Home Technical Talk

3D Coat Mirror ReTopology Question

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Caldria polycounter lvl 8
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone knows a way for me to mirror/symmetrize topology for one mesh and then be able to tweak it in 3D Coat.

For instance. I have 2 pillars that are similar, but different enough to require slightly tweaked topology (the one pillar has detail/cracks etc in slightly different areas, requiring different edgeflow)

Though I want it to have the same actual topology and tri count as the other.

I can use symmetry to mirror it exactly. But then I don't know of any way to tweak the mirrored one separately from the original.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• nyx702
    I am having a hard time understanding the question. Are you using the symmetry in 3D coat? Or mirroring it in something else then bringing it in?

In 3D coat you after you activate symmetry from the menu, on the left side toolbar near the bottom you can apply the symmetry to the model. Then turn off symmetry from the menu and you can tweak anything you want.
  • Caldria
    Offline / Send Message
    Caldria polycounter lvl 8
    I was using symmetry in 3D Coat, but thanks. I found it out by accident while busy with another part. And reading my question again, it is rather convoluted, my apologies :P

Thanks for the answer nevertheless ^^