polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Felixenfeu polycounter lvl 10
Hey, hello you guys and girls all over polycount forum. My name is F

Replies

• Felixenfeu
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some more texturing done, mostly Hairs, ear and some tweaking. Tell me what you think.

boudabouette5.png

I'm stuck too with a little grey edge all around my alpha maps, can't get rid of it. It's a standard black and white alpha map, anyone know how to fix it?
  • Jessica Dinh
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    hmm, in your color map, is the background around all the shells a similar color to whatever the shells are? for example, the hair is white, so i would bleed out that white color from the shells so you don't weird-colored edges from the background color. can you post the color maps?
  • Tadao215
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    lol i like your character, very funny. as for the hands maybe the knuckles could use more definition before you start with the detail. I hope im making sense, but anyway.. great start!
  • Donavonyoung
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    Your hand and foot posts are ok. They are definitely a good start. Spend some time, and just stare at a foot of a hand before you begin sculpting. I find it really helpful to just try and really wrap your head around whatever it is your going to sculpt. Hands, feet, and heads are the hardest so really get intimate with that part of the body.
  • Felixenfeu
    Offline / Send Message
    @Jessica Dinh : I can show you my map but... this is all white, i'll keep searching.

@Tadao215 : Thx :) I undestand what you are trying to say, and i agree, should work around knuckles little more.

@Donavonyoung : Thanks. I'm trying to draw as i'm sculpting, so i can study a maximum every aspect of these body parts. It's pretty darn hard to get these right, but i'm learning alot.
  • Felixenfeu
    Offline / Send Message
    So, i've found that my alpha looks great using nitrous viewport instead of direct3D (in 3ds Max 2012). So i've on the mustache a bit, painted it from scratch.

boudabouette6.png

Now i have to correct my seams problems on my texture (mostly on the hands), and i've gotta find some kind of stand for my character, to make a turntable. I need to rig it too. Gotta get this done for thursday.
  • achillesian
    oozing character and style, good work.
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    GAGGGH i love that character, but the hair man!>! its just a little too funky looking. Id say the white cards in the first post were better. I think it just needs to be chunkier- and less white pubic-hair looking.
  • Felixenfeu
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.

Konstruct, you are probably right, maybe would look better with his brow and 'stache that way. I'm gonna give it a try, but i gotta finish this soon.

Anyway, got my hand done. here's the final result. Ain't perfect, but as a first attempt, i'm pretty proud.

main1wi.png

Going on something else, i'm finishing the feet, then i'm going to study man/woman chest, and legs/arms.

[EDIT] Feet done. I mean.. HAIRY FEET done :) . I messed a bit too much with the hair i guess haha.

pied1.png
  • Felixenfeu
    Offline / Send Message
    I did not stop doing studies. Here is a male torso all done in zbrush. Doing a female next.

torsob.jpg
  • Felixenfeu
    Offline / Send Message
    Some texture work for the torso. Everything done inside zbrush. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

torsotexturesshadertest.jpg