doesn't seem as natural. Also I think your torso is a bit long at the moment, the clown is a little more like Danny Devito (small and heavy but more normal proportions) than what you currently have.

Otherwise looks good!
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Hehe thx matsman for the crits :thumbup: it would be kinda cool with borderland style but not going with that style with this char :(... well anyway been way to lazy lately so haven't done much but have done some work HP is done and have done some textures on him. The lowpoly landed on about 12k tris I will maybe put some more geo on the pants to get more silhouette on them.. we will see.

v1tYt.jpg
    fU3eX.jpg
  • Stromberg90
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks great :)
    Even though I showed you this the other day, I am going to post it here since I feel they are somewhat related ;)
    XAeV4.jpg
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    HAHAHA that is hilarious stromberg :D!