Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Leaky Pipes Tunnel Systems

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Gannon interpolator
Block out and concept I found while browsing CGHUBs Library of awesome a while back. C&C welcome as always :)

leakypipes.jpg

322realsize.jpg

Replies

• Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Looking really awesome dood! Looks like you got the scale pretty nailed. No crits at the moment. :)
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
    I see the pipes but where are the leaks? haha no its looking good. The concept is kewl, looking forward to see how this pans out.
  • nordahl154
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nordahl154 polycounter lvl 9
    I freaking love that concept art, let's see something great out of it! :P
    OR ELSE!
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like that concept. Blockout looks like a solid start so far. Good luck!
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    Good find. Looking forward to this.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    gonna need some mantineance up in dis piece

pretty good mockup so far, looking forward to seeing it develop :)
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Looks great so far Gannon. I'd watch the modularity. Make sure to have some custom pieces. This could easily fall into a repeating 10 meter strip. Your block out forms are nice so far though.
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    The distance between pillars is not the same as the concept at the moment. You lose that proximity there and it'll look emptier.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Haha, glad to see you guys are as excited about this as I am.

@ Jeffro - I've got some nifty crates and decals and some ideas for the far end of the tunnel I'm noodling around with to get some cool unique objects to break the modularity but more on that later.

@ ParoXum - yeah, I noticed it ( the distance ) after I posted it up in the thread so I nudged some stuff around a bit and I think it's looking better but it still feels a bit off. Screen shots after I get home.

Working on some pallets and that nifty looking container there, screen shots of those in a bit. I didn't bring the main scene files with me to work on the UDK side.

-Gannon
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    I'll do the straps later tonight and sculpt the wooden pallet as well.

The crates a little tough to see so I'm just winging it as usual. Feel free to put in any design ideas/suggestions.

crate.jpg
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Not dead, just distracted but enough of that.

Started playing around with some hand painted realistic concrete textures, testing out how to make it look painted on and did some sculpting and bases for other things.

leakypipes.jpg
  • HughieDM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HughieDM polycounter lvl 7
    the rock needs some contrast in it
    nice work so far though keep it up
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    You got faceted normals on your pillars, I think you can get rid of that by triangulating your mesh before baking.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Mini Update:

leakypipes.jpg

Tweaked the pillar texture a bit, some weird anomaly going on with the one on the left. That splotch isn't in the texture or any other pillar but it just started showing up for some reason. I kinda like it so I don't care. Plus it's going to change again once I add in the dripping rust around the base and the numbers for the pillars.

Decided to give the rock walls a whirl. I'm not 100% thrilled with them yet. I need to bring out more darks in some areas to get a little more pop but that'll come later.

I need to finish sculpting the last cross beam, finish modeling the pipes that breaker thing and all the other wire/outlets to be mounted on the pillars. figure out what's going at the end of the hall and then it's on to shader work :D