Home Unreal Engine

Strange Light Bleeding Issue

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
PogoP polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys.

Working on a new environment and I'm just testing out lighting atm. However, I've run into a weird lighting issue.

As you can see in the following screenshots, light is bleeding through in very strange locations. I'm getting lighting leaking through the exterior walls, and it seems to be bouncing incorrectly. The exterior house is being lit by lightmass, but the only orange light in the scene is inside the house. I don't know how this is happening!

prob2.jpg

prob2_1.jpg

I'm also using a dominant directional light and a skylight, but they are set to very low blue colours.

Let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this issue, it's very odd.

I've tried using gigantic lightmap resolutions, but still getting the bleeding issue. Even with a relatively low lightmap res, it shouldn't bleed this much, and the exterior shouldn't be lit up.

EDIT - It's fixed now. For some reason, 'enable shadow casting' was turned off on all my static meshes in the generic browser. Strange.

Replies

• Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Not really much point in that post was there, Oniram? I left this up here in case somebody else gets this issue in the future, no need to be cheeky!
  • knak47
    PogoP wrote: »
    EDIT - It's fixed now. For some reason, 'enable shadow casting' was turned off on all my static meshes in the generic browser. Strange.

No the post is definitely helpful, so how did you turn it back on? Did you have to do it one by one, or is there a master switch for all static meshes? Guess I am kind of a dumb ass I am not sure where the "generic browser" is, did you mean the content browser?
  • Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
    Not really much point in that post was there, Oniram? I left this up here in case somebody else gets this issue in the future, no need to be cheeky!

sry if i came off that way. i started reading your issue and then started typing up a response to it... THEN noticed the edit.. so i just got rid of everything i deleted and replaced with "K." my bad.
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    I had the same problem recently, when I have imported a custom mesh. I don't know why too... :shifty:
    I have tried other, no more problems.

It's really strange.