Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My low poly environment.

interpolator

Replies

• Visceral
    I like it, however i would dig some shadows in there. Is this UDK?

Anyhow, just one thing bothers me....try inserting the images in your post instead of attaching them. I really hate imageshack ;)
  • ScubaSteve
    Offline / Send Message
    ScubaSteve polycounter lvl 17
    add some vert lighting to this scene and it be awesome DS scene
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Visceral wrote: »
    I like it, however i would dig some shadows in there. Is this UDK?

Anyhow, just one thing bothers me....try inserting the images in your post instead of attaching them. I really hate imageshack ;)

Hi, thx for your comm, its not UDK, is just 3ds max viewport, no lights, no shader, just a material with texture. I have tryed to upload with "insert image" but it gives me error.
  • jetskee96
    One thing that popped out to me is the sand over the road. I would spend a few more polys and make it more jagged all along the road.
  • sketch81
    Wicked little environment, it looks awesome. I'd also have to agree with Scuba Steve and jetskee96 about adding vertex lighting and fixing the sand texture.
    I notice your background is grey, how about adding in a sky to add that little more realism.

Keep it up and is there any chance we can see your texture sheet?
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    sketch81 wrote: »
    Wicked little environment, it looks awesome. I'd also have to agree with Scuba Steve and jetskee96 about adding vertex lighting and fixing the sand texture.
    I notice your background is grey, how about adding in a sky to add that little more realism.

Yes of course, here it is. I know that this texture could be more nice, but i was in a rush with this test...I will make some modification, Vertex color, light etc...and i will add more verts ;) thx to everyone for the c&c.

trexk.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    sketch81 wrote: »

Hi thx for comm, about the sky, it wont need the sky because if this will go in a game the camera will see only the ground :)
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Here is a change to the sand !capturasdse.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More poly added V!
  • Jenn0_Bing
    Offline / Send Message
    Jenn0_Bing polycounter lvl 7
    I like the style, two things that jump out to me:
    1) I think the gradient you have on your buildings isn't working, especially how it goes dark through to light and then dark again.
    2) Everything is very stylised in a fairly simple way, apart from the rock texture. It's much higher in detail when compared to all the other props in the scene.
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Jenn0_Bing wrote: »
    I like the style, two things that jump out to me:
    1) I think the gradient you have on your buildings isn't working, especially how it goes dark through to light and then dark again.
    2) Everything is very stylised in a fairly simple way, apart from the rock texture. It's much higher in detail when compared to all the other props in the scene.

yes, you are right about the gradient, i must modify that, i have the rock tex higher because they are large in scale, i think they must have more detail. but its something minor.
  • ScubaSteve
    Offline / Send Message
    ScubaSteve polycounter lvl 17
    I would like to see some changes in the palm trees so they all don't look like clones as well as the vert lighting. If you need help with the vert lighting I have made a tutorial on the wiki page here
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    ScubaSteve wrote: »
    I would like to see some changes in the palm trees so they all don't look like clones as well as the vert lighting. If you need help with the vert lighting I have made a tutorial on the wiki page here

If you can give me the link, i can`t find that tut, would be great. In the time i have worked for a test to a company from where i am and this is the result.

Only diffuse, 2x1024 for the buildings and objects, and one 1024x512 for the car. 6.951 tris in total. C&C are very welcome !

oldfarm.th.jpg
    asddn.th.jpg
    capturdfe.th.jpg
    capture01jp.th.jpg